1. May 22, 2020  

Assassination AoE Rotation

I haven't found much in guides about the rotation for assassination rogue in AoE scenarios.

Obviously we spam Fan of Knives (FoK), but I am not sure if it's worth keepping up Slice and Dice (SnD) as well to get more autos off for more melee crits and thus more energy from Focused Attacks. Also I know we want to keep Hunger for Blood (HFB) up if we have another class that has bleeds, but if not is it worth losing 3 GCDs to cast Mutilate > Rupture > HFB when those could have been used on Fan of Knives?

So basically is the rotation:

1. FoK > FoK > FoK > FoK....

2. Mutilate > Rupture > HFB > FoK > FoK > FoK > FoK.... > refresh HFB as necessary

3. Mutilate > SnD > FoK > FoK > FoK > FoK.... Mut/Envenom to keep SnD up as necessary

4. Mutilate > Rupture > HFB > Mutilate > SnD > FoK > FoK > FoK > FoK.... refresh HFB as necessary > Mut/Envenom to keep SnD up as necessary

5. Something else im not considering?

2. May 22, 2020  
    I haven't found much in guides about the rotation for assassination rogue in AoE scenarios.

Obviously we spam Fan of Knives (FoK), but I am not sure if it's worth keepping up Slice and Dice (SnD) as well to get more autos off for more melee crits and thus more energy from Focused Attacks. Also I know we want to keep Hunger for Blood (HFB) up if we have another class that has bleeds, but if not is it worth losing 3 GCDs to cast Mutilate > Rupture > HFB when those could have been used on Fan of Knives?

So basically is the rotation:

1. FoK > FoK > FoK > FoK....

2. Mutilate > Rupture > HFB > FoK > FoK > FoK > FoK.... > refresh HFB as necessary

3. Mutilate > SnD > FoK > FoK > FoK > FoK.... Mut/Envenom to keep SnD up as necessary

4. Mutilate > Rupture > HFB > Mutilate > SnD > FoK > FoK > FoK > FoK.... refresh HFB as necessary > Mut/Envenom to keep SnD up as necessary

5. Something else im not considering?
    The key to assassination is to dps boss only, if you aoe you prob do less damage than single target.. Unless there's like 10+ ads then fok

3. May 24, 2020  

4. May 25, 2020  
    Rotation 3. But situational. I would say for the most part, especially if it's just dungeons, you'll most likely be cloaked for Overkill, so open with garrote (you could slide in HFB if it's gonna be a bit longer) > SnD > FoK spam. It's definitely worth keeping SnD up at all times regardless of aoe or single target fighting. If you're talking about raids, normally youre going to have your SnD/HFB already up from DPSing boss so if youre required to switch for Aoe you'll have those buffs up, just spam FoK and make sure you maintain SnD.

That's my opinion. Always have SnD up as rogue, no matter if you're assassin or combat.

Refer to these guides: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=360782
    And: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=274665

5. May 25, 2020  
    SnD up > HfB up > FoK spam if 4+ targets glyphed/5+ with no glyph

6. May 26, 2020  
    I would beg to differ that the target amount is 3+ regardless of FoK glyph, considering dungeons. Similarly for raids, since I can't really think of a fight besides LK that you're required as a rogue to focus AoE.. and that would be valks, which you would likely not aoe as assassin and just focus one at a time. So.. yeah 3+ imo. As stated from both parties, always have SnD up, and HFB up ideally if possible or permissible.

7. July 3, 2020  
    I noticed nobody has said this, but what I do that seems to work well is this:

Anticipating adds, Mut x2, wait for 100 energy, Envenom (increases poison application of FoK), then FoK spam. FoK will apply poisons with 75% increased frequency. Super worth for 5 or more targets.

IDK, I am a little new, but it seems to work for me.

8. I noticed nobody has said this, but what I do that seems to work well is this:

Anticipating adds, Mut x2, wait for 100 energy, Envenom (increases poison application of FoK), then FoK spam. FoK will apply poisons with 75% increased frequency. Super worth for 5 or more targets.

IDK, I am a little new, but it seems to work for me.
    Wasn't even considering that, will give it a shot and see how it works out for me.

9. Depends in how long the adds actually live. The longer they live the more worth it is to single target them one by one.

Try:

1. Muti > wait for energy > envenom > fok > fok - repeat If still alive

2. Muti > wait for energy > envenom > swap to another target, stack up to 5dp - repeat

Its worth to mention that 3cp envenoms are just fine, even 2 cp if the target will die soon. Its much better to have the envenom buff up when swapping targets.

10. As Assassination you will need to AoE on 2 places in ICC ... Sindragosa's Adds that are on her platform and the gauntlet before her. That's it ... Not hitting the main target is a DPS lose for Assassination rogue. Asasins are one of the worst specs when it comes to changing targets and chasing targets ... you always end up with lost DPS somewhere on the road. Just hit the boss and you will be fine.