1. May 24, 2020  

New to warmane. Glad to leave

Hello,

My experience with warmane in 1 month of gaming here was really nice
    I actually like the community people are nice and the server is quite decent.
    Managed to grow a pala prot 4.5 GS and ret 4.7 GS and I was getting close to unlocking 1k achievement points in order to vote.

.... This was my opinion until .... well.... Stupid had to happen:

You ban people for rolling on blue items in dungeon although they play by the books (I ASKED IN PARTY IF IT IS OK TO ROLL AND THEY SAID YES)

1 Month wasted. I get punished for nothing. . . . . (Besides you have deleted my first 2 post where I ask for an explanation on why I was banned)

Overall experience with Warmane? Disappointing. I was really hoping the GM=s would possess more Common Sense

Situation:
    I pala protection, with off spec Ret. I also got spareHoly gear in bank.
    I queue RDF and get this party to (Halls of Stone)
    Party:
    Me (pala prot)
    Healer (paladin 6k+GS)
    Some other people

Last boss drops this item
    Forge Ember Ilvl 165
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=37660/f...ber&bonus=4123

I play by the books. I know that I have retribution offspec and I only have holy gear in bank. Because I don't want to be wrongly accused of NINJA I do the following.
    I ask in party if I can roll for offspec. People agree and I roll

After around 15 mins that holy paladin 6k+ GS starts accusing me of lying and that I ninja the item.
    I tell the guy "If he needs the item I will gladly trade it with him" also I tell him that I have holy gear in bank.
    The guy becomes adamant and starts judging me. It was around 3AM, I was tired, I actually didn't want to deal with someone in an online game for a low level item.
    Because he started to harass me, I tell him to F off and Ignore him (You can mute me for offensive language. I did do that)

Today I log in and I am banned 5 days for taking this item
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=37660/f...ber&bonus=4123

I ASKED FOR PERMISSION TO ROLL

Please investigate and look at the chat logs. I didn't show any intention to ninja that item.

I have 1 MO since I am playing on this srvr and I am casually gaming and get banned because a Hardcore 6k GS pala holy thinks I NINJA a stupid BLUE ITEM !!!!
    What does he do with it? sell it to vendor? At least I am using the item.

IT WAS UNINTENTIONAL< MY goal was not to NINJA that ITEM>
    Please view the other side of story too..... WHY Would I NINJA a blue ITEM when I have 50+ badges to buy a trinket. It was just a spare item that people would sell or disenchant

2. May 24, 2020  
    Hey there!

If the entire group was fine with you needing on that item, you shouldn't have received a ban. Probably someone didn't agree with you getting that item, took a screenshot and reported you. You don't get banned without any evidence. Maybe it wasn't even the Paladin who reported you but someone else in the Party. Like you said, it was 3am in the night and you've been tired.

I personally started taking screenshots myself whenever I roll on items that are not for the spec I'm running the dungeon with. Because even if people give their O.K, it's always possible that someone isn't, takes a screenshot without the chat showing that people gave their O.K beforehand and simply sends in the report showing the rolls, which I think could potentially lead to a ban after checking your spec or whatever. I'm not an expert on how GM's decide in those cases or what exactly 'evidence' means in such a case, but yeah.

Also, Warmane doesn't keep chatlogs as far as I know. Atleast that's what many people told me.

If you had lots of fun in the month you are playing here, don't let it be ruined by a 5 day ban over a stupid piece of gear. Mistakes happen I guess.

Cheers!

Edit:

(Besides you have deleted my first 2 post where I ask for an explanation on why I was banned)
    That is against forum rules as far as I know. Ban appeal is the way to go, not creating several threads in the forum about it.
    Edited: May 24, 2020

3. May 24, 2020  
    Hi there.

I totally get the idea of mistakes were made. But this mistake kinda ruined all the fun for me,

I totally understand the feeling of POWER (being a GM and banning people), but at least do it for the right reason. Not over
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=37660/f...ber&bonus=4123 or 8 gold at a vendor. and some Hardcore raider with issues.

It's frustrating as hell to get banned for no reason and I think is not healthy to take screenshots after every dungeon only to have proof that you didn't ninja and worry that at some point you won't be able to log in because someone might have trolled you.
    This is telling me that the community has some mischievous people that are allowed to do whatever they want.

