1. May 13, 2020  

Endgame Gearing

I'm currently at 5.8k GS and debating on what my best path forward is, gear wise.

I have 1039 arpen(74%) and 265(8%) hit rating(wodin neck, icc rep ring, badge trinket).

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

My biggest question is about trinkets:
    Mark of supremacy (over hit cap with it, under hit cap without it)
    Needle of scorpion (over soft arpen cap, quite far under hard cap)

Supremacy/Scorpion/Banner/HWT?

Any other slot upgrade suggestions are more than welcome, can include BoEs as upgrades.
    (Carapiece chest, bonesplitter legs, tier chest, tier legs) - 160 frost badges and 1 icc25 mark to use

edit: I have Sanctified legs but that drops me to 936(67%) arpen
    Edited: May 13, 2020

2. May 15, 2020  
    Gemming ARP at that point is really bad because of how Hunter damage works and how ARP scales. When you start gemming ARP, you must hit ARP cap because of how much agility/crit you give up. You are also using a ton of leather gear which gimps your mana significantly, which is one of the largest DPS decreases for hunters because our mana determines how often we have to dip into Viper, which we want to minimize. You won't be gemming ARP gems until you're able to comfortably hit ARP cap through gems.

Your #1 priority right now is to get relevant mail items, 4pt10 and literally any trinkets besides NES and Mark. They are some of the absolute worst trinkets for Hunter. I recommend Mirror of Truth, WFS, STS, DBW, HWT, Banner - literally anything besides those two. Use the mark on chest and upgrade to 264 immediately. Run VoA10/25 weekly for gloves, keep doing ICC25 for legs from LDW. Bracers from Gunship25. Boots from RS25, belt from Fester25. Neck from Sindra 10/25. Weapons from LK25.

As for stat prioritization at this point, agility and crit are your friends, but agility is still slightly better than raw crit. However, crit is very, very close to agi in weight because of how much Hunters crit for: we have the highest crit modifier in the game, well over 340% with full raid buffs/debuffs. For this reason, in every socket where you're able to get bonus without a blue gem (red/yellow, red/red, yellow, etc) you gem red agility (delicate) and orange agi/crit (deadly) in order to get socket bonus. If you are unable to get socket bonus because of a blue gem (red/blue, yellow/blue, blue, etc), you gem straight 20 agility. The only exception is one blue socket which you will use a nightmare tear in to activate meta, usually in legs or chest, that gives 8 agility bonus.
    Edited: May 15, 2020

3. Hello Frysharry, Thanks for the valuable information here ! I'm a 5.5 MM hunter and as per your suggestions, I replaced my arp gems (with which I didn't even get a proper 650 Arp if I recall) with agi/crit gems. But here again, I'm torn between gemming 20 agi and not getting socket bonus at my neck, shoulder, cape and ashen ring or going for deadly ametrine ( 14 agi with the socket bonus and 10 crit) . Can you enlighten me on this please ?

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary