1. May 27, 2020  

BGs unbalanced

gms, have you tried to make a bg? with half of your team afk and against guys who have twice as many gs?
    at least let me fight people i can, even with afks on the team. its revolting

2. May 27, 2020  
    This is the direct result of the change in battlegrounds bracket system after the opening of Frostmourne. If you have any item that is not obtainable on Frostmourne, you get placed in the higher item level battlegrounds bracket. A fresh 80 in all greens with his freshly farmed piece of furious pvp gear gets rewarded by facing 6k gs players. You might as well get used to it. It has been pointed out since mid April and it's been over a month with no changes in sight. At this point, you can either match your gear to Frostmourne's current progression level, continue to bend over in BGs, or if you're fresh, buy enough gear to make a difference.

3. May 28, 2020  
    if they already have a mechanism to differentiate the bgs by item lvl, why not create an extra classification? like low gs up to 4999 and 5k +gs. it would be good for everyone

4. May 28, 2020  
    You mean the old system? It was not based on GS but item level instead, but it more or less does the same thing. Right now it's completely broken due to the devs trying to protect Frostmourne players.

5. June 3, 2020  
    I think the Devs should really consider the implementation of a balanced pvp system across all realms. What is the point of playing versus 6k+ players with Shadowmournes? No matter the skill and how much you try, it is impossible to compete with such heavily geared players. This just gives the impression that your server is a pay to win server, where the only way to compete is "buying" wrathful pvp gear plus your shadowmourne, this fact easily opens the doors for you to these "exclusive" pvp guilds where most of the members have donated their gear and they just do "premades" to show off their "greatness" or to better say it their donation capabilites. I am not saying that donation is a bad thing or donors are bad, but if you are donating all the gear for your DK, Warr or Paladin which are the only classes that can use Shadowmourne then what is the point of having other classes available in the game? I have been in BGs where half of the team are just Paladins or DKs even few Warrs but no other classes available. Where is the fairness here? Why don't you implement an intelligent pvp system that groups this players according to their gear capabilities? If full donors running full wrathful gear with their shadowmournes want to show up their skills, put them with players that are on the same gear level as them, its really sad that if you want to play a battleground with low gear you have to suffer for this by getting one-shooted all the time. It makes no sense at all, unless you are only worried about the money for donations, while mantaining a poor quality pvp level where the people would prefer to do pve instead of suffering the bad experience of getting one-shooted 1000 times to get a simple furious piece of gear.

6. June 3, 2020  
    I think the Devs should really consider the implementation of a balanced pvp system across all realms. What is the point of playing versus 6k+ players with Shadowmournes? No matter the skill and how much you try, it is impossible to compete with such heavily geared players. This just gives the impression that your server is a pay to win server, where the only way to compete is "buying" wrathful pvp gear plus your shadowmourne, this fact easily opens the doors for you to these "exclusive" pvp guilds where most of the members have donated their gear and they just do "premades" to show off their "greatness" or to better say it their donation capabilites. I am not saying that donation is a bad thing or donors are bad, but if you are donating all the gear for your DK, Warr or Paladin which are the only classes that can use Shadowmourne then what is the point of having other classes available in the game? I have been in BGs where half of the team are just Paladins or DKs even few Warrs but no other classes available. Where is the fairness here? Why don't you implement an intelligent pvp system that groups this players according to their gear capabilities? If full donors running full wrathful gear with their shadowmournes want to show up their skills, put them with players that are on the same gear level as them, its really sad that if you want to play a battleground with low gear you have to suffer for this by getting one-shooted all the time. It makes no sense at all, unless you are only worried about the money for donations, while mantaining a poor quality pvp level where the people would prefer to do pve instead of suffering the bad experience of getting one-shooted 1000 times to get a simple furious piece of gear.
    well if every newbie actually takes the time to read how old the realms are this hole topic will be obsolete. By this time there are many people bound to have SMs donors or not!

7. June 3, 2020  
    This just gives the impression that your server is a pay to win server.
    It is a 4+ year old server. Just because someone decided they don't want to wait two months to get their shadowmourne and pay to support the server instead, doesn't mean it is a pay to win server. If there is the possibility of obtaining SM legitimately, there should be no reason WHATSOEVER for donors to be frowned upon for obtaining theirs via paying.

