1. May 18, 2020  

The herb/mining respawn times are breaking the economy

I know there's posts about this, but they're focusing on respawn time and effort (and mostly mining, which doesn't have to do with consumables), and I'm focusing on the economy.

Respawn rates, particularly for herbs, are broken and dramatically affecting the economy. Players who don't no-life this game or already have 10k+ gold to manipulate the AH to profit are essentially unable to attend raids with consumables because it costs anywhere from 1.5k-2k gold PER RAID NIGHT.

Lichbloom right now on Horde AH is 35-40g per item. Goldclover is 17-20g. Adder's Tongue is 20g. Flasks require 5-7 Lichbloom, and potions require 2 Adder's/Lichbloom. Therefore a night of Naxxramas with 15 bosses and 2 potions per kill + 4 flasks will cost you at least 1.5k gold in a single evening.

When farming these nodes, you get *maybe* 1-2 stacks per hour, if you're lucky. That means that in order to farm enough for a full raid night, you need to farm for 3 hours, and that's just to break even.

This is truly becoming an economic crisis on this server, especially due to the high number of farming bots and no-lifers who essentially make casual farming impossible during most hours of the day, regardless of time zone.

Please consider either increasing the respawn rate, or the skew of the distribution of the respawn rate, such that there's a likelihood of a significantly reduced respawn rate, to keep things more stochastic.

2. May 19, 2020  
    Even low level mining / herbing in tbc is a bit screwed now. Fel iron ore / bars now costs the same or higher as mithril.. So good luck leveling professions without buying gold from trade.

3. May 19, 2020  
    The respawn rate for herbs for some reason is ****ed up.It was quite ok a week+ ago,now they totally ruined it.I couldn't even farm 20 adders in a long period of time.Idk the **** they did about it.

4. May 19, 2020  
    The respawn rate for herbs for some reason is ****ed up.It was quite ok a week+ ago,now they totally ruined it.I couldn't even farm 20 adders in a long period of time.Idk the **** they did about it.
    They most likely just added "random timers" on node spawning everywhere with their current node spawns. I seriously hope this dev who wrote it added a minimum timer and a maximum timer. Also it seems they added a max count per zone, how many can spawn for each herb/mining node per zone.

5. May 19, 2020  
    This.. so much..

What would be the harm in cranking up the rate? Everyone gets cheap pots? How is that bad?

Making such a vital part of the endgame play this scarce is same as just randomly cranking up gear repair cost by 100x.. no benefit and just harms endgame play.

If you are ok cranking rep gains.. cranking herb respawning is similar and should also be done

6. May 19, 2020  
    You kinda sorta fixed the mining problem, it seems better to farm saronite for sure even if you have to 1v3 over each node but the herbalism now seems broken. I couldn't even find 10 adders tongue for my northern alchemy research in 1 hour of farming... other herbs are hard to find too even the goldclovers.

7. May 19, 2020  
    When farming these nodes, you get *maybe* 1-2 stacks per hour, if you're lucky. That means that in order to farm enough for a full raid night, you need to farm for 3 hours, and that's just to break even.
    So what you are saying is your issue is that you need to play this game 7 hours per week, 3 farming and 4 raiding and that even if you do you won't have the same returns as someone who spends double that per day? I think if you are unable to commit that amount of time to this game I don't think WoW is for you, let alone a boosted server with 2 weekly lockouts.

8. May 19, 2020  
    This.. so much..

What would be the harm in cranking up the rate? Everyone gets cheap pots? How is that bad?

Well, to sum up: The respawn rates are not ruining the economy, the economy is already 100% ruined. People who bothered to put in some research have already made their money by abusing the living jesus out of this situation, myself included. This has been the case since about day 3 of server launch with zero intervention. By cranking up the rates, the market will be quickly over-saturated with ore/herbs and they will cost next to nothing, which will put the final nail in the coffin. At this point, it won't bother majority of players, but do be careful what you wish for as you may end up with bags full of mats that cost close to nothing.

So here's where the controversy begins: Please read this with a grain of salt and re-read if you get super triggered. In my opinion, the respawn rates of ore specifically are completely fine. However, there are several factors that are contributing to the feeling of not getting the most bang for your buck. Here they are:

1. Server population. The realm is at about 2x population when compared to a regular server. With the increased experience rates, majority of these players become your direct competition very quickly.

2. Zero downtime. On a region dedicated server, you can simply farm in the middle of the night to avoid peak hours. This is not the case on Warmane. There is a thriving community for almost all major time zones, allowing for zero downtime.

3. Hitting shiny rock is easy mode. Mining and other gathering professions are the catch all to make some easy cash/level a desired profession. It requires zero investment and is a complete auto-pilot money maker. Now imagine how many aspiring gatherers we get each day when they see the price of saronite on AH.

4. Knowledge is power. People do not do the research, simple as. This is the second or third thread of similar nature and yet people still resort to making these. There is a reason these topics don't garner nearly as much attention or community outcry - it doesn't bother everyone equally. Keep reading and all will be explained.

So, now to the cooling off section of this already oversized rant.

