1. May 24, 2020  

Dungeon mining/herb nodes removed?

I thought this server was supposed to be Blizz-like? (apart from buffing all the mobs)
    A week or so ago I was happily farming DEADMINES (both inside and outside the instance) and get 200 stacks of copper after a couple hours. (awesome)
    But today? ZERO copper veins and 1 tin vein that cannot be mined. I click it, the mining animation works but I receive no ore and the vein doesnt disappear. (even after log out and log in) Its just bugged. So there are a couple tin veins that still work outside the instance. At first I thought, "Ok maybe someone else mined them already? So I waited. And waited..... and waited. Nothing; so I went inside the instance. I went all the way to the smeltery room and NO copper veins- NONE! I saw ONE tin vein that I mined on the way in and it respawned on the way out but I didnt mine it this time. I left the dungeon and reset it and went back in. This time there were ZERO mining nodes. In an INSTANCE?! There should be the same number of veins that there were back when WOTLK was the big thing on retail some years ago.
    That brings me to another issue with a different instance. WAILING CAVERNS- A few weeks back I needed some dusky pigment for minor glyphs so I thought I could go to wailing caverns and find a decent amount of herbs there. WRONG! In RETAIL, there were alot of herbs outside the instance- mageroyal, peacebloom, a briarthorn, some silverleaf, earthroot at the base of the mountain, one stranglekelp in the pond and a couple bruiseweed. Inside the cave there were some liferoot and just outside the instance at the bottom of the pond there was a stranglekelp. INSIDE the instance there were a mix of all the previously mentioned herbs as well scattered ALL throughout the length of the instance.
    But in reality when I actually went there- there was ONE silverleaf at the pond, nothing in the cave neither on my way in OR on my way out (and I loitered there awhile thinking I needed to wait for respawns) but the only thing that respawned was the silverleaf I picked for testing purposes. There mightve also been an earthroot on the side of the cave but thats it. INSIDE the dungeon I got 1 liferoot (which i picked several times) and one mageroyal deep inside. The only other herbs I got came from killing elementals not herbalism. And I kept an eye out for mining nodes too there were a couple of copper veins (2 or 3) maybe 1 tin where there would have been at least twice that many plus 1 iron vein if memory serves. Altho as of this writing its likely that the devs have removed the mining nodes from WC as well. Does this mean that I likely wont find iron/gold nodes in Razor Fen Kraul? I hope not because its hard enough to gather materials for professions as it is. Especially on a pvp server.

I know that there are some people who dont like it when one of their party members holds up the dungeon with working on gathering professions but it should be up to the player whether or not to group with that person- not for the developers to remove precious resources. And what about high level solo-farming in dungeons? Nobody is being held up there. There are MANY of us players who DONT LIKE the pvp element of the server and are only here because we have no alternative. There is NOT ANY private server that is PVE/Normal- in the ENTIRE INTERNET. I've checked! (If anybody knows of one please tell me.) And farming instances is the one place (outside of starting zones) I could gather resources in peace. If the devs removed it to "force" more world pvp then that is some dirty pool BS. But I dont wanna get side-tracked in a rant about non-consensual pvp.
    What are they gonna do next? Remove animals from dungeons? Or remove the "skinnable" tag (Like Blizz did to worgen in Cataclysm) from all animals, yeti and worgen in dungeons? Why dont we just remove professions entirely from this whole server? Delete all profession trainer NPCs so the only gear we get is drops and quests.

HEY MODS/DEVS- Is this a bug? Do you need to kill the server for maintenance to make nodes spawn in dungeons again or is this an intentional nerf?

-Edit: If youre doing this because of the economy? Thats even worse. Even with dozens of people solo-farming copper ore in deadmines in parallel (each person in a separate instance) The prices of copper ore/bars and even bronze are OUTRAGEOUS! If you get a stack for 1g youre stupid lucky. Low level players cannot level professions with the auction house and the overworld is overcamped. If you dont want high level players stealing the copper, iron, etc (or herbs in some cases) from the lower level players in the starting areas then let us farm the dungeons. Because by removing profession farming from dungeons, youre screwing over everyone and ESPECIALLY the new players who will be getting screwed the hardest. This will cause alot of people to quit if intentional and/or not fixed/reversed.
    Not to mention that ore/bars prices are gonna skyrocket without dungeon farms.
    Edited: May 24, 2020

2. May 26, 2020  
    I noticed that as well recently that some notes never seem to show up anymore. Then I again I seen the opposite happen where there was a crazy abundance of them like a cave having all 20 notes up at the same time over and over again or even a single note having 10 different ores on top of each other.

3. May 26, 2020  
    yeah- nodes on the overworld can get a little screwy on a private server whenever the devs mess with the code but one would think that anything inside a dungeon should stay static. (unfortunately) I've only seen nodes stacked once but it was only 1 copper and 1 tin. And some nodes are completely underground- like the iron node at the ogre mound cave entrance in duskwood where you can see the sparkles (barely) but cant interact with the node no matter what you do. And other nodes that are on unreachable mountain tops. anyways Where is the bug report forum? I cant find it.