I have been in BGs where half of the team are just Paladins or DKs even few Warrs but no other classes available. Where is the fairness here?
    It's a meta. That's what's most popular due to what is most available to the class. Take ANY game whatsoever and choose something that is outside of the currently viable meta. You will get destroyed no matter the skill because that's what a meta is. "Fairness" has nothing to do with it. You are playing a class / spec that is not viable against what is currently possible. "But I have fun playing my spec," well, in that case your fun > your chances to win.

Why don't you implement an intelligent pvp system that groups this players according to their gear capabilities?
    And why don't you develop it? You think coding is easy like... SNAP, BALANCE! Furthermore, sh*tting on noobs was a huge part of the fun in retail WotLK. Dec 09, 2009 - Dec 2010 is a span of 12~ months where there were no brackets in battlegrounds where BIS players could face against people that just joined their first BG. Was it fair? Nope. Did it matter? Absolutely not. People had SM's back then too. Do note that then, people were paying active subscriptions during which they had to live with having to grind 2-4 weeks for a relentless piece of gear. Meanwhile, you are doing it for free with increased gold rates.

It makes no sense at all, unless you are only worried about the money for donations
    Welcome to the real world kiddo' you wouldn't be here if it weren't for money and donations. Hurray for capitalism.

while mantaining a poor quality pvp
    It's only poor if you're the one getting sh*t on... Just saying.

would prefer to do pve instead of suffering the bad experience of getting one-shooted 1000 times to get a simple furious piece of gear.
    Or, alternatively, if you are smart, you can skip furious and get to relentless / wrathful right on and experience the true #RetailExperience where you would queue your weekly 10 losses for 3 weeks, farm Wintergrasp weekly honor and get your piece for the week / 2 weeks. Furthermore, PvP has always been sort of an endgame to the game where you would need to have done SOME PvE to be viable and actually do any damage. 3.3.5 is a damage centered expansion. If you enter a battleground with 1300 resilience as a ret paladin, your damage won't do jack sh*t and you'll just die 5 seconds slower. ADAPT to the game, don't want the GAME to adapt to you.

8. June 4, 2020  
    Today, playing like Horde from Lordaeron I was in BG 3h trying to win my daily BG. I dont know if the Staff changed something, but I think that crossrealm is weary. Many people think that the best option was make a cross-faction per Realm and dont merged every realms.

9. June 5, 2020  
    It is a 4+ year old server. Just because someone decided they don't want to wait two months to get their shadowmourne and pay to support the server instead, doesn't mean it is a pay to win server. If there is the possibility of obtaining SM legitimately, there should be no reason WHATSOEVER for donors to be frowned upon for obtaining theirs via paying.

It's a meta. That's what's most popular due to what is most available to the class. Take ANY game whatsoever and choose something that is outside of the currently viable meta. You will get destroyed no matter the skill because that's what a meta is. "Fairness" has nothing to do with it. You are playing a class / spec that is not viable against what is currently possible. "But I have fun playing my spec," well, in that case your fun > your chances to win.

And why don't you develop it? You think coding is easy like... SNAP, BALANCE! Furthermore, sh*tting on noobs was a huge part of the fun in retail WotLK. Dec 09, 2009 - Dec 2010 is a span of 12~ months where there were no brackets in battlegrounds where BIS players could face against people that just joined their first BG. Was it fair? Nope. Did it matter? Absolutely not. People had SM's back then too. Do note that then, people were paying active subscriptions during which they had to live with having to grind 2-4 weeks for a relentless piece of gear. Meanwhile, you are doing it for free with increased gold rates.

Welcome to the real world kiddo' you wouldn't be here if it weren't for money and donations. Hurray for capitalism.

It's only poor if you're the one getting sh*t on... Just saying.

Or, alternatively, if you are smart, you can skip furious and get to relentless / wrathful right on and experience the true #RetailExperience where you would queue your weekly 10 losses for 3 weeks, farm Wintergrasp weekly honor and get your piece for the week / 2 weeks. Furthermore, PvP has always been sort of an endgame to the game where you would need to have done SOME PvE to be viable and actually do any damage. 3.3.5 is a damage centered expansion. If you enter a battleground with 1300 resilience as a ret paladin, your damage won't do jack sh*t and you'll just die 5 seconds slower. ADAPT to the game, don't want the GAME to adapt to you.
    All your comments are pure garbage, no reason to discuss with someone like you on this topic.

