1. May 6, 2020  

WG in Lordaeron -> "mandatory"

First of all I'm gonna start stating that I'm relativly new player on Warmane Lordaeron (playing for just 3 months) and was having really good time while leveling. During my lvling I noticed that it was mostly PvE server (which I don't mind since I'm mostly PvE myself). Having hit 80 with my shaman I also tried some PvP and I had fun with that too. Then I started doing wgs.....
    This is all coming from perspective of a horde player. There is no greater disappointment in PvP than WG on Lordaeron for horde players. Why is it such dreadful excpirience for us? Why does Alliance control wg 90% of the time? Due to couple of reasons which I will enlist now:
    1) Alliance is better at PvP, as many have stated. Ok, I do agree with that one and I don't think we can change that.
    2) Alliance always has more players doing wg. ALWAYS. This is kinda funny since Horde has more players in general on Lordaeron (last time I checked). This makes it extremely hard to capture wg (when we're attacking) since they can stack on one place if we breach (ha ha) and we can't do anything about that. No PvP technique can win those numbers (not even 8 tenacity).
    3) There are lots of players who go fishing or afk during wg waiting for others to do all the work so they can pug VoA (and they win rewards depending on outcome of the battle).
    Considering these facts I want to make a suggestion to Warmane staff and Horde players on Lordaeron in general. We can't change number 1, but number 2 and 3 can be adjusted. What I will say now is just my suggestion. I want Horde that does PvP on Lordaeron to make theirs aswell.
    Make VoA unavailible for those who haven't done WG at least 4 times that week. What I noticed is that if we do manage to win WG there are a lot of VoA groups being formed on Global channel and if we would combine the numbers of those groups I doubt it would make for average number of WG Horde players. If you check the major cities during WG you'll noticed there are a lot players doing nothing or trying to pug some fail raid (when they could be having fun doing WG). WG takes 20-30 minutes in general, 4*30 (worst case scenario)= 120 which is 2hr of your gameplay time per week. I think everyone can manage that if they want to do VoA that week. Also since there are players that have alts who would do VoA aswell I would make this rule per account, not character. I think this rule is pretty fair because, as I stated, why would you get cool gear from a raid that requires 2 brain cells if you don't want to do dirty work to get to that raid. I would like to also hear other suggestion as how to make WG "mandatory" for Horde players.
    As for number 3 I really don't know how should we change that. Maybe some "report for AFK" system as in BGs (if there isn't one already). It would be bad if someone comes to afk and then gets credits for participating in WG when he / she clearly did nothing.
    My main focus was number 2. I have given it a lot of thought and I think this would be fair for everyone who wants to PvE / PvP or both. I would really like to hear your thoughts on this subject, esspacily from frustrated Horde players like myself. Give it a thought.

2. May 6, 2020  
    Terrible idea to make WG mandatory for ppl who dont like pvp.

3. May 6, 2020  
    horde please stop crying about wintergrasp and pvp on lordaeron! you are pve side so we dont care we like pvp please go afk in dalaran and shhss.

4. May 6, 2020  
    Forcing people to play is one of the dumbest ideas posted here recently, right behind the guy suggesting to limit playtime to 30 minutes.
    How is everyone supposed to do WG on all of their alts 4 times per week? People have 3-4-6 characters. Each of those has to do it 4 times. What you've accomplished now is having even more AFK players, on both sides. And crippled horde just got even worse since people want to do VOA on their alts, not their mains, so they join WG on those alts, 3k gs alts.
    Doesn't take much to think for a second before coming up with stupid mobile game tactics forcing people to play. This isn't one of those games.

5. May 6, 2020  
    You clearly haven't read the whole topic. I stated that this rule would be appliable per account not character. As to "forcing people do it".... It's not forcing. They don't have to do it. They simply wouldn't be able to do VoA if they don't. If they're not doing VoA in the first place and are hardcore ICC hc players then this really doesn't affect them and they shouldn't care much about it.

6. May 6, 2020  
    It is forcing. People are farming emblems and you're butthurt cause horde has no PVP guilds that you'd screw over pretty much both factions just to get what exactly? More players showing up for WG maybe? They'll stay afk on the first 4 Monday WGs and wait for a win later on. It would also make it harder for people who actually do fight to get in because you're forcing way more players to show up, most of them just going in to push their 4th battle.

7. May 6, 2020  
    As said it also goes with the system that recognizes afk players so them just showing up won't mean much since they won't get credit for participating if they were afk. Ok so if you think it's forcing look at it this way. You want do to LK in ICC 25 but you can't down DBS and hate him very much.... Does game force you to do DBS or you doing it by your own free will? Simple as that. If you want something done do the dirty work first :)

8. May 6, 2020  
    I can join a raid at LK without ever seeing first 11 bosses.
    AFK not getting the credit? How does that work? Like BG afk? Causing all of the 3k gs mages to run into battle and die? There's lots of people that actually have other things to do than be forced to play for 30m every 2 and a half hours. While actively raiding we almost always had to wait for some core players to come home from work, you think they'd have time to wait for WG and to waste another 30 minutes doing it?
    Make your own group/guild, call it "We want VOA" and focus on doing wg, problem solved without ruining the game for thousands of other players.

9. May 6, 2020  
    You missed the point entirely or you're just trying to make me bad guy trying to force everyone do something they don't want..... I repeat, those that do other raids like ICC / RS / Ulduar / Sunwell Plateou / Molten core etc.... and are strictly pve hardcore shouldn't be bothered by this. Those that want to do VoA (which is bassicaly free loot raid) would have to do wgs 4 times a week (you can check my calculation and see that it really isn't much of your time).... As for low geared people. There are many other ways of participating in wg, like capturing workshops, using sieges etc. which don't depend on your gear (same as is in bgs but that's not the topic). I repeat, it wouldn't be mandatory for anyone. Don't let the subject name fool you. I named it purpposely like that so more people would read this.

10. May 6, 2020  
    Even strictly PVE players still come to VOA, either for gearing up alts or offspecs or even main characters.
    If there's strictly PVE, is there also strictly PVP? Why don't they show up for WG? Taking away strictly PVE players, also the lazy strictly PVP players, you're left with casual pve/pvp players and low geared players. While low geared players can try to do things, they are so easily killed that they can only pray that nobody will see them capturing the workshop because anyone can kill them in about 2 seconds.
    This whole "issue" can be solved by 10-20 players actually wanting to play and win and organise a bit, but if you expect a horde (hehe) of players to show up and cooperate you're very very wrong. Without organisation they'll all run around like headless chicken, lose a WG without realising what's happening and end up giving up on it.

11. May 6, 2020  
    Even with a system that kicks ppl who are afk you are still gonna lose if you have ppl who refuse to do WG since you forced them to join. Or they might do a minimal effort so they dont get kicked. I dont like pvp that much, but if i really want VOA im gonna join WG but otherwise i dont care since its pvp.

12. May 6, 2020  
    You missed the point entirely or you're just trying to make me bad guy trying to force everyone do something they don't want.
    But that's exactly what you're doing. People who don't enjoy PvP will not go WG. However, they like PvE and want to go gear up and do VoA. Woops, you can't do that because you don't like PvP. Dumb suggestion.

13. May 6, 2020  
    Might as well require at least 500 heroic kills per week to allow players to do raids in general or otherwise prevent them from entering. 500 HC Kills is nothing - you can do that while leveling too!

And unless you want to raid you don't have to participate in pvp of any form. Simple.

...sounds pretty dumb, doesn't it?

14. May 6, 2020  
    It's already plenty that people don't have an option regarding so-called "world PvP."
    PvE content isn't going to be locked behind participation in PvP.