1. May 6, 2020  

a bit outrageous.

Hello guys, honestly im not the kind of person that comes to forum to post or even read as my time or mental availabily doesnt allow me to, but here it goes.

I am relatively new to server (been playing for 2/3 months, on a daily basis and ever since lockdown, loads of hours per day) i have 2 characters level 80, stuck between 5.1 and 5.4k gs. The problem is, there is a culture of "GEARSCORE" on this server that goes beyond stupidity, like people asking 5.5k gs AND ACHIEVEMENT (lol?) for VOA 10 or as i have seen, 6k for toc 25. Listen, i understand that most players have been around the server for quite a long time and just want things done, but the rest of server adopted that as mandatory.. listen, those raids i have mentioned earlier, are done with 4k gs, slower, with brain, but successfully. And with this "stupid" culture that this server has, new players will never get a chance of raiding ICC or RS, because the demands are simply... how can i put it... ******ed, at the very least. I have a tank and a healer, my tank (5.4k gs and obviously def capped) is denied of any ICC because... GEARSCORE IS TOO LOW.. what? mate, i know ICC back and forth, unlike at least 50% of server.. I have seen people using gear non gemmed or enchanted or even for their class, diplaying low dps or low heal or awful tanking, but have gearscore, so they are accepted for raids.. dont know a single tactic, but get the chance for the loot and, on the other hand, me and a couple of friends "new" to the server, never get an invite, instead, will have to farm 600 frost emblems, so we can buy gear from npc's so we can have an invite to do raids where the gear wont matter that much because already have better..

This is not me crying or anything, honestly, i find it so funny that i make fun of this, and, in my eyes, for a game with so many years of existence, most of you are clueless about what youre doing. Challenging content? nah dudes, mentally challenged people doing it. On retail, there wasnt icc buff either at the beggining, and, without 6k gs, we were able to have a really nice progression, even kill LK, but yeah, demands brain, which, so far, i have seen only a couple. i will carry on playing and making fun of this, but not all have same attitude, which leads to people quitting because they have no chance for progression. Raiding guilds only recruit geared people and social guilds are... useless. Making your own raid is not for me to be honest, i dont have the profile or patience to do it and its my own fault but this is insane. my advice? got none, people are too dumb

2. May 7, 2020  
    Honestly, the best solution is to just make the groups yourself. You're geared enough that nobody will question why you're raid leading, and you can be as selective as you want with who joins your raid.

3. May 7, 2020  
    Honestly, the best solution is to just make the groups yourself. You're geared enough that nobody will question why you're raid leading, and you can be as selective as you want with who joins your raid.
    I dont disagree with that, and i said it in post, that it is my own fault for not doing it, but honestly im not the person to do it as i will probably stress out with minimal things and, as we all do, i play to relax and enjoy not the other way. i just wanted to say that this "gearscore culture" that was most likely imposed by well equipped people and/or players with more time played, imposed to the community. i understand that is not easy to filter people like "Ardillas Voladoras" and same skill tier players, but have in mind that there are a load of new players that actually know the game and it is not the gearscore that defines them.

4. May 7, 2020  
    I doubt you have done Voa10 and toc25 with 4k gs if so you were carried. And depending on how far the raid wanna go in icc10 they are gonna be asking for a gs that is high than needed since pugs can suck.

5. May 7, 2020  
    the issue with the high gearscore requirements on Lordaeron is that the bosses are way harder than they're "supposed to be"

VoA bosses have literally double the health of retail ones,
    there's no ICC buff
    the bosses in ICC are about 30% harder (~30% more damage and health) and with shorter enrage timers than 0% on retail

so some of the "high" gearscore requirements in some cases are pretty much the minimum bar, it takes a group of 5k+ to do VoA25, 4.8k+ or so for VoA10

and on the topic of tanks... that's one of the issues, I have a 5.7k dk now, and what's dragging that number down is my weapon is absolute crap, and my second trinket is black heart, pugs don't know or care about "but I'm actually correctly itemized" all they know is 5.8 or gtfo

I have noticed that... I get an item which is a big upgrade in defensives but has 12 gs more... crawling up 12 gs at a time from 5.3k to 5.8... isn't fun, but it's a tank's life when some of their bis pieces are 264 (eof belt, cloak, dbs10hc wrist)
    Edited: May 7, 2020

