1. May 7, 2020  

Tips I’ve learned from 3.3.5 frost mage pvp so far (Frostmourne)

Hello all. I’m new to frost mage and thought I’d make a post to share things I’ve come across so far for discussion to maybe help other noob mages looking to improve in pvp like myself.

1) minimum 4/5 arctic winds. I’ve found this made a noticeable difference in my damage output. Previously was going for more a utility build but I’ve been preferring more damage oriented.
    2) not putting any points into shattered barrier. I find that this screws up my roots DR and I have trouble predicting when it’ll go off mid fight. I end up frequently overlapping it with frost nova in the mid fight. Probably a L2P issue.
    3) +20 resilience gem and +12 resilience gems. All the guides I find online say to gem for spell power or haste, but I think they must be taking into account the final pvp season. Right now on frostmourne if you don’t go full resi then melee can eat you up in 3 globals.
    4) Use cold snap offensively. For awhile I’m only saving cold snap as a double ice block button. I wish the CD was a bit shorter, maybe 5 mins like rogue prep when talented. oh well. But using it offensively is insanely powerful for 1v1. This will let your continue to dish out damage on the move through ice lance, even if frost bolt is your main nuke.

I think that’s a good starting point for now. If anyone wants to add to this please do, as I’m always looking to improve. Or if anyone disagrees, please feel free to elaborate. I hope someone finds this helpful.

2. May 22, 2020  
    1) well where u pull out 4 of talent points from? The only place i can think off is winter chill but winter chill is important as it adds an extra buff that dispeller have to dispell before they dispell your snare...

2) shattered barrier is damn important . sorry no willing to sacrifice that . its a free frost.