1. May 27, 2020  

Fresh 80 Healer Noob Question

Hello,

I recently made my first character here and have never gotten to 80 before. I have a druid healer and am kinda stuck right now.

I'm at around 3.0k gearscore, and all of my item slots are item level 187+ (except one trinket slot). I can't seem to queue for any other dungeons other than normal. Is there any other way for me to get better gear? I've looked at gear I can get from reputations, but they don't seem to do me and good as a healer (I may be completely wrong on this!).

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you.

2. May 27, 2020  
    Go Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum or Eye of eternity. 25 or 10man Raids will help you.
    Also a tip is getting a Healing addon for healing in raids, Grid or Healbot are 2 favorites almost every good healer uses.

3. May 27, 2020  
    Do walk-in HCs until you can buy the Idol, without it you are never gonna be able to join RDFHC

4. May 27, 2020  
    Thank you guys. I thought of those but I either get kicked for low gearscore or don't even get any replies! So it just made me think that I needed to do something else to get to that 3.6k+ gearscore everyone wants in their groups... any suggestions on how to get into a group?

5. May 28, 2020  
    Go Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum or Eye of eternity. 25 or 10man Raids will help you.
    Also a tip is getting a Healing addon for healing in raids, Grid or Healbot are 2 favorites almost every good healer uses.
    Must notify that Healbot becomes problematic for Shamans/druids in RS.

This is becausr it doesn't show the debuff on halion.

Vuhdo is a better option and is basically the same as Healbot.

6. May 28, 2020  
    Thank you guys. I thought of those but I either get kicked for low gearscore or don't even get any replies! So it just made me think that I needed to do something else to get to that 3.6k+ gearscore everyone wants in their groups... any suggestions on how to get into a group?

You dont have any other options really. As people above mentioned you should start doing Heroic Walk-ins now and buy emblem gear for upgrades. Then at 3.4k start looking for OS 10/25 and VoA 10/25 raids. Also learn a profession or two so you can craft yourself some good items. With the gold you earned you can buy some good BoEs (4k per item usually) from the AH. Once you hit 3.5k you should start looking for Naxx 10/25 man and later on EoE raids aswell.

7. May 29, 2020  
    There are actually 3 things you can do:

1) Queue for normal instances and keep contact with the people you played the instace. Ask them if they have an interest in playing walk in dungeons with you. You can also just search in trade chat and looking for group chat.
    Keep in mind that this will always consume time.

2) Do pvp. The easiest way is doing random battleground. The items might not be the best, but the give you the extra gear that you need to go for random heroics using rdf. You can also go for 10 games arena and get the arena points each week to also get pvp gear.

There is a good trinket for each spec in Wintergrasp. You need 25 Wintergrasp Marks(3 for win and 1 for loss). That should also help out.
    Tanks got it easier because the resilience is helping them to get the def cap. For dps and heal it is pretty much pointless.

3) Open a raid by yourself(10 man in particular) and search for people that in the same spot as you are. People with ~ 3k gearscore. You can def. do Vault of Archavon 10 Man and get a good piece of gear. The same goes for the 4 quarters in nax 10 man and in general farming trash in nax 10/25 man