1. How to gear up on a dead server?

I've never went beyond cataclysm in retail, and was hoping to check out some of the content in MoP; unfortunately the server is not active enough for me to gear up easily.

I tried queueing for scenarios - but there are no one else in queue

I tried to queue for random dungeons/raid finder - but cannot, most likely because my gear level is too low, but I don't even get a message saying that "your gear level is insufficient"

the only way seems to be pvp - but with MoP introducing pvp power, pvp gear is not really that good for pve, and all the bgs horde seems to be always losing so it's extra slow.

Are there any other ways of gearing up so that I can at least queue for random dungeons without having to spend 39(!) points per piece of gear on a dead server?

2. You can always try apply to a guild, there are not many doing PvE but try to search. The shop should have a review, because the price to donate and items cost on frostwolf are really high... since we have low population the staff should consider lowering the items a bit.

3. go to othere server i had to change servers *** this one has gone to **** and think that the people that run it have just given up, think thats why alot of people have left and arent jusing it anymore.

4. I have quite a lot of time and points/coins spent on Icecrown, and was just looking for something different, and wanted to pick up mop, but I have no way to gear up past the point where I can even do random dungeons it seems.

5. go to othere server i had to change servers *** this one has gone to **** and think that the people that run it have just given up, think thats why alot of people have left and arent jusing it anymore.
    Not quite but i wont repeat myself further. You can check the bugtracker at any given time and sort by latest updated to see whats being worked on by the devs. Im testing the entire expansion.

As for the original post. You can join a guild, queue for rdf mop dungeons as its cross faction, do timeless isle

6. the best idea is to go to timeless isle and get full gear set, once you have it you can go bgs to farm honor.