1. May 10, 2020  

Is this bannable?

So I queued for RDF HC today and joined a dungeon in progress with 2/4 bosses killed. I got a message asking me whether I want to get saved or leave instance. I clicked leave and kindly asked my teammates to kick me because I need to run the full instance. They started acting extremely toxic and told me to take deserter and that they will report me for disrupting gameplay if I don't do so. After having a brief conversation with them regarding their attitude, 2 of them told me they had me reported and that I will get banned. They obviously refused to kick me just to have a reason to report me and get me banned (I'm a DPS so they would instantly replace me without any problem). After 3-4 mins I just left and took deserter (the group wasn't even full, we were only 4/5).

Is this how RDF should work? Why would I be forced to leave and take 30 mins deserter because I don't want to get saved on a heroic dungeon?
    Edited: May 10, 2020

2. May 10, 2020  
    In short, you can get banned, yes.

If you don't want to play the dungeone for whatever reason - you should leave and take the deserter, not ask for a kick.

This was mainly implemented as people would pick and choose what dunegones they want to do, and just sit there and /afk until they get kicked which isn't fair on the others having to wait around, especially if it's a tank or a healer.
    Edited: May 10, 2020

3. May 10, 2020  
    If for whatever reason you want to do every heroic on full run then yes, take the 30 min deserter. Otherwise just do the fing run with 2/4 already down, itseven better if you are farming emblems cause of the bonus

4. May 10, 2020  
    As others already pointed out it is bannable. Also even if they kick you RDF queue have 15 mins CD befor you can queue again, so you better just leave the take the debuff.

5. May 10, 2020  
    Part of the RDF system is the 'luck of the draw.' You should create a walk-in HC group if you want to guarantee you do the full instance. Otherwise, yes it is bannable to refuse to leave and refuse to do the dungeon. As others have said, it's not fair to make other players wait longer to do an dungeon because you wanted a different instance and you're not willing to take a penalty to try again.

6. May 10, 2020  

7. May 11, 2020  
    All of you missed 1 important detail.
    " I clicked leave and kindly asked my teammates to kick me".
    He shouldn't be asking for a kick. If he clicked leave and the dungeon didnt port him out, it is not working correctly.

8. May 11, 2020  
    I got a 2 day ban. Honestly I thought that asking for a kick if you join a saved dungeon would make an exception and would not be considered disruption of gameplay. Especially that I only waited like 3 minutes before taking the deserter and the group wasn't even full on the instance in progress (they kicked 2 people before I joined). They were extremely toxic to me and all I asked for was a kick. ONCE. No such thing as "disruption of gameplay". I assume they just screenshotted the part where I said "Can you guys kick me, I want the full dungeon" and the staff took it as disruption of gameplay. They were just toxic players and their only purpose was to get me banned by creating a ticket with no real evidence of gameplay disruption. Deserter it is then, if people are jerks.

9. May 11, 2020  
    Just imagine that these people are so salty, that they go through the effort of making a ticket to ban you with screenshot and everything. Thats like 15 min of wasted time. Just put them on ignore and good riddance.

10. May 11, 2020  
    It's just my fault for choosing to stay there and confront them instead of instantly leaving the moment they started acting toxic and threatening me. Lesson learnt.

PS: I've played on Icecrown (Horde) for 4 years and never dealt with so many toxic players like I did in this month of Frostmourne on the Alliance side. It might seem hard to believe, but it's true.
    Edited: May 11, 2020

11. May 12, 2020  
    Just imagine that these people are so salty, that they go through the effort of making a ticket to ban you with screenshot and everything. Thats like 15 min of wasted time. Just put them on ignore and good riddance.
    bad behaviour has to be punished otherwise tthey will continue doing so.