1. May 13, 2020  

Does my offhand need to be expertise capped?

As the title states, Does my offhand need to be expertise capped when I do fury pve? currently I am 26/21. Should I sacrifice some arpen for experise?

Thanks

2. May 13, 2020  
    As the title states, Does my offhand need to be expertise capped when I do fury pve? currently I am 26/21. Should I sacrifice some arpen for experise?

Thanks
    No. In fact Orc bis list has expertise like that.

3. May 13, 2020  
    Thanks sir, appreciating your response.

Can you elaborate on why the offhand expertise doesn't matter? Just want to understand it thoroughly

4. May 13, 2020  
    Thanks sir, appreciating your response.

Can you elaborate on why the offhand expertise doesn't matter? Just want to understand it thoroughly
    It matters, its just that going over the cap on your MH is bigger dps loss.

Our OH does reduced does reduced dmg (even with talents) and auto-attck has lower chance to hit (dual-wielding penalty) and can be glancing blow (24% chance to deal 50% reduced dmg) - none of which affects MH when you use Heroic Strike/Cleave (which should be doing pretty much always). Our OH is responsible for only about 35% of our dmg.

You can either use cca 40 expertise to boost your OH dmg by 3% or 40 arp to to boost all your dmg (including OH) by cca 2%.

5. Whirlwind says Yes, it has to be capped even if 29/26.

6. Whirlwind says Yes, it has to be capped even if 29/26.
    3 expertise loss is less than 1% chance to get your OH to be dodged. 70+% of dmg comes from MH. 3 expertise can be replaced by about 30 str in gems.

You might prefer not getting any dodges, but it is not optimal, especially on any add fight (Cleave). Going with 26/23 expertise and about 30 extra STR instead will get you slightly more dps on average.

That being said dps difference between both setups is extremely small. Feel free to play whichever.

7. Whirlwind says Yes, it has to be capped even if 29/26.
    Whirlwind offhand scales on mainhand expertise for some reason. I am playing with uncapped offhand expertise since nearly a year now and have never seen a whirlwind dodge. the only dmg loss you have is from normal offhand melee swings which is definitely negligable