1. May 18, 2020  

Enh Shammy weapon choice

Hey guys, currently playing on Frostmourne realm.

At the moment I'm using the 2 axes from Sons of Hodir rep. Just dropped the Fleshripper (dagger) from Halls of Stone.

Was just wondering if I should use the dagger over one axe, considering I still need the hit rating the dagger would give me. I know you'd want slower weapons optimally but I'm only at 195 hit rating (5.95% extra chance to hit).

Thanks in advance!

2. May 19, 2020  
    Hey there,

I'd stick with the Sons of Hodir axes and shuffle around your gear and gems to get hit rating. Slow weapon > fast weapon always.
    Remember you get 6% hit rating from your enh passive while dual wielding so you are already above melee hit cap with 11.95% (5.95% + 6%)

So yeah, keep the hodir weps, and shoot for 26/26 expertise and 341 hit rating for spell hit cap (if ally) as your next steps.

3. May 19, 2020  
    I'd still need to get to 17% spell hit for Maelstrom weapon, so was wondering, but thanks!

4. May 19, 2020  
    Asssuming you play on icecrown/lordaeron : Keep the sons of hodir weapon as it's technically better than that 200 dagger. You'll get your hit & exp caps via other items and you'll be sorry to lose weapon damage.

Assuming you play on frostmourne naxxramas patch: get the dagger, as you won't realistically reach your hit and exp caps before you get naxxramas gear, and those caps are more important than weapon damage at this stage. Keep doing OS10 every reset and violet hold daily in the hope of dropping a good 2.6 weapon to start doing serious damage.

source: played enha on all those servers

5. May 19, 2020  
    I did specify I play on Frostmourne, so thanks! I managed to get Greed from CoS and Pride from tokens. Pride has the hit rating, but I'm still missing some. Would you use the dagger over Greed?

6. May 19, 2020  
    Unless you're in dire need of hit, I'd say use Greed since it's purple upgrade + right speed. If you ever get your hands on https://wotlk.evowow.com/?item=37871 or https://wotlk.evowow.com/?item=40429 though, you should take them over greed 100%

Honestly on Naxx patch, the hardest part about enhance is getting to the exp/hit cap and then trying to maintain a decent bit of crit (for elemental devastation).
    Getting you T7s will greatly help

To give you some reference, I'm close to 4.2gs, have 341 hit, 27 expertise (need to change a gem to get 26), and I'm still 12-15% under crit cap during bosses, and only managed 280 haste. I'm JC/engi which helps round up the edges though.

7. May 19, 2020  
    Aight thanks. What's your dps, if I may know? I think I'm somewhere at 3.3k~ against the raiding dummy.

Also, what's your opinion on double Windfury instead of Windfury Flametongue? Was just wondering how that setup compares.

Thanks for everything so far in any case!

8. May 19, 2020  
    I didn't really test on dummies so idk
    In 25 man raid (assuming all buffs, pot, flask etc) I can pull up to 7k-7k3 DPS on a straightforward boss, but most often 6k-6.5k

I'm usually running WF/FT , but recently I tried double FT with FT glyph, and I've performed roughly the same so it might be an option, especially if your weapons are low-tier compared to rest of your gear (since WF is based on weapon damage, it can be quite underwhelming with low weapons, while FT damage is only based on attackpower/spellpower).

Be careful though, double FT means more trouble to get your mana back up when you use shamanistic rage (because you don't get extra autoattacks) so you might want to avoid it if you still have mana issues.

Never ever go for double WF, if your offhand procs WF, it will do less damage and will trigger the WF internal CD, which means your MH won't be able to proc WF for the next 3 seconds. it's actually detrimental to your DPS!
    If you see guides telling you to go double WF, ignore them, they're old and back in the day, the internal CD wasn't properly implemented, which caused double WF to be actually quite good. Nowadays it's fixed
    Edited: May 19, 2020

9. May 19, 2020  
    WF on MH and Flametongue on OH always. Double windfury is ineffective because they both share an internal cooldown (I believe). Also, you don't need to hit 17% spell hit, you can aim for 14% (13% ally) since you are most likely to have a druid or spriest in your raid. Also, Fist of the Deity is a good MH wep from Gun'Drak you can aim to get, while doing Stratholme for the Greed MH fist. Buy Pride OH with badges asap.

10. May 19, 2020  
    Aight, didn't know Windfury had an internal cooldown.

BTW, is the 13% hit on tooltip or? Considering I get 6% from just talents.

Also should I gem for hit even if wrong color gems?

11. May 19, 2020  
    I don't remember what the tooltip looks like, but you should be aiming for 341 hit if you're ally, and 368 hit if you're horde.
    And yes gem the wrong color if needed, the socket bonuses are mostly terrible on Naxx gear so you can ignore them 99% of time

12. May 19, 2020  
    Thanks!

Also, one question about the "rotation". Correct me if I'm wrong (and I probably am), from my feeling I think it's just a priority list more than anything?

Like I usually do:
    Maelstrom Proc -> Flame Shock DoT -> Storm Strike -> Earth Shock -> Lava Lash

as my priority list. Anything I should do different?

13. May 19, 2020  
    the priority list is mostly right, but you should add refresh magma totem, refresh lightning shield and fire nova in there
    something like

Maelstrom Proc -> Storm Strike (in this patch Storm Strike gives you 60 haste with the 213 totem so it's ultra good and need to be refreshed on CD) -> Flame Shock DoT -> Magma Totem if expired -> Earth Shock -> Lightning shield if expired -> Fire Nova -> Lava lash

Honestly if you:
    -Use Maestrom x5 quite swiftly
    -Use SS on cooldown
    -Refresh FS
    -Keep magma totem and lightning shield on you

Then you've done 75% of the work, the rest is optimizaton.
    The priority list can also vary depending on your playstyle. Since I have invested points in improved shields, have shields damage bonus with T7 and have glyph of lightning shield, I put it higher on the priority list than Earth shock for example.

Not taking the improv shields spec and instead focusing on using as many earth shocks between flame shocks as you can is also a viable option., or for example prioritizing AOE damage with fire nova glyph/talents.
    Another example: if I use double FT, I put a little more prio on Lava lash than usual, because it helps me fill up the maelstrom bar to cast more heavy hitting spells

Juste make sure your prio list "follows" your talents/glyph choice and it should be fine.

14. May 19, 2020  
    My build is a 16/55/0 I found by googling it lmao. Usind Windfury, Stormstrike and Feral Spirit Glyphs.

I am refreshing Lightning Shield during any kind of downtime, though I've had some since I haven't been using Magma Totem and Fire Nova... Kinda forgot about those, not gonna lie.

15. May 19, 2020  
    windfury, stormstrike, and feral spirit glpyh is the standard glyph set
    it's versaltile and usable in all situations, that's good

12 Last