1. May 20, 2020  

The Meaning Of This Realm PvP Gear Wise

Hey!
    I am wondering about the PvP aspect, especially about earning the PvP Gear in this realm. I am not going to be 100% with the numbers, but You will get the point after You have read my message.
    You get 2x arena point flushes per week ( which are like 253 points per flush, atleast on 0 rating ). That means You can get 8x flushes in a month, which equals to about 2k arena points. The servers PvP gear is going to be updated to a higher tier PvP gear after every 3 months. Therefore You have chance to get 24 arena point flushes ( of course, You will get more points per flush when You get higher rating, but the arena point increase per rating is not that significant ) = 24x253 = 6072.
    That means You can get around 6100 arena points per "Season", which equals to pretty much 3 "BiS" PvP main set pieces or pretty much a BiS PvP Weapon and 1-2 PvP main set pieces.

My question is, what is the point of doing the server like that, that it changes seasons / updates so quickly, that You actually don´t have the chance to even get the BiS possible set to PvP with not mentioned to even enjoy PvP-ing in a good gear at all before it all changes to a better version of gear coming achievable to the game.

I was really hyped when my friend mentioned that the each "Phase" of the game lasts for a year before it updates, but once I read about it is going to last for a year total and it updates after every 3 months it makes no sense to me...

Hopefully You get what I mean and we are going to have a nice discussion under this topic.

2. May 20, 2020  
    No, I don't get what you mean and I don't get your point.

During Wrath (with single lockouts/flushes) there were;
    Six months of T7
    Four months of T8
    Four months of T9
    Ten months of T10

On this server (with double lockouts/flushes) there will be;
    Three months of T7
    Three months of T8
    Three months of T9
    Three months of T10

Now let's turn those into single lockouts/flushes...Equates to SIX MONTHS of EACH tier. You're getting the same time in T7, and MORE time in T8, T9, and less time in T10.

What's the problem again?

Edit: Retail time for T10 fixed.
    Edited: May 21, 2020

3. May 21, 2020  
    No, You are wrong. I am not getting the same amount of time.
    The whole realm lasts for 12 months, back in the days in retail wotlk gears lasted for 23 months before changing to better ones.
    Although our flushes are doubled, the time to ”play” the game is still limited and cut into half.
    People in retail actually had the time to get bis gears. I remember famous youtubers and streamers having different sets of items and weapons to try and play witv.

4. May 21, 2020  
    The math is correct, but is way too conditional.

You assume that you will get 253 points each flush for 24 resets. This will put you on 6072 arena points gained. The flaw in this is that you get these points at 1450 rating in 2v2. This is extremely low rating and can be achieved easily even by novice pvp players without much effort.

You will get more points per flush when You get higher rating, but the arena point increase per rating is not that significant )

This right here is the biggest understatement. The point difference for achieving higher rating is very significant. As you progress you get more points than you can actually use in an arena season, even with the deceptively short seasons like we have on Frostmourne. You mentioned getting full gear including weapons and therefore I will assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that you are not a new player to WotLK pvp. To get full season "BiS" you need 2050 rating (shoulders). If you manage to push for that and retain it week by week here's what you will be getting:

1 reset on 2050 rating = 849 arena points.
    849 x 24 = 20376 arena points.

Let's say you want full gear, but maybe a bit rusty in arena and can't maintain 2050 consistently. In this case you will progress gradually give it one big push to get to 2050 only one week. But throughout you are constantly trailing on 1800 rating. Here's what you will be getting.

1 reset on 1800 rating = 578 points.
    578 x 24 = 13872 arena points.

Here's a breakdown of all your "BiS" main pieces from the current deadly arena season:

Helm: 2250 AP + 1990 rating
    Chest: 2250 AP + 1870 rating
    Pants: 2250 AP + 1810 rating
    Shoulders: 1750 AP + 2050 rating
    Gloves: 1350 AP + 1750 rating
    Weapon 2H: 4500 AP + 1930 rating
    Weapon 1H: 3150 AP + 1930 rating
    Shield: 2250 AP + 1930 rating
    Libram, totem, sigil, thrown: 1200 AP + 1930 rating

TOTAL COST: 17350 arena points (calculated for 2x 1-handed weapons as this is the highest cost)

You can achieve this by trailing all season on 1925 rating and pushing for higher rating only when you need to buy the more rating expensive pieces. In my opinion it's fair to assume you will be able to stay at 1800 rating quite easily with a semi-decent comp and a 50% win rate. Practice a lot and you will be fully geared mid-season. Also don't forget VoA exists and drops 3/5 deadly pieces which knocks off a huge chunk of the arena point requirement.

Sources for AP calculations:

http://www.arenapointscalculator.com/
    http://wowa.arredemo.org/arena_calculator.html?i=1

You could also get the addon in game, but I find it to be not as accurate. It wasn't ported for WotLK, but still works:

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...alculator.html

5. May 21, 2020  
    No, You are wrong. I am not getting the same amount of time.
    The whole realm lasts for 12 months, back in the days in retail wotlk gears lasted for 23 months before changing to better ones.
    Although our flushes are doubled, the time to ”play” the game is still limited and cut into half.
    People in retail actually had the time to get bis gears. I remember famous youtubers and streamers having different sets of items and weapons to try and play witv.
    No, I am not wrong. Well there was one mistake in what I wrote - I don't know what I was thinking, 3.3 was out for 10 months, not four, before Cata came out - meaning we get four less months worth of lockouts/flushes in T10. However, in the sense of actual time, yeah of course three months is less than four (for T8 and T9), but you were doing your calculations based off of LOCKOUT/FLUSHES so that's what I did my argument based on. You are getting more LOCKOUTS/FLUSHES which will get you more arena points than in retail, which you can't really argue.

...back in the days in retail wotlk gears lasted for 23 months before changing to better ones...
    What are you trying to say here? Because I know you aren't trying to say WotLK gear lasted for 23 months, I just told you how long each tier lasted, and I know you didn't mean 2-3 because that would negate your point. Seems like you must be confused and are complaining about something that didn't exist.

In short, the seasons aren't coming out faster than on retail, in fact T9 and T10 are coming out slower than in retail.

Edit: Typo
    Edited: May 21, 2020

6. May 21, 2020  
    Are you forgetting that VoA exists?