1. May 24, 2020  

Crossrealm and lowgear battlegrounds

Hello!

TL;DR:
    Isn't it possible to give new players on Icecrown and Lordaeron a chance to farm honor for their entire gear (for example: increase their honor cap so they can buy everything at once) instead of forcing them to get farmed in higher geared battlegrounds?

non-TL;DR version:
    I realized that a lot of low-geared players are getting thrown into high-geared battlegrounds lately, which is why I took a look at the devlog:

"There are certain limitations on gear to keep an even playing field. Any player which has progressed past the current Frostmourne status, will NOT be placed in this bracket. This includes gear in bags, bank, and so on."

I won't be unreasonable and ask for a third bracket in battlegrounds or anything, but can't you at least increase the honor cap by.. like, a lot? If I understand what's written in the devlog correctly, doesn't that mean that every low-geared player gets thrown into the high-geared battlegrounds the moment he/she buys a season 6+ item? With a cap of 75.000 honor, you can at most save up for 2 items, right? One or two items don't change anything about the fact that they are going to get stomped in the higher geared battlegrounds. Not to mention, the higher geared players aren't usually happy to see low-geared players around either. It just incites flame-wars before the battle even starts.

Edit: So, by increasing the honor cap, wouldn't it be possible to stay in the low-geared bracket until you have enough honor to buy everything (full furious set and wrathful/relentless off-set) at once? Server-economy wise, I don't see a problem either, since it doesn't seem to matter whether players are storing gems or honor.

Oh, yes: Before people are going to accuse me of "wanting to get gear easily", I am already geared myself. I just can't imagine that trying to gear a new character on Icecrown or Lordaeron through PvP is fun at the moment.

Greetings
    Edited: May 24, 2020

2. May 24, 2020  
    Increasing the honor cap will effectively do absolutely nothing since the process of obtaining honor doesn't change by doing so. I.E. you don't get honor faster, you can just hold more honor, which is the same as parking your character next to the gear vendor and buying the piece whenever you get enough honor to get it. Having 75,000 honor, 150,000 honor or 450,000 honor will not change the pace you obtain honor and thus, your gear. Also I believe the honor cap is set in the client rather than on the server.

3. May 24, 2020  
    Increasing the honor cap will effectively do absolutely nothing since the process of obtaining honor doesn't change by doing so. I.E. you don't get honor faster, you can just hold more honor, which is the same as parking your character next to the gear vendor and buying the piece whenever you get enough honor to get it. Having 75,000 honor, 150,000 honor or 450,000 honor will not change the pace you obtain honor and thus, your gear. Also I believe the honor cap is set in the client rather than on the server.
    I think he's aiming at being in low gear bracket farming honor until he's ready to buy a lot of gear all at once so he doesn't get farmed in higher one since the moment you buy a piece that's greater than 213 ilvl or whatnot you get put into higher gear bracket. Expanding on the honor cap would let him fight in the low gear bracket with **** gear he currently has until he's ready to buy all the 16 (or whatever) pieces of PvP gear at once to move into higher bracket on a somewhat even playing field.

4. May 24, 2020  
    I'm sorry, it seems like I wasn't very clear about it.

Thorbjorn is right, the idea was to be able to farm enough honor for your entire gear without having to leave the low-geared bracket.

5. May 24, 2020  
    Ah, in that case it's a different story. Although I still do not think they will agreed to something that requires a client-side change. Maybe instead they can make the bracket only read your equipped / inventory gear and they should disable the use of Jeeve's Bank function once inside a battleground for engineers. Otherwise the only way you can get all gear at the same time is if you have a lot of wintergrasp / arena tokens to spare...

6. May 25, 2020  
    To be honest, I don't know much about programming related stuff. I thought they'd only have to change a few numbers to make this work.

As for disabling Jeeves and only scanning through the currently equipped gear and the inventory, doesn't that still give players a lot of opportunities to exploit the battleground system? Like for example farming season 6/ulduar gear ahead of time and joining their battlegrounds the moment ulduar and season 6 items become available on frostmourne? Though I guess that's possible right now, too. You'd just have to create a new character and gear it accordingly.

7. May 25, 2020  
    To be honest, I don't know much about programming related stuff. I thought they'd only have to change a few numbers to make this work.

As for disabling Jeeves and only scanning through the currently equipped gear and the inventory, doesn't that still give players a lot of opportunities to exploit the battleground system? Like for example farming season 6/ulduar gear ahead of time and joining their battlegrounds the moment ulduar and season 6 items become available on frostmourne? Though I guess that's possible right now, too. You'd just have to create a new character and gear it accordingly.
    That could be done at the moment too and hey, listen, people will find a way to exploit any system anyways. This way, the opportunity to exploit said system will be there for the shortest time. Minimal damage done.