Here is a scenario ....
    I will join after 5 days of ban and start reporting everyone in dungeons and get people banned for no obvious reasons?
    If I do this I am an ******* and a piece of Sht. . . but the server, GM's etc allow it right? I mean it's clearly obvious that they ban without investigating. So what will stop me (besides morality) from reporting innocent players and get them banned for 5 days. Just for fun?

That would be mean right? I would be a total A hole if I do this. But the server seems to be encouraging this kind of behavior.

It's not cool. I actually invested time into this game and to get banned without a proper reason.
    Also the GM's or admins here removed my 2 initial posts where I asked for an explanation. (why? ) are they ashamed of not doing their job properly?.

The answer to this whole situation: * a mistake was made, you suffer (wait). So basically I need to accept the fact that on this server, from time to time, I will be banned, because GM's don't do their job properly.

Pfff.... It's such a cool server but I won't be able to screenshot everything and live with the idea that tomorrow I might not be able to access my account for no reason. What follows after? days of explaining on forums that I didn't Ninja any blue item? It's stupid!

4. May 24, 2020  
    Well, you said it yourself that you have MS Prot and OS Ret. He could've checked armory and seen you indeed >don't have< Holy OS. You're just hoarding items for it even if you don't need it actually. IF EVERYONE (including the Paladin) agreed to you needin the item, you shouldn't have been banned and if you took the screenshot of EVERYONE AGREEING to it you could've appealed your ban. Fact is GMs don't have chat logs and can't tell whether everyone agreed to it or not so that's your job and that's why ban appeals exist. GMs ban according to the evidence they receive. If the Pala SSed only you needing the healer trinket as Prot/Ret you "ninja looted".

5. May 24, 2020  
    Did you actually get 4 explicit "Yes" in chat or you just assumed? If you got only 3 your ban is legit.

Here is a tip for you: don't NEED for OS unless you actually know the people you are in group with. Pretty simple.

6. May 24, 2020  
    It's not cool. I actually invested time into this game and to get banned without a proper reason.
    Also the GM's or admins here removed my 2 initial posts where I asked for an explanation. (why? ) are they ashamed of not doing their job properly?.

The answer to this whole situation: * a mistake was made, you suffer (wait). So basically I need to accept the fact that on this server, from time to time, I will be banned, because GM's don't do their job properly.

Pfff.... It's such a cool server but I won't be able to screenshot everything and live with the idea that tomorrow I might not be able to access my account for no reason. What follows after? days of explaining on forums that I didn't Ninja any blue item? It's stupid!
    I have to disagree. GM's are working with what they have and I'm pretty sure they don't 'enjoy' banning people because it gives them some sense of power. The system isn't perfect, but they are doing what they can to provide us with a clean gaming experience.

I am playing on Warmane for quite a while now and this has never happened to me before. I can't tell if you were playing by the rules or if you did something wrong, that's not in my hands. But I personally haven't met anyone ingame complaining about recieving a ban that wasn't justified.

Also, like I said, creating several threads about your ban in the forums is against the rules. That's why we have the possibility to appeal for bans.

You don't have to screenshot everything either. It's not like you receive 10 pieces of gear on a daily basis for a spec you're not playing. A screenshot every now and then is really not that hard to manage, atleast in my opinion. And I didn't need any of the screenshots I took so far. I'm just doing that incase something like the situation you described is happening to me. But like I said before, I can't know if you truly played by the rules or if you did something wrong. That's the GM's job, not mine!

Cheers!

7. May 24, 2020  
    Yes.

I have waited after the last boss for people to leave.

In the party there was only me and the paladin left. I asked if I can roll he said YES
    after 15 minutes he chats me saying that I was lying. At this point I offer to give him the item. *Again, I do not intend to ninja loot a 8 gold blue trinket from a 6k+ GS holy paladin (maybe he needs it, who knows)

Yea the situation overall is stupid AF
    Getting banned over a blue item . . . I asked to roll. I offered to give the item back, I offered to show my Holy gear.
    Taking SS after every dungeon you do will just be proof that people on this srvr have bad intentions.
    I mean really now. Isn't there another way this can be handled? - Like a proper investigation? Some common sense "Why ban someone for a blue item when the report comes from the only person that could use the item A 6k+ GS holy paladin" - Where is the common sense here?
    Isn't ninja supposed to mean - Stealing an item that you don't need from someone who needs it?

