1. May 23, 2020  

Question about ninja rules

Hello, I just want to know for future ToCs and similar raids, I've seen people do this a million times and I am not sure if I should also do it, in my opinion it's not ninja but I can't find a specific rule about it.
    Trophies from ToC, people always need on them and end up selling them for 400-500g to someone in the raid, is it against the rules to do that? Also what if you need on it because you could use an upgrade but after checking that the upgrade isn't very valuable you decide selling it is a better option? Just want to clear some confusions in case I happen to be a raid leader some time or similar, thanks.

2. May 23, 2020  
    Pressing need on them just to sell them is clearly ninja looting (unless loot rules at the beginning of the raid state otherwise). Even if initially your intention was to use it, you might get banned if you try to sell it afterwards. If someone whispers you and asks to buy it, that makes it less visible but if someone found out, they could still report you since technically you pressed need, won an item and then sold it.

3. May 23, 2020  
    Hello, I wanna leave here (i'm sorry if this is not the correct way to do it) a proof of a ninja looter in dungeon, and I hope someone will take action.
    Proof: https://imgur.com/a/2ATb6rr

LE: Ok, Thanks anyone0 for the update!
    Edited: May 23, 2020

4. May 23, 2020  
    Hello, I wanna leave here (i'm sorry if this is not the correct way to do it) a proof of a ninja looter in dungeon, and I hope someone will take action.
    That's not how it works. You have to report it by making a support ticket in game. You can find more information about reporting players here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325598

5. May 23, 2020  
    Trophies from ToC, people always need on them and end up selling them for 400-500g to someone in the raid, is it against the rules to do that? Also what if you need on it because you could use an upgrade but after checking that the upgrade isn't very valuable you decide selling it is a better option? Just want to clear some confusions in case I happen to be a raid leader some time or similar, thanks.
    In that case, you should pass it to next player.
    We can take the basic rule of RDF looting and apply it here as a general rule, raid specific rules overwrites it however. Need for MS. If you don't need it for MS, you greed/OS roll it. OS roll still isn't greed roll, so you can't roll OS in hopes to sell it.

The way I see it, you're not allowed to roll need on an item just to sell it for other rollers. If you needed, you have two options: use it, or pass it to second in line if you think it's not good/worth it in the end.
    If somebody ever screenshots you offering to sell it after winning the item with need roll, it's very likely you get ninja banned if a valid report is made.
    If somebody offers to buy the item, I think it's up to you, if you wish to sell or keep it. Think it's a gray area here, but I'd recommend just keeping the item.

6. May 23, 2020  
    Thanks for the replies, the thing that encourages people to always need and sell is probably because there are no specific rules set from the raid leader, for example MS>OS is obvious enough, but when its time to roll for trophy, raid leader just says roll [Trophy of the Crusade], so it's not obvious if you can roll it either way or only if you need it for gear, taking into account that you can't even check what you can get with the Trophy after the raid is over.
    The passing onto the next roller instead of selling it is very fair, however if the leader just says roll [Trophy of the Crusade] without specifying that only people that need the gear are allowed to roll is that still ninja? I am asking stupid questions and I apologise but every ToC I've been into this happens and nobody complains, the raid leader sees that the guy who needed it just sells it but doesn't complain, I also asked afterwards and was told that it's not ninja if the raid leader didn't specify that it's only for people who truly need the gear..

7. May 23, 2020  
    With those Trophies problem is that even people who "need" it will not use it, instead they will buy 2 x 232ilvl set pieces for those EoT's and not waste time. They pretend they need it to maximize chances and they just vendor it(or sell to other people for 500g before they realize whats up and later vendor it themselves losing 450g). I have seen maybe 5 people in last 5 years with 245ilvl T9 part(probably got it in VoA25 imo)

My observation is that in every raid everyone treats them as loose 50g.

8. May 23, 2020  
    My observation is that in every raid everyone treats them as loose 50g.
    No wonder, considering PuG ToC25 GS requirement of 5.5K (sometimes same for normal 10man), for a content for 5.2K GS players.

Even if it's not mentioned, I still go with MS > OS for the trophies, and inspect who won. As with any item that is rolled, you never know if they actually end up using it.