1. May 5, 2020  

False reporting needs to be bannable.

Every time you win an item it feels like you get whispers threatening to report you for ninja looting.

I won a 2 handed axe as a DK. A two handed axe, and got reported for ninja looting by 2 warriors and now have a 5 day ban. Please tell me how me, a DK, can ninja loot a 2 handed axe?

You really need to investigate reports properly instead of blindly following anything that they say, and when the report turns out to be false, the ACCUSER needs to be banned.

2. May 5, 2020  
    If you play Frost spec then you ninja 2handed weapon if you NEED on it.

3. May 5, 2020  
    Every time you win an item it feels like you get whispers threatening to report you for ninja looting.

I won a 2 handed axe as a DK. A two handed axe, and got reported for ninja looting by 2 warriors and now have a 5 day ban. Please tell me how me, a DK, can ninja loot a 2 handed axe?

You really need to investigate reports properly instead of blindly following anything that they say, and when the report turns out to be false, the ACCUSER needs to be banned.
    It's ninja in a dungeon if you need roll a two handed weapon when you are in frost spec.

4. May 5, 2020  
    If you play Frost spec then you ninja 2handed weapon if you NEED on it.
    Not true. Unless the rules have changed, the server rules state that if a character can use it, it is not ninja looting, I've lost many items due to this, it is not ninja looting. Ie. priest rolling on plate gear.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325598

My suggestion would be to open a ticket. If you have a character that can use it, regardless of spec, it's not ninja looting.
    Edited: May 5, 2020

5. May 5, 2020  
    Not true. Unless the rules have changed, the server rules state that if a character can use it, it is not ninja looting, I've lost many items due to this, it is not ninja looting. Ie. priest rolling on plate gear.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325598

My suggestion would be to open a ticket. If you have a character that can use it, regardless of spec, it's not ninja looting.
    It's ninja looting if it's not your spec. It's what happens all the time and a ret paladin goes in there and needs on all the tank/healer gear.

6. May 5, 2020  
    It's ninja looting if it's not your spec. It's what happens all the time and a ret paladin goes in there and needs on all the tank/healer gear.
    I appreciate your input, but reread the rules sir, that's not a true statement, and I've seen it over and over again through the years, if your toon can use it, regardless of spec, it is not ninja looting. Now I agree it's a crappy thing to do, but we're not talking that, we're talking about the rules. As the head GM states, it's legit.

It says, " Player need rolling (group loot) on items which he cannot even use."
    not "Player need rolling (group loot) on items which their current spec cannot even use."

and as to the OP, near the bottom of the rules it says this: Do NOT deface players in public (global channel etc) especially if you have no proof against them. Actions may be taken against players who continue to call others ninjas in public channels.

open the ticket.

7. May 5, 2020  
    Opening a ticket won't do anything. As everyone else has pointed out, the ban was correct. If you think the word of the rule should be revised, feel free to contact the Head GM by PM, but Need is reserved for what you were playing during the run, unless unanimously agreed beforehand. Otherwise Paladins and Druids could go using Need for probably everything.

To the thread creator, if the report had been a false or mistaken one it would have been dismissed, not resulted in you getting a ban.

8. May 5, 2020  
    Opening a ticket won't do anything. As everyone else has pointed out, the ban was correct. If you think the word of the rule should be revised, feel free to contact the Head GM by PM, but Need is reserved for what you were playing during the run, unless unanimously agreed beforehand. Otherwise Paladins and Druids could go using Need for probably everything.

To the thread creator, if the report had been a false or mistaken one it would have been dismissed, not resulted in you getting a ban.
    OK, I miss spoke, I saw that as soon as I typed that but was to lazy to fix it, I should have said, open a message the GM.

With all due respect, Obnoxious, you’re a forum mod, not a Gm, now I’m sure you can reach out to the Gm’s fairly easy, but I would argue that it’s up to the GM to interpreted that rule, and I’m not sure of the exactly situation of the reports. There are a number of reasons that that GM chose to ban the guy. Maybe there was other reasons. The OP could have broken other rules of ninja looting, I’m not sure on that one, but I do know that if a player can use the item, regardless of spec, it is not ninja looting. I would wager, that it is because of it is entirely too difficult to enforce that on a players when they could possible use it, and duel spec is a factor as well.

I also will not suggest a rule wording change, I’m fine with it as it is, others may do that, doesn’t matter to me, I’m stating the rules as they are listed.

If i'm wrong please reach out to the head GM and let me know, I've seen this fact stated over and over again in the forums, and I'm not going to search through just to prove a point, I'm to lazy. however I'm almost 100% positive I'm right.

9. May 5, 2020  
    OK, I miss spoke, I saw that as soon as I typed that but was to lazy to fix it, I should have said, open a message the GM.
    With all due respect, Obnoxious, you’re a forum mod, not a Gm, now I’m sure you can reach out to the Gm’s fairly easy, but I would argue that it’s up to the GM to interpreted that rule, and I’m not sure of the exactly situation of the reports. There are a number of reasons that that GM chose to ban the guy. Maybe there was other reasons. The OP could have broken other rules of ninja looting, I’m not sure on that one, but I do know that if a player can use the item, regardless of spec, it is not ninja looting. I would wager, that it is because of it is entirely too difficult to enforce that on a players when they could possible use it, and duel spec is a factor as well.
    I also will not suggest a rule wording change, I’m fine with it as it is, others may do that, doesn’t matter to me, I’m stating the rules as they are listed.
    I have no need to reach out. The reason he was banned is what everyone else already said, you just don't seem to accept it even after someone in the Staff confirmed it.

