1. May 7, 2020  

Hakkari items

I opened over 600 Steel Lockboxes to get Hakkari items for my lvl 20 wpvp character. Got the rings and a hood, didn't get the chest. Couple of days later, a friend saw me wearing them, and warned me that he heard of a guy who got a ban for using these items as a lvl 19 twink in bg. This got me worried, so I decided to start this thread.

I don't see in what way this gear offers any unfair advantage, since anyone can get it. It's not horde or alliance exclusive. Some people think that this drop is bugged on Warmane. I researched online, and looks like these items dropped on retail too from Steel Lockboxes, about 0.05% chance. Source: https://classicdb.ch/?item=4637#contains

Since I have an account in good standing (since 2012), and I really do not want to get banned or forceleveled, I guess I have a question for Warmane: is it ok to use these items on my lvl 20 for wpvp or not?

The items will sit in the bank until I get an official answer. Thanks in advance

2. May 7, 2020  
    It could fall under "bug exploiting" maybe.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037
    -anything else that gives you advantage over others that abuse the normal system.

could also fall under "PvP exploiting"
    Twinks: Using Pointshop items with no-level requirements on a low level character to have advantage in PVP against any other players is NOT fair. Doesn't matter how many Points or Coins you spent to make it. You are going to have your twink force-leveled and won't be refunded.

It's not a point item per say but it doesn't have a lvl requirement and it's obvious it's for higher level than 19
    I suggest you drop the idea of wearing them if you don't want to be banned that badly. Keep in mind that if you do it might be a shorter ban (a week or 2 imo)

3. May 7, 2020  
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=399539&page=1

this thread is about the same thing. there is no official answer yet.

4. May 7, 2020  
    @Thorbjorn
    About your first point, I don't see any advantage over others, since anyone can get these.
    About second point, this seems to me just a regular drop from a regular container, a reward for two weeks of mindlessly farming Steel Lockboxes ;-)

@fdbsfhe4rfar
    I saw that thread, but seemed to me that it speaks specifically about these items on lvl 19. That's why I opened a new one.

Thanks for your input and opinions. These items (head and rings) raise my hp from 1290 to 1460, and my ap by 3, so I agree it is not worth risking a ban, even a short one. This difference is with +9 stam engineering glasses. If I had Lucky Fishing Hat, stamina difference would be even smaller.
    Edited: May 7, 2020 Reason: grammar

5. May 8, 2020  

6. May 8, 2020  
    I would like to finish on the goal of people who block at level 20 (at least my own goal, being the precursor of all this situation): our goal is to optimize our characters without disturbing the twink community, and essentially do WPVP . The Hakkari stuff is an integral part of World Of Warcraft and therefore part of the optimization of a character. I fully agree with its ban on twinks 19, but if you have to ban it at other levels, you might as well ban the AGM or the fishing hat which normally can be obtained around level 40-45 (zone of Stranglethorn). I also want to add that the WPVP is different from the PVP: I can very well fall against a level 14 just as I can very well fall on a level 40 (and believe me to come across 80 rogues that only do shadowstep + camouflage and that kill you 64 times in a row is quite common), and that is why I consider it necessary that these items are accessible to those who really want to optimize their characters without disturbing a community. WPVP =/= PVP, Twink 19 =/= Ganker 20.

I thank everyone for reading, and I hope that some words will not be misinterpreted because of Google Translate. I hope to have an answer from a gamemaster to be able to play with serenity also, that would avoid me a banishment of my account after so much farm.

tl:dr https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/76844

AGM & HAT are blizzlikely (it means you could get them back on official 3.3.5a Wrath of The Lich King official blizzard licence in 2010) obtainable. Hakkari gear (Head, chest, rings) are lvl 50+ quests items. You shouldn't drop them from mobs. They're private server bugs and only can be obtainable on private servers.

Now Warmane devs have fixed it (so you CAN'T LOOT IT anymore) and therefore they agree with the report and agree that this is clearly a bug and every bug abuse/exploits are against Terms of Service proposed by Warmane themself. It's now unobtainable unless you're around the lvl 50 and do the questline. So, I don't mind you running around since you're not part of the twink community, but yeah ANYONE you're disrupting by killing them with exploit bug gear can report you. You won't get ban however for such a thing but you'll get your items removed.

Now that you agree or not with this decision, it's your opinion but warmane strive to be as close as it was back in time and, again I'll repeat myself, this wasn't the case in 2010 on retail and that's the end of the subject over here, no matter how much you'll cry, even though you seems it's unfair to have AGM & hat and it can be compared, hakkari wasn't obtainable and AGM/Hat were.

have a good day pc

7. May 8, 2020  
    @freashmaker
    Did you read the first post? I never said anything about looting from the mobs nor did I know that it was ever possible. I said that Hakkari items drop from Steel Lockboxes. Also, this is not a private server bug. These items dropped from Steel Lockboxes on retail, and I posted a link to show it.

8. May 8, 2020  
    @freashmaker
    Did you read the first post? I never said anything about looting from the mobs nor did I know that it was ever possible. I said that Hakkari items drop from Steel Lockboxes. Also, this is not a private server bug. These items dropped from Steel Lockboxes on retail, and I posted a link to show it.
    I do not believe classicdb is 100% accurate. If we look at https://classic.wowhead.com/item=4637/steel-lockbox we can see that Hakkari items do NOT drop from steel lockboxes. So which is correct? I doubt they are supposed to drop from Steel Lockboxes on account of them being a quest reward.

9. May 8, 2020  
    @freashmaker
    Do you even think classicdbh is a classic or retail db? it's a private server db, it's not official.
    I also did post TONS of proof that it wasn't a drop neither from mobs neither from lockboxes.

It's a bug exploit and you should accept that.
    Edited: May 8, 2020

10. May 8, 2020  

11. May 8, 2020  
    What you don't understand is, Warmane is a non - officiel (selfmade) server. This means they had to rewrite all the game manually (to an extend they have been using open source at the beginning). And is a replicate of the original wow they also strive to be as close as how it was in 2010. You couldn't get Hakkari gear in any way (neither drop from mobs, neither drop from lockboxes) in 2010. No matter if you did it FAIRLY on Warmane, it will remain a bug abuse from a blizzlike point of view and will remain against Terms of Service and this is why you can be banned. Because you obtained gear that you shouldn't have had if it was the REAL Wrath of the Lich King from 2010.

It's now FIXED this means you CANNOT LOOT IT ANYMORE (It depends if they really removed it from every mobs, who knows I'm not dev) so they (the warmane staff) agreed that this is a bug abuse and people like you shouldn't run with it.
    Edited: May 9, 2020