1. May 13, 2020  

Best Spec for PVE and BIS ITEMS SPEC

Hi guys,

I have 3752 GS and i'm now testing the MM spec in Naxx. I had tried the Spec Surv before but it doesn't convince me very much.

The questions are these:

1) What is the best spec to maximize PVE damage below 4kGS and above 4k?

2) I can't find the BIS Items for the Spec MM and BM, could you help me?

With my Italian guild we end Naxx without problems but I realize that my dps is not high (I am always around the tenth position), I don't understand why given I am very attentive to damage and skills rotation and I don't think I play badly.

I look forward to your reply, thank you :)

2. Considering what I see in Invisus guild, most hunters run MM there. So I guess single target wise even at this Naxx Ivl MM is slightly better that SV. However thats
    mostly because MM has readiness. I would suggest you to use it strait after you fires your entry rotation. That means If its not a specific boss with weak phases
    (like icehowl after he charged against the wall in toc),

Use an opening like:
    MD (prepull)
    > serpent sting -> rapidfire/pet 10% AP howl > chimera shot -> aimed shot -> readiness -> chimera shot -> aimed shot -> 6x steady shot -> chimera -> 2x steady > aimed -> 2x steady and so on with 2x steady between chimera and aimed. Killshot as soon as usable/ready.

Use 2. Rapidfire on your second trinket procs after 45 seconds. Get Addon internal cooldown or TCT or make weakaura to track procs/CD.
    With that opening you should top the damage. Only arcane mages or combat rogues have equal amount of single target burst.

You can try to weave in melee hits/raptor
    striks/explosive trap between your autoshots (not sure if
    useful as MM tho, guess not.)

Position yourself when you use instants is key. Whenever
    you aimed shot / chimera shot, move your character abit
    during GCD in favour of this raid boss mechanics.

What else..?
    Ahh yeah autoshots! Get weakaura or Quartz to track your Swingtimer on autoshots, never move when autoshots is ready. This is like the essential key of dealing
    good dmg as MM: never lose an autoshot.
    Bind Kill Command in aimed shot, chimera shot and
    steady shot.

I personally think that SV can pull slightly ahead if played to its max potential, but when even Homerjay goes MM, i might be wrong on this.

Dont bother with BIS lists, focus on crit/arp or if available, higher ilvl. Having a good range weapon is essential when playing MM so get that kelthuzad gun :p

3. Head Plunderer's Helmet
    Neck Pendant of the Outcast Hero
    Shoul Massive Spaulders of the Jormungar
    Back Ice striker's Cloak
    Chest Polished Regimental Hauberk
    Wrist Interwoven Scale Bracers
    Hand Handgrips of the Savage Emissary
    Waist Vereesa's Silver Chain Belt
    Legs Hollowed Mandible Legplates
    Boot Boots of the Neverending Path
    Ring Hemorrhaging Circle
    Ring Stained-Glass Shard Ring
    Trink Mirror of Truth
    Trink Incisor Fragment
    Weap Runeblade of Demonstrable Power
    Range Drake-Mounted Crossbow
    Proj Blackflight Arrow

This is the gear i was able to get pre-Naxx. I think it's very close to bis although i cannot remember which parts are pre-bis. I was playing SV.