10. June 5, 2020  
    Calling every geared player donor(as if its something bad) is re-tar-ded.We donors(yes,i've donated too in the past) are keeping the server alive and letting players like you to play for free.Also most of the pple that've donated are veteran players that have played the game for years,so dont pretend that they are bad and getting carried by gear alone.

As for the topic - I've noticed too that atm bgs are rlly unbalanced and not fun to play at all.In most of the games 1 of the teams is getting good or atleast average players and the other team is getting atleast 3-4+ players that are staying afk/refusing to play or without almost no gear at all.As someone that is bis geared such games are annoying and waste of time.I hope that we will get again gear brackets enabled and face player with atleast 5k gs min or similar gear - its boring to 1 shot players 24/7.

11. June 5, 2020  
    All your comments are pure garbage, no reason to discuss with someone like you on this topic.
    Wait, his post which explained stuff is nonsense and your post saying that one item and 3 classes are to blame for imbalance is sane? You're basically saying "**** everyone with gs over 6k." Realm has been up for years, people who have never donated a single cent have had time to get shadowmournes and full wrathful gear by now, and you're just mad cause you can't compete.
    BGs are not supposed to be balanced, they're supposed to be random. Sometimes you stomp, other times you get stomped and sometimes you get evenly matched, get over it. Geared characters aren't going away, and if you don't like it, maybe try Frostmourne since they're progressing or just **** off and let people who've spent months ingame play their game.

12. June 6, 2020  
    BR/Lordareon players are playing bg's for objectives, Icecrown players for Kills. I belive huge majority understand this but the fact is nobody cares about forum so we can't really have vote.

13. June 6, 2020  
    Let me fix this for you: Players who can't win fights (low GS, skill, bad spec etc.) tend to focus on completing objectives in BGs; players who think they can dominate the other team tend to play for kills, and those who are actually OP but don't play for kills often get lots of kills in the process of completing objectives anyway.

It's not like Blackrock and Lordareon players are smarter somehow. In fact, I argue it is the opposite, especially those who complain. They obviously misjudged their own skill level at first, thinking either they will be able to obtain the gear they need to be competitive in their respective realms the hard way, or they will be able to overcome gear disadvantages against BiS players through skill. Inevitably, most come to realize they cannot, so they come here to cry. Just donate or reroll on Icecrown and be done with it. The best thing about this game is gear > skill. You will probably still get owned by equally geared players that happen to also be highly skilled, but at least you will dominate the plebs, and that is always fun. I won't judge you.

14. June 6, 2020  
    Wait, his post which explained stuff is nonsense and your post saying that one item and 3 classes are to blame for imbalance is sane? You're basically saying "**** everyone with gs over 6k." Realm has been up for years, people who have never donated a single cent have had time to get shadowmournes and full wrathful gear by now, and you're just mad cause you can't compete.
    BGs are not supposed to be balanced, they're supposed to be random. Sometimes you stomp, other times you get stomped and sometimes you get evenly matched, get over it. Geared characters aren't going away, and if you don't like it, maybe try Frostmourne since they're progressing or just **** off and let people who've spent months ingame play their game.
    First of all you **** off, secondly what does your trash talk have to do with having a balanced pvp system which is the original topic of discussion here? If you think BGs are not supposed to be balanced, then what the hell are you doing commenting here, get it clear topic is about pvp balancing if you have nothing valuable to add and you already did your mind, please avoid the trash talking.

15. June 7, 2020  
    Why am I commenting?
    Because I find BGs are ok on their own, no need to implement fictional "balance" and make it worse.
    Do you know how do suggestions work? You come up with a suggestion, other people support it, others argue against it, not everyone has to have the same idea, if stuff worked like "Hey, I got this idea and I only wanna hear feedback from people who think the same way" we'd have a much much different world today. You won't get your little echo chamber here.
    OP itself wasn't even a suggestion, 0 idea input. Rest of you here just whined about "SM OP" with also 0 constructive ideas so it's staying the way it is until you can form a sensible statement and come up with something that's actually reasonable.

12 Last