1. May 28, 2020  

Open world pvp

I have a question for the open wold pvp players, gankers and campers. I play horde on the icecrown server, and am wondering if it is only high geared alliance pvp players that find it fun to just camp and kill players nowhere near their prowess or do i just have bad luck in encountering these spineless kids constantly. Is this a unique experience to horde players or also alliance? I just can’t seem to replicate the same level of satisfaction they seem to have in killing badly geared players. I’m not saying its wrong, but it does seem disengaging to the whole process in passing any opposition player and leaving him alive at ANY level they might be. How do you ally/horde players feel. It just seems to me BG demotivate these kind of players (because they suck at actual pvp) to just gank lowbies and get some sort of satisfaction out of it. If this is the case how do i motivate myself to just go out and annoy alliance players? How can i make myself feel good about disrupting another players game play experience malevolently?
    Do i need to play league of legends for half a year or something to find joy in this? Or does this type of behavior just apply to a certain age group? Or maybe just alliance players? Please help?
    Just knowing why would make it less pathetic from the birds view

2. May 28, 2020  
    Call it population control. We have too many Horde players on this server anyway. Just about every zone is infested with them. I actually do play tons of BGs, and find myself carrying Horde to victory quite often. You're welcome.

3. May 28, 2020  
    That sort of experience isn't Horde-only. It's usually a roller coaster. Alliance starts ganking in X -> Horde goes ganking for revenge -> rinse, repeat.
    I go on a ganking trip once in a while aswell. It's fun watching plebs try and run away and that's mostly the reason why I do it. I did play LoL before though, so maybe you could find a correlation between those 2 things.

4. May 28, 2020  
    To answer your many questions, yes, it happens on both sides, it isn't kids sitting around doing it always, and it has went on since the launch of WoW. you will do it as well. maybe not as often as some, maybe more. everyone has. Welcome to WoW.

5. May 28, 2020  
    If you don't have a well geared lvl 80 that you can switch on and clean up the ganking pests solution is actually pretty easy.
    Get a help from an equally bored lvl 80 from your faction, that has bis pvp gear.
    Or alternatively avoid Stranglethorn Vale, Hilsbrad Hills, Tanaris, Un'Goro, Hellfire Peninsula, Borean Tundra, Grizzly Hills(not that often of a battle zone but it can become one quite easily) and K3 in Storm peaks while you level up and before you are properly geared to at least take on gankers with bad gear and twinks that prey on people that are below lvl 80.
    Yes all of this does take a bit out of the in-game enjoyment, but once you are able to turn the tables on the pests it is pretty satisfying when you corpse camp them.

Especially the twinks who love to complain how a lvl 80 camping them is unfair :)

6. May 28, 2020  
    No one with half a brain should get corpse camped. Use character unstuck.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqDztM2-2U4

7. May 28, 2020  
    It's just a way for some players to have fun, so I'm fine with that, it always been part of the game and even if it's not "fair" for low levels, you can easily level even with these gankers.
    As a multiboxer, it's even funnier when they cry because it's "unfair" that I can 1shot em, when they 1shot low levels all day long, but hey, everyone has fun as they can

8. May 28, 2020  
    i kill every ally on sight in frostmourne because i need every bit of honor i can get , also i had many times where i regreted sparing alliance players cuz even those little **** who act like they dont want fight would take the first chance they get to kill u if the advantage is in their side for example i spared a mage who was farming elemental fire in wg the other day just cuz he had only 16k hp then as soon as i get jumped by 2 other noob ally he joins the fight and tries to kill me thankfully they all suck and they all got rekt also i camped that same mage for like 1 hour till he heartstoned away , moral of the story have no mercy for the merciless kill them all
    Edited: May 28, 2020

9. May 28, 2020  
    What a brain dead mage! What kind of pleb gets spawn camped for 1 hr when unstuck at website is on 30 min CD.

Getting one shotted by 80's is nothing like running into mboxers in BGs or open world. There's nothing fair about WPVP and BGs. In fact, you're playing the wrong game if fairness is what you care about, and Warmane is about the worst private server you can pick for that. Whenever I run into mboxer in WPVP I go out of my way to kill all lowbies in the zone and nearby area. If you can't win, inflict as much pain as you can. Consider it as a form of asymmetrical warfare.

10. May 29, 2020  
    Don't worry bro, alliance experiences this just the same in AV when facing multiboxers and that one guild who keeps GY camping. Can't win an AV when that **** happens since they'll shut down any attempt we do to win the game after which they'll go back to GY camping without taking any bases which ends up the BG lasting for an hour or so of just these ****stains GY camping you, shutting down any attempt to progress the game, and winning the game through the sheer amount of HKs they farm up.

Neither sides or innocent.

11. May 30, 2020  
    am wondering if it is only high geared alliance pvp players that find it fun to just camp and kill players nowhere near their prowess
    Nope, i also like to camp people (i'm 69), be it my level, under or over. Red = dead.

"or do i just have bad luck in encountering these spineless kids constantly" ... what's your character name ? For research purposes.
    "Is this a unique experience to horde players or also alliance?" ... both sides get camped.
    "How do you ally/horde players feel" ... *click* noice.
    "because they suck at actual pvp" ... some do, some don't.