6. May 7, 2020  
    Well there's several reasons why there's high gs demands and I don't know why you're so surprised by it. As it was said before me, content is boosted in multiple ways. Other than that, raid leaders won't go and check every random's tactic knowledge if he doesn't have achievement. In 90% of the cases those randoms, which are more often than not low gs like you, don't know their class properly so risking baddies in a 25 man raid instead of just inviting people whose gear compensates for their lack of knowledge is the worse choice in this scenario.
    You're should try and lead a raid. Invite lowbies who claim to know tactics, don't ask them for achievement and see how far you go.
    Raids were done with low gs that you claim is enough but that was back when ICC was released. A lot of people joined by then and more often than not those people have no clue about tactics or their class and that gets somewhat corrected by high gs demands.

7. May 7, 2020  
    Hello guys, honestly im not the kind of person that comes to forum to post or even read as my time or mental availabily doesnt allow me to, but here it goes.

I am relatively new to server (been playing for 2/3 months, on a daily basis and ever since lockdown, loads of hours per day) i have 2 characters level 80, stuck between 5.1 and 5.4k gs. The problem is, there is a culture of "GEARSCORE" on this server that goes beyond stupidity, like people asking 5.5k gs AND ACHIEVEMENT (lol?) for VOA 10 or as i have seen, 6k for toc 25. Listen, i understand that most players have been around the server for quite a long time and just want things done, but the rest of server adopted that as mandatory.. listen, those raids i have mentioned earlier, are done with 4k gs, slower, with brain, but successfully. And with this "stupid" culture that this server has, new players will never get a chance of raiding ICC or RS, because the demands are simply... how can i put it... ******ed, at the very least. I have a tank and a healer, my tank (5.4k gs and obviously def capped) is denied of any ICC because... GEARSCORE IS TOO LOW.. what? mate, i know ICC back and forth, unlike at least 50% of server.. I have seen people using gear non gemmed or enchanted or even for their class, diplaying low dps or low heal or awful tanking, but have gearscore, so they are accepted for raids.. dont know a single tactic, but get the chance for the loot and, on the other hand, me and a couple of friends "new" to the server, never get an invite, instead, will have to farm 600 frost emblems, so we can buy gear from npc's so we can have an invite to do raids where the gear wont matter that much because already have better..

This is not me crying or anything, honestly, i find it so funny that i make fun of this, and, in my eyes, for a game with so many years of existence, most of you are clueless about what youre doing. Challenging content? nah dudes, mentally challenged people doing it. On retail, there wasnt icc buff either at the beggining, and, without 6k gs, we were able to have a really nice progression, even kill LK, but yeah, demands brain, which, so far, i have seen only a couple. i will carry on playing and making fun of this, but not all have same attitude, which leads to people quitting because they have no chance for progression. Raiding guilds only recruit geared people and social guilds are... useless. Making your own raid is not for me to be honest, i dont have the profile or patience to do it and its my own fault but this is insane. my advice? got none, people are too dumb
    This issue you so clearly pointed out, lead me to stop playing the game I even tried to suggest Raid Finder instead of a new realm and my posts and questions were ignored all the same.
    The cause is lost, you can't change the system, people will continue to do this dumbcrap.
    There is only 1 option and I don't think it's viable, since most players in the server (in all the realms) are pretty much the same mentality... Find a guild that better suits your need.
    In fact...try to play retail, where you can easily solo content, queue for any raid without even speak a word to anyone in the group or any chat channel in the game at all.
    I'm telling you this from my experience, 14 years of wow, previous molten player...

8. May 7, 2020  
    the issue with the high gearscore requirements on Lordaeron is that the bosses are way harder than they're "supposed to be"

VoA bosses have literally double the health of retail ones,
    there's no ICC buff
    the bosses in ICC are about 30% harder (~30% more damage and health) and with shorter enrage timers than 0% on retail

so some of the "high" gearscore requirements in some cases are pretty much the minimum bar, it takes a group of 5k+ to do VoA25, 4.8k+ or so for VoA10

and on the topic of tanks... that's one of the issues, I have a 5.7k dk now, and what's dragging that number down is my weapon is absolute crap, and my second trinket is black heart, pugs don't know or care about "but I'm actually correctly itemized" all they know is 5.8 or gtfo

I have noticed that... I get an item which is a big upgrade in defensives but has 12 gs more... crawling up 12 gs at a time from 5.3k to 5.8... isn't fun, but it's a tank's life when some of their bis pieces are 264 (eof belt, cloak, dbs10hc wrist)
    This post is accurate, Lordaeron has "challenging content" so you are probably doing raids in Hard Mode, by default.

