1. May 12, 2020  

Icecrown scroll of deception drop

I've searched through the forum on information about scroll of deception drops, such as drop rate, where can you get them, etc.

so far I have collected the following information, but would like to have more input from you, as I have never had one drop for me.

Places that drops the scrolls:

Raid - does it have a drop chance at each boss? or only after you down the last boss? when dropped, is it for everyone in the raid? or only some? if you have raid drop scrolls, please post here how did you get it (last boss? a boss in the middle of the raid? did it drop for everyone or just you?).

Arena - I see that it drops from solo queue wins, I assume on icecrown this would drop from 2v2 3v3 and 5v5 wins as well? If you have scroll dropped from arena, please post here and tell me from which bracket.

BGs - a chance for it to drop if you win

Heroic dungeons through RDF - it seems unconfirmed as only a few people said that it dropped for them but cannot be confirmed as accurate information, if you have gotten a scroll from RDF, please post here.

Thanks for posting this so I can collect some information and also use this thread as a future reference for others.

2. May 12, 2020  
    Raids:
    It has a chance to drop as each boss dies. It is individual drop, not for everyone in raid. Level 80 Raid bosses only as far as I know.
    BG's:
    Not so sure, but I think it doesn't matter if win or lose, just a chance to get one when BG is completed.
    Arena:
    Don't think it can drop in Arena, never happened to me
    RDF:
    No, never happened to me.

3. May 12, 2020  
    Raids:
    It has a chance to drop as each boss dies. It is individual drop, not for everyone in raid. Level 80 Raid bosses only as far as I know.
    BG's:
    Not so sure, but I think it doesn't matter if win or lose, just a chance to get one when BG is completed.
    Arena:
    Don't think it can drop in Arena, never happened to me
    RDF:
    No, never happened to me.
    Few corrections to this.
    It drops from arena.
    And it doesn't drop from RDF. Whoever said it does is lying. It was a suggestion from the playerbase but it isn't introduced yet.

4. May 12, 2020  
    Drops from arena 2v2 3v3 soloq wins (didnt try 5v5)
    Drops from BG wins
    And at some point, on blackrock, there was an event in Gurubashi arena every few hours in which if you open the chest you had a chance of getting a scroll. never tried it on icecrown.

5. Every single raid in WotLK drops scrolls? I just wanna be sure about it because I don't wanna farm Naxx, Ulduar, EoE and OS for no reason.

6. I am not sure, but I doubt it, because otherwise people would be farming EoE all day.

7. I am not sure, but I doubt it, because otherwise people would be farming EoE all day.
    Think you've confused a thing or two? Eye of Eternity is 1 boss raid, where you kill Malygos. It has same lockout period as other WotLK raids. Farming 1 boss a week is quite low chance for a scroll of deception to drop. People prefer raids with many bosses like Naxx, Ulduar and ICC to farm their SoD's.

8. thing is the drop chance is lower the easier the bosses are (icc hc), and they don't drop any other op items.. also it takes a while to group up & summ (for eoe you need a key as well)
    Edited: September 6, 2020

9. Think you've confused a thing or two? Eye of Eternity is 1 boss raid, where you kill Malygos. It has same lockout period as other WotLK raids. Farming 1 boss a week is quite low chance for a scroll of deception to drop. People prefer raids with many bosses like Naxx, Ulduar and ICC to farm their SoD's.
    I forgot about the lockout period. Oh, boy.

10. i have the drop on my lvl 19 Twink from BG WG [Scroll of Deception]