1. May 1, 2020  

Disc priest pvp bis season 1 wotlk gear

Hi!

I just started on frostmourne and am wondering what is bis gear for disc arena (especially pve gear to get)?

Also, I looked at some of the highest ranked priests and it seems like most of them don't run any hit. Sometimes 1-3%. I thought soft cap was 4%? They don't really get spell pen either. Why is that?

Thanks!

2. May 1, 2020  
    Stats aren't abundant at this point. Getting hit rating and spell pen enough to cap them will be a pain in the ***. You'll likely find most not bothering with the stat yet and focusing on resilience for the time being.

3. May 1, 2020  
    I'm talking about the highest rated priests on Icecrown and Blackrock which is in the last season. That's why it was kind weird to me that they didn't care about those stats when they have maxed gear.

4. May 1, 2020  
    You said you were playing on Frostmourne, so I wanted to give information that is relevant to you. However, for what you're looking at on other realms doesn't reflect what you would want to do on Frostmourne. That said, however, you shouldn't look to copy the top players as someone starting out, as those players will oftentimes do things with their characters that suit their playstyle and their arena comp. Some may even consider hit and spell pen to not be worth the loss of resilience, for example, when going up against the best players on best in slot geared DPS classes such as Warriors.