1. May 12, 2020  

Is BM at a significant disadvantage?

Hi there, new player, I keep hearing that BM is the worst spec and am curious how big of a difference it really is.

2. May 12, 2020  
    what realm?

Are you talking about PvP or PvE ?

3. May 12, 2020  

4. May 12, 2020  
    Bm is the best spec during the leveling phase but once you hit 80 you should respec to MM. MM scales better with gear so the more your gear improves the weaker BM gonna be compared to MM.

5. May 21, 2020  
    BM is all about pimping your pet, hence its know as the "leveling specc", cause it turns your pet into tank, making you easily able to take on several mobs at once with ease.
    But after you leveled 80, you go MM for maximum dps.

6. May 21, 2020  
    Survival is better for lower GS at 80 as it scales significantly better with Agility than MM, which is what you'll be stacking until pretty much pre-bis, when ARP becomes viable to gem for. But BM doesn't scale nearly as good as either Survival or MM at 80, and as others have said it is a leveling/meme PvP spec.

7. May 29, 2020  
    Heya,
    New player here aswell. I would really love to play bm, pvp and pve. Playing currently on frostmourne. So by ur answers I know, that its the worst hunter specc so far. But how is it damage wise compared to other classes? I don't mind playing the worst specc of hunters, as long as I'm still somewhat competitive regarding other classes. Is this specc like the last place on dmg meters or mediocre when it comes to all classes?

In addition, does Somebody have a guide for me explaining pets, Stats and so on for bm? Couldn't find any yet.

I remember I saw a video back in the days where a bm hunter pet tanked sindragosa, propably due to the much lesser aoe dmg they receive, so I was just curious.

Cheers Incred :)

8. June 5, 2020  
    MM on naxx (so up to 4.5) is THE WORST spec, go for it only if your raid needs +10%ap (provided by enha and blood dk). BM does great, Survi is best.
    MM is a spec utilizing armor penetration, which means it is not viable until you could provide at least 75% of arp. It goes out of mana quickly, further reducing it's dps. Survival, having great DPS, also bring replenishment to the raid. 10k+ aoe dps on every pack of mobs in rhc? chasing warlocks and frost dks in raid? Yes please, that's a survival spec. Didn''t play BM so ain't gonna elaborate on that, although we got one in our raidgroup, dealing dps well above average.
    tha's for frostmourne and early, pre-toc lord/icc.

9. June 5, 2020  
    U should never EVER play MM if u have less than 50% crit(no buffs) and armor penetration.Thats why up to ICC,survival with expl trap glyph is the best aoe spec in the game(higher dps than dk) and a verry decent on single as well.U just keep expl shot and expl trap on cd,and u will do at least 500 more dps than MM.Bm is a leveling spec,sorry(unless the pet is bugged on molten).

10. Leveling: BM > MM > Survival

PvE: Survival > BM > MM -----> up until ~5k gs (until you can get some proper stats and a bit of armor penetration rolling)
    MM > Survival > BM ----> after that point (once you start raiding ToC and ICC)

PvP: MM = BM > Survival
    Both MM and BM are viable, survival falls behind quite hard. If you're doing arenas, BM goes well with a lot of burst+sustain classes, most notably enha shamans.