1. May 3, 2020  

[Frostmourne] Gathering Node Respawn Rates

Hello

I have been playing Warmane servers on and off for about 3 years now. I remember gathering nodes being a bit difficult to find because of the high population, but it was still doable late at night or during off-hours.

However, on Frostmourne, I have been attempting to level Blacksmithing for a little over a week now. I've been stuck in 400-450 because Saronite Ore is 350g/stack (too expensive to buy in bulk) and borderline impossible to farm yourself, resulting in a minimal amount of ores in the economy and the ability for people to essentially monopolize it and gouge the prices. The nodes just don't spawn enough to accommodate the high population and need of professions in such an early patch of the expansion.

I have seen this issue with herbs as well, where I can go days without even seeing a single node to gather myself. I have tried farming late at night, I have tried forming routes that are less traveled and may yield higher results, and still, I have nothing.

I understand if it were scripted this way in a later expansion, where professions aren't AS crucial and don't determine whether or not you are able to play endgame content, but this patch is all about min-maxing, and the fact of the matter is that the pool of available ores does not effectively accommodate the population.

I know that your server actively bans bots, however, I think more action is needed to level the playing field for 12,000 players (or however many the server caps at) because there is not enough of a window for the average player to gather.

Simple solution: increase the respawn rates of the gathering nodes = lower prices > more crafting mats in circulation > more players able to access profession bonuses > more players able to play the early endgame content before more content is patched in.

Thank you for reading :)

2. May 4, 2020  
    Couldn't agree more. I think that the mob respawn rates are higher than blizzlike which is a very welcome change, but I think gatherable nodes are not on par with the population...

3. May 9, 2020  
    If I could upvote this I would. Gathering node spawns are super buggy and nothing is being done about it.