1. May 27, 2020  

Deathbringer Saurfang - Too Hard

Yes I'm sure you've heard it all before but hear me out:

Deathbringer Saurfang is WAY TOO difficult with the...buffs...in this server.

Unless we're royally missing something, the timing/damage of Boiling Blood + Blood Nova seems to be one shotting people at least a couple of times in each of our guilds fights, and we can't sustain ourselves long enough to finish (we've barely got more than 20 seconds into Mark of the fallen champion, I don't even want to think about that). Here's the Wiki damage for his main spells in 10 normal:

[Blood Nova] - Blood explodes outward from a random enemy target, inflicting 10,000 Physical damage to nearby enemies.
    All non-melee raid members must stay at least 12 yards away from each other to avoid activating [Blood Nova]
    - Issue: damage is currently about 17,000
    - Issue: we had /range 12 on, I was more than 12 yards away from nearby allies but they both took the damage anyway

[Boiling Blood] - Boils the blood of an enemy, inflicting 9,500 Physical damage every 3 seconds for 24 seconds.
    - Works about fine

[Mark of the Fallen Champion] - Causes Deathbringer Saurfang's melee attacks to splash to this target, inflicting 5,700 to 6,300 additional Physical damage
    - Issue: damage is about 10,000

So, at a glance these don't look terrible, but our problem is we're having people with boiling blood take the Blood Nova IMMEDIATELY after a tick, causing them to instantly take 27,000 damage, there are of course <some> ways around this like having a disc priest shield the boiling blood person right before blood nova hits, but these are very specific and difficult ways around it (like if you don't have a disc priest, for example).

I understand this fight is meant to be a gatekeeper of sorts, but this is mad, most of our ranged have about 23-26k health, we can't survive an unlucky hit like this. What are peoples thoughts? Is it just me going crazy here? I honestly thing if they reduced blood novas damage to ~12k and the range to 11 yards, the fight would be STILL VERY HARD, but not dummy RNG impossible for starter groups (guild run of GS ~5200-5500).

Thanks.
    Taerer - Lordaeron, here to QQ all day.

2. May 27, 2020  
    I think it's fine as it is. Haven't encountered any cases of people getting oneshot on DBS and I've been casually pugging for the last year or so. Could be you're just going crazy.

3. May 27, 2020  
    i actually do.. dot sometimes do a massive amount of damage.. mostly some kind of bug.. happened 2 times.. even with geared people its not possible to kill him

4. i actually have been on both sides to this. i've done plenty of fights where no one-shotting happens and a couple where the raid is just pure unlucky and plagued with rng where 2-3 casters get one-shotted cuz of blood boil and nova ticking at the same time. i attribute it to rng and bad luck but honestly it defeats the morale of the group and they are just less likely to continue..

5. that's why you have paladins hop the clothies, with some unlucky rng, they *could* get almost oneshot by two damage ticks within about a second of each other