Again,
    In my opinion this is encouraging a very toxic behavior

What if, when I come back after 5 days of ban over a blue item, because of the frustration and the time lost I want to change things and make the server a better place, so I become this vigilante.
    I start reporting people who roll on items, but only those that roll for green or blue items in order to get innocent players banned (for the greater good of course). And in the end they will hear the same things I heard.
    " Suck it up, those are the server rules,
    You are a ninja for taking a green/blue item that nobody needs
    Wait for 5 days...mistakes were made sorry"

Because this is how a "vigilante" appears.

*Disclaimer - this is just a scenario and it doesn't mean that the actions presented will actually take place (It is something used with the soul purpose of emphasizing on the current situation"

All that I want is to play this game casually, some RDF hc and a raid from time to time. I don't want to be a part of the game the fact that I am obsessively taking screenshots for every YES I get in a party and after every interaction I have with people in a dungeon just because people are being awful and I need to watch my back....

8. May 24, 2020  
    SabDK.

You are disagreeing based on your experience here.
    It is clear you have been playing here longer than me.

I have only 1 mo of gaming on this srvr and a maximum of 4.7 GS. Quite new player I can say and unfortunately this is my experience.... Getting banned over a 8 gold trinket https://www.wowhead.com/item=37660/f...ber&bonus=4123.

My overall 1MO experience on this server is bad. Really bad.
    Especially when I'm playing by the books. All that I want is a casual gaming experience. Some RDF and maybe a raid from time to time. But nooooooo. because 6k GS players cry over blue items at 3AM

9. May 24, 2020  
    Bro, can you wake up?
    6k players don't even need... blab la, you think you need it more for your third bank spec that you don't even have? Deny people chance to roll for dream shard so that item can rust in your bank for a few years? People are sick of these dudes who just want more stuff for their "offspec" they don't even have, taking advantage of others. No one has any problem to pass item for you if you ACTUALLY intend to get that offspec going and after 5 sec inspection everyone see clearly that you put 0 effort in your offspec. That's it.

10. May 24, 2020  
    Dear AngryLol.

For you is normal to get banned 5 days for a dream shard / 8 gold? In the ideal world you live in this is a normal action?
    I will give you now a full stack of dream shards. remove my ban :)) if it;s like that.
    Who shows off more greed and desperation? Me who wants to play holy and rolls for a blue item or the guy who decides that it;s ok to get banned over a dream shard or 8 gold?

You are sick of those people...ok. I am not "those" people ! I just want to play WOTLK casually and get some good vibes. I don't care about your shards problem. I care only that people like you think it's normal to get banned when you play by the books.
    If he said YES. He was alright with it why report me?
    Why didn't the pally accept my trade after his first wisper.
    He was the one who started to harass me and I was a nice person. I told him "If you need the item I will gladly trade it with you"

I play nice, I am nice, I do all by the books and I get banned, because people like you suffer over dreamshards
    I won't be playing this game anymore. Give me your in game name, I will trade you all the Gold/Consumables/and materials that I have. it seems like you need pixels in your life more than anyone.

You just pointed out what I am trying to say. That people are mischievous in this game and suffer from too much power.
    1 Month of gaming and I am already here arguing with you if it was the right decision to be banned 5 days for 1x dreamshard
    How much is a dreamshard? 10 gold?

11. May 24, 2020  
    Bro, can you wake up?
    6k players don't even need... blab la, you think you need it more for your third bank spec that you don't even have? Deny people chance to roll for dream shard so that item can rust in your bank for a few years? People are sick of these dudes who just want more stuff for their "offspec" they don't even have, taking advantage of others. No one has any problem to pass item for you if you ACTUALLY intend to get that offspec going and after 5 sec inspection everyone see clearly that you put 0 effort in your offspec. That's it.

I already deleted the game. Because I do not intend to play on this server ever. I don't like it. I had a bad experience.

But for you and to satisfy your greed for items. I will leave you everything I have. (items, gold, materials etc)
    Leave me in a PM or a reply here with your in game name (I am Alliance) so that once the ban is over I can send you a mail with all the things I won't be needing.

Maybe this way you will realize I don't give a crap about this account. I only care about doing the right thing. That's why I decided to tell my story here.
    I don't expect an un-ban and even if I receive one I will still not be inclined to re-log and play the game on this Server.

But for you. Just to prove that I actually Don't give a **** about items and I really just want a nice gaming experience. I will trade you everything.