Believe it or not, there is a very elegant way to make your gathering experience more efficient, quick and enjoyable. It is as simple as getting 2 addons.

ADDON 1: GatherMate2 : https://www.gnarlyguides.com/wotlk/addons/gathermate2/

Very simple. Download and install. Regardless of version it will show nodes that are in impossible places. Such as "fatigue" zones and on very high peaks. Simply right click them on the map and delete. Make sure each zone you plan to farm in is "clean" and all unwanted nodes are deleted before proceeding to Addon 2.

ADDON 2: Routes : https://www.dkpminus.com/wow/addons/routes/

This is the cornerstone of gathering. This will make a hyper efficient route for you to fly over actual spawn points as oppsoed to wandering around mindlessly. It can be a little difficult to set up at first, but after doing it once it becomes easymode. For reference, check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfx5G8pqdQ

Does it work?! Yes, it does. In saronite/titanium zones I was getting around 8-13 combined stacks of ore per hour, amount of titanium varies of course. In cobalt zones you can get 15 - 20 stacks per hour. Despite the zero downtime comment above, EU night tight time is where you will see the higher numbers. If memory serves correctly, that is afaik the amount I was getting on retail when WotLK just hit.

Try it for about 15-20 hours and see for yourself. Not all at once though, I don't wanna be responsible for your death irl :D

Tips and Tricks:

1. Keep flying the route. This is on the nose, but don't give up if you find nothing for a few minutes. Persistence is key.

2. Learn to alternate. Sometimes you will come across players literally flying in the same pattern as you. When this happens, you can try cutting the route and going the opposite direction.

3. Don't fly too high above nodes. While nodes spawn, you can outrange them, especially in Icecrown/Storm Peaks. You will also notice sometimes flying past a spawn point only for the node to appear right behind you. Be weary, happens a lot.

4. Use your big glowy brain. Do not track the spawn timers and don't get any addons that do. It will always be better to fly than to stay in one place and camp. With experience you will also notice where nodes spawn more often and places where they seemingly never spawn at all.

This should be all you need to get going. Tried and tested method, 10/10 would gather again. Enjoy and have fun with the competition. It's all a game in the end.

9. May 19, 2020  
    Guy just said 8-13 stacks of saronite per hour...

What server are you playing on?

10. May 19, 2020  
    Guy just said 8-13 stacks of saronite per hour...

What server are you playing on?
    Frostmourne, babe. We're in the server forum section :P

11. May 20, 2020  
    So what you are saying is your issue is that you need to play this game 7 hours per week, 3 farming and 4 raiding and that even if you do you won't have the same returns as someone who spends double that per day? I think if you are unable to commit that amount of time to this game I don't think WoW is for you, let alone a boosted server with 2 weekly lockouts.

What I am saying is that when I raid 3-4 times per week and expect to be pre-potting (So 2 potions (120g) per fight) plus 4 flasks per raid night, it gets absurd.

Instead of being a prick, maybe realize that there are people who actually raid 25 man at a higher level with guilds that push for PvE points. We're in the top 10 guilds on the leaderboard, with multiple boss kill records. We do this by prepotting and min-maxing every encounter.

It sounds like you only raid 4 hours a week which means you do, what, Naxx 10 once a week? Maybe Hello Kitty Island Adventurer is more your speed...

12. May 20, 2020  
    ... I was getting around 8-13 combined stacks of ore per hour...
    Fantastic, but this thread is primarily about Herbalism. Maybe reread it if this triggers you.
    Edited: May 20, 2020

13. May 20, 2020  
    Behold: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=418295

Same ****, different shovel. Replace "ore" for "herb" and the logic will still hold 100%. This was just the latest thread so I responded to this one instead.

Also, there are much better ways to get raid ready than simply farming all your consumables if that is so difficult for you. Maybe instead of patronizing players on the forums for not living up to your 3-4 day "hardcore" standard you should do some thinking.

14. May 20, 2020  
    Behold: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=418295

Same ****, different shovel. Replace "ore" for "herb" and the logic will still hold 100%. This was just the latest thread so I responded to this one instead.

Also, there are much better ways to get raid ready than simply farming all your consumables if that is so difficult for you. Maybe instead of patronizing players on the forums for not living up to your 3-4 day "hardcore" standard you should do some thinking.
    You're the twat who showed up with a **** attitude, I'm just reciprocating. The problem is there, it is widely acknowledged, the fix is needed. End of discussion.

15. May 20, 2020  
    Every zone level 1-80 is full of people leveling their herbs. I counted 8 level 80s (just on Horde side via /who) in Arathi, 6 in Hinterlands, 10 in Feralas, countless in Barrens, Hellfire, etc. It's so absurd that everyone is leveling alts to gather their own, further exacerbating the problem.

Global is riddled with complaints about herbs. The entire guild (and the guilds of several of our alts) all complain about the lack of herbs.

I really congratulate you for being able to farm 8-13 stacks of ore, but there exists an overwhelming amount of evidence regarding this issue. Your personal experience is outweighed by the resounding complaints across all channels and guilds.

This is a crisis.
    Edited: May 20, 2020

12 Last