4. May 26, 2020  

5. May 28, 2020  
    If they intentionally nerfed instance farming I say ****ing FINALLY. Nobody should be able to farm anything uncontested like that. It drives down the value of items and botters can do it indefinitely because nobody can stop them while they are inside an instance.

6. May 29, 2020  
    If they intentionally nerfed instance farming I say ****ing FINALLY. Nobody should be able to farm anything uncontested like that. It drives down the value of items and botters can do it indefinitely because nobody can stop them while they are inside an instance.
    DUDE! You talk about "driving down the value of things" Are you somehow planning to use digital items from a game on a private server to invest in your retirement fund? LMAO! I dont think your mutual fund or stock broker will accept "assassin's blade" into your portfolio. None of this stuff has real value anyway.
    Anyways... Have you even SEEN the prices on copper ore? It shouldnt be THAT BAD! Botters get found out and banned- Crafting materials will always have value- Its more like if people solo farm it can keep the prices reasonably affordable- of which they have never been since I joined the server. Lowbies- ACTUALLY level appropriate new players level 1-25 cant reasonable afford even 1g/stack for copper ore and the price per stack rarely goes below 5g. If high level players cant solo-farm ore then the lowbies will never be able to make themselves some gear because All the high-level players will be strip-mining starter areas instead. Or do you not believe we should not be uncontested even in our own starting zones? The only place people should be warring over resources is in Arathi Basin or Wintergrasp. What business is it of yours if someone solo-mines an instance? Are you gonna say humanoids in instances should never drop cloth or BOE gear? Why dont we delete all loot tables except BOP from boss? WTF are you so salty about? Did you lose money at an AH thinking you bought stuff for a steal and tried to turn it around for a profit and got burned when people kept undercutting you? TOUGH! we've all been there. Thats life. I'm sorry you got burned at AH but thats not a reason to screw over the rest of the server. I hope you remember this when someone nerfs something that YOU needed. Even outside instances you can farm uncontested if you know where to go and when. This server advertises itself as "blizz-like" and as such- it should BE blizzlike. Not cherry picking this feature or that feature. If you dont like it- Go play warhammer mmo or fortnite- I hear the pvp is more cutthroat there.
    Edited: May 29, 2020

7. May 29, 2020  
    > If high level players cant solo-farm ore then the lowbies will never be able to make themselves some gear because all the high-level players will be strip-mining starter areas instead.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Professions are not meant to gear up your own character, you level it up to sell crafted items to others later. You literally can't make relevant items for yourself while leveling that would be anywhere near the quality of dungeon loot drops unless you somehow manage to mine/skin in zones 5+ levels above you and even then its not worth the effort when you can just do dungeons for loot. As for the lowbies not being able to gather anything but leather, that's completely FINE. You don't have to level up professions from the beginning. Herbalism and mining will always be volatile professions that can either make you rich if you know what to do or just waste your time if you don't. And I certainly don't - so I use enchanting as a "gathering" profession on every character to collect dust, shards and crystals. Paladin has tailoring/enchanting, warrior has leatherworking/enchanting, priest has inscription/enchanting, mage has alchemy/enchanting...you get the idea.

> Are you gonna say humanoids in instances should never drop cloth or BOE gear?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, I'd prefer if enemies dropped nothing when you're alone in a dungeon and enemies are gray level to you so nobody could infinitely farm them alone for easy loot.

8. May 29, 2020  
    um... not everybody levels through dungeons. And lots of people wear crafted gear. Even if you dont use a high level alt- its easy to level up a profession well above your ability to wear it. That is- assuming that there arent high levels competing for your resources because the high levels got their sources of resources taken away. If crafting wasnt meant to gear yourself up then why are max level characters encouraged to make top-tier crafted epics to wear themselves before they even START farming heroics- let alone raid? If you say "it was meant to sell to others" well even if I didnt have a crafting profession, technically a profession WAS meant to gear myself. You are contradicting yourself. And youre a moron. If crafted gear was only meant to be sold and not used then nobody would ever wear it- thus they wouldnt buy it and so it would never sell. Catch 22. You've even admitted that you dont know what youre doing so how can you have any credibility? If you prefer enchanting as your gather profession, then you should actually be on my side because without those solofarming dungeons or crafting gear- how could we sell it to you cheaply so that you could DE it and sell the mats for a high price? You should REJOICE if the cost of gear becomes cheap due to overfarming. If you have to group to get your mats- then at least half the time you wont win the roll- and thats being optimistic. Realistically your chance to get mats is less than 20% making it harder for you to sell shards or sell enchants.

TL:DR- So lets see, you've admitted you suck, and that youre a moron, you've contradicted yourself and proven you have zero credibility and you would not only shoot yourself in the foot, but that you would yell in trade begging to tip others to shoot you in the foot if you could. How can you even comment on mining when you dont use it and you dont even know what to do?
    So yeah- nobody is going to listen to you and I'm done feeding you as you clearly dont know what youre talking about.

Youre basically one of those miserable masochists who wants others to join you in the suffering. I bet if you tried- you could find a better game where you could enjoy more suffering. This game is too easy for someone like you- perhaps you want a darksouls-esque mmo with hardcore pvp? I wonder if such a thing even exists?
    Laters Ashbat