I'm a guy with a job and responsibilities. I just play this game casual man. I don't want to get into your quarrel with kids that disenchant blue items. Really now

12. May 24, 2020  
    Doesn't matter 8g or 8000, Its not about the value of items.

If you had actually holy spec I bet no one would have reported you. It feels pretty down to agree for someone to get the item and then turns out he doesn't even have the spec, that's a spit in the face. So put the action where your mouth is, make the holy spec and people who agree for you to roll NEED will be happy for you and feel good about themselves.

You can be as nicest person in the world, that has nothing to do with this. Grats on being only grown up with responsibilities and job and whatever, good on you. Its weird to expect everyone pass their benefit for your sake, I guess that's a grown up thing.

13. May 24, 2020  
    Doesn't matter 8g or 8000, Its not about the value of items.

If you had actually holy spec I bet no one would have reported you. It feels pretty down to agree for someone to get the item and then turns out he doesn't even have the spec, that's a spit in the face. So put the action where your mouth is, make the holy spec and people who agree for you to roll NEED will be happy for you and feel good about themselves.

You can be as nicest person in the world, that has nothing to do with this. Grats on being only grown up with responsibilities and job and whatever, good on you. Its weird to expect everyone pass their benefit for your sake, I guess that's a grown up thing.
    Dude . . .

Earlier. in your earliest post you said you are Sick of "Those" people

And now it doesn't care the value of items? It is clear I got banned because someone didn't got his 8 gold or shard.
    Spit in their face. I apologize for that. I didn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings here.

Again. My intention was to play this game casually, not get banned over dream shards or emotions.

I still don't consider I did something which deserved to be banned.

You are trying to accuse me here of doing something very bad (spitting in other people faces and what not) But it's not true.
    Purely I have offspec in bank I intended to swap ret for Holy I just didn't know I will get banned for this.
    But because people like you jump to conclusions ...this happens
    And yes it counts/matters if I was nice or not.
    Because if I was an A hole I would of just Ninja the item knowingly.
    Being nice is what I did:
    Ask if I can roll for the item, wait for confirmation and when the guy whispered me I told him I will give him the item if he needs it.
    And here is the difference between being nice and being an A hole

This being said
    Please send me that message? Or,, it seems u know the rules better? am I allowed to give you my character? Like really now... I am playing for a month on this server. Do you think if I knew I would get banned over this I would still roll on that item?

I really do not need this account anymore. It is clear for me that playing on this sever will not end well therefore, maybe u know someone who wants to start playing wow and doesn't want to lvl up
    (*First check for me if it is ok to trade the account. I don't want to get banned again for not knowing the unwritten rules of the server)
    Character name Grigoreta.
    Please look this up for me and let me know if it is ok to trade and the account is yours, or whoever wants it and reads this. but first I want to make sure it is ok to trade the character

LOOK AT THE ITEM PLEASE
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=37660/f...ber&bonus=4123. (does it look important to you)

14. May 24, 2020  
    Ok,
    what would be the value line for you to consider your ban "earned"? BiS items vendor for 20g, is that reasonable line? Yeah, doesn't make sense. So stop with the 8g please.

Make a ban appeal, because this will not help, nor it will gain you sympathy from anyone - because your ban is deserved. Intentional or not, you did exactly what some people do, trick people into letting NEED items for their offspec, but when inspected they don't even have the offspec.

And I'm not going to send a you message, I don't need your items, nor your account or anything.

TBH your "generosity" makes me feel like you actually tried to bull**** people to let you NEED. I mean you put so much value on items and assume I'm gona jump to get them - probably what you'd do. Seems fishy.

15. May 24, 2020  
    My overall 1MO experience on this server is bad. Really bad.
    My experience with warmane in 1 month of gaming here was really nice
    I actually like the community people are nice and the server is quite decent.
    Make up your mind. A single bad experience changed 1 month of fun for you? That doesn't sound like a grown up person with responsibilities to me. More like baby rage.

With every single post you make it gets crystal clear what kind of person you are. You are becoming more and more arrogant, entitled and insulting. I'm starting to think that your ban was very justified and probably had more than enough evidence attached to it.

I have waited after the last boss for people to leave.
    That is kinda weird because it sounded alot different in your first post.

(I ASKED IN PARTY IF IT IS OK TO ROLL AND THEY SAID YES)
    So, you were basically waiting for everyone to leave the dungeon so that you can ninja the item since everybody else left before you rolled, right? Too bad that Paladin was in your way I guess? It is quite obvious now that you didn't intend to ask anyone for said item.

Making it look like you don't care and giving up your account to anyone for free doesn't make you look any better. GM's did their job perfectly fine. Good riddance.

12 Last