10. May 5, 2020  
    I have no need to reach out. The reason he was banned is what everyone else already said, you just don't seem to accept it even after someone in the Staff confirmed it.
    I just think you're mistaken on this point. I have no doubt you know the forums rules backward, however I would argue that there is a need to reach out and get some advise. I've seen this done many times. the response when I started, and this was done to me, was that, if the player can use it, its all good.

I have seen pallies and dru's do this many times, to content your point.

So, if I'm wrong I'd be happy to admit that, once proven that I am, however you really should reach out.

Just because you're part of the staff, doesn't mean you're right, everyone makes mistakes. You're also human.

I'm really not trying to be confrontational, but I do think I'm right in this, and that's the reason for the push-back.

11. May 5, 2020  
    I planned on starting my ret offset this week. If I wanted to do so via the random dungeon finder, do I need to go put on my questing greens from when I was leveling and and do 1k DPS to avoid "zomg ninja, reported"?

Rather than speeding through in my 3900 gs holy set?

12. May 5, 2020  
    I just think you're mistaken on this point. I have no doubt you know the forums rules backward, however I would argue that there is a need to reach out and get some advise. I've seen this done many times. the response when I started, and this was done to me, was that, if the player can use it, its all good.

I have seen pallies and dru's do this many times, to content your point.

So, if I'm wrong I'd be happy to admit that, once proven that I am, however you really should reach out.

Just because you're part of the staff, doesn't mean you're right, everyone makes mistakes. You're also human.

I'm really not trying to be confrontational, but I do think I'm right in this, and that's the reason for the push-back.
    Think whatever you want as far as I'm concerned, but stop misinforming players, which could lead them to get banned. This isn't a request.

I planned on starting my ret offset this week. If I wanted to do so via the random dungeon finder, do I need to go put on my questing greens from when I was leveling and and do 1k DPS to avoid "zomg ninja, reported"?

Rather than speeding through in my 3900 gs holy set?
    No, you need to have passable gear for the specialization you want to use, otherwise people will more than likely kick and replace you.
    But yes, if you went using Need for something you aren't running, without everyone in the group agreeing to it, you would probably get reported and banned.

13. May 5, 2020  
    I appreciate your input, but reread the rules sir, that's not a true statement, and I've seen it over and over again through the years, if your toon can use it, regardless of spec, it is not ninja looting. Now I agree it's a crappy thing to do, but we're not talking that, we're talking about the rules. As the head GM states, it's legit.

It says, " Player need rolling (group loot) on items which he cannot even use."
    not "Player need rolling (group loot) on items which their current spec cannot even use."

and as to the OP, near the bottom of the rules it says this: Do NOT deface players in public (global channel etc) especially if you have no proof against them. Actions may be taken against players who continue to call others ninjas in public channels.

open the ticket.
    I appreciate your input, but you can keep quoting the rules all you'd like - I'm telling you what I've seen over the past year. As you said yourself
    ...but I would argue that it’s up to the GM to interpreted that rule...
    They tend to interpret the rule as if you select need on an item that isn't for your spec, it's ninja looting.

I see both sides of the coin, sure it sucks to have garbage gear and try to build an off-set, but the only other option is to join a group, ask them politely if they mind you take certain items for offspec, and if they all agree screenshot it. At the same time however, if I'm trying to get dps for my main spec, why should a tank be able to take those items from me for his offspec. Not to mention if they're an enchanter, maaaaan imagine being a tank for insta queue, running hrdf, taking every dps item that drops, and just go crazy DE'ing after the run.

14. May 5, 2020  
    I appreciate your input, but you can keep quoting the rules all you'd like - I'm telling you what I've seen over the past year. As you said yourself

They tend to interpret the rule as if you select need on an item that isn't for your spec, it's ninja looting.

I see both sides of the coin, sure it sucks to have garbage gear and try to build an off-set, but the only other option is to join a group, ask them politely if they mind you take certain items for offspec, and if they all agree screenshot it. At the same time however, if I'm trying to get dps for my main spec, why should a tank be able to take those items from me for his offspec. Not to mention if they're an enchanter, maaaaan imagine being a tank for insta queue, running hrdf, taking every dps item that drops, and just go crazy DE'ing after the run.
    I just know what I've been told, and saw. So I'm going to reach out now.

Think whatever you want as far as I'm concerned, but stop misinforming players, which could lead them to get banned. This isn't a request.
    I'll reach out to the Head Gm myself. Thanks. I'd really like to know. Thanks for the threatening comment. I'll get back to you.

15. May 5, 2020  
    Thanks for the threatening comment.
    You're most welcome. I don't care if you get banned eventually for being stubborn, but the odd chance that someone could be mislead by it and get banned themselves isn't something I will allow to persist in our Forums.

123 ... Last