9. May 7, 2020  
    guys, thanks for the replies, and again, ill say it. first time i went to VOA10 in this server, for example, i had around 4.2/4.4k gs. there was people with 5.5kgs+, i was 2nd on dps list at the end. raid successful, everybody went back to Dalaran, carried by someone with almost less 2k gs than them. the other day there was this "healer" in my own VOA that i arranged, he had 5.9k gs, holy pala, "core raider" status in his guild. pulled 2.5k heal and 60% was overheal, we wiped, blamed me for having low gs, this guy couldnt even dodge an orb, most simple mechanic ever. But he has almost 6k gs, so probably he was right. Today someone was searching for mdps for toc 25, i said "frost dk 5.2" and linked 3 achievements from toc25, reply was "youre too low" and called me a noob in like 3 pm's in a row. Raids are done with less gs if people know what they are doing, which, in this server, they dont (most ofc). it is painful to even think that people agree with this "gearscore mentality". only proves that you need gear to be carried, nothing else. doing icc without buff? been there, done that. players dont know how to gem or enchant gear? no problem if you have 6k gs, but if you have 5.2, fully gemmed, enchanted, knowledge about the raid and class, wait a minute, where is the gearscore? mate, i need that raid for the gearscore, otherwise it is REALLY HARD to gear up. invites for raiding guilds? nonsense, they only recruit if you dont need anything from raids, because with 6k+ you just need a couple of items and youre done. once again, content may be challenging, but it is not that hard... just not so easy as it should. Mechanics are still the same, tactics will still be the same..

10. May 9, 2020  
    Yeah, it is kind of the same as getting first in your field job after school w/o experience (achievement).
    So you are stuck with burger flipping (RHC farm) for a while or starting your own bussines (raid).

11. May 9, 2020  
    You are right about the high gs demand, but the issue is most people with low gs actually ARE crap.
    Ye, I know that some classes can do decent dps with ~4.2k gs, but the fact is most of them don't. Just look at the average dps on RHC, where people with 5k gs mostly do below 5k dps on bosses.
    That why guilds are really good for gearing up. Claiming I can do 5k+ dps on my 4.3k gs char won't get me anywhere when trying to join pugs, but guild mates who know me, and saw that I'm not lying will let me join raids even when my gs isn't as high as they demand from global.

12. May 12, 2020  
    At this point I’d be willing to move my chars to a realm that’s actually blizzlike...if frostmourne can happen, maybe a pure vanilla realm I can move my goons to can as well.

13. May 12, 2020  
    Well there's several reasons why there's high gs demands and I don't know why you're so surprised by it. As it was said before me, content is boosted in multiple ways. Other than that, raid leaders won't go and check every random's tactic knowledge if he doesn't have achievement. In 90% of the cases those randoms, which are more often than not low gs like you, don't know their class properly so risking baddies in a 25 man raid instead of just inviting people whose gear compensates for their lack of knowledge is the worse choice in this scenario.
    You're should try and lead a raid. Invite lowbies who claim to know tactics, don't ask them for achievement and see how far you go.
    Raids were done with low gs that you claim is enough but that was back when ICC was released. A lot of people joined by then and more often than not those people have no clue about tactics or their class and that gets somewhat corrected by high gs demands.
    That why ppls ask gs for tbc raids also?:D

14. May 12, 2020  
    GS has been a problem that plagues wotlk servers for many years now. I sometimes tell people how much hp and defence I have as a tank and pretend I dont have the GS addon just to see them flop around and not have a clue about what is required because they are so *****ic with their GS requirements.
    There's no winning here so don't waste your time.

15. May 12, 2020  
    I sometimes tell people how much hp and defence I have as a tank and pretend I dont have the GS addon just to see them flop around and not have a clue about what is required because they are so *****ic with their GS requirements.
    I've done that... wsped someone saying "36k armor 3.5k stamina blood dk with 23% dodge 24% parry" and got "gs?" back... people are adorable sometimes

12 Last