1. May 29, 2020  

Ninja Report Abuse

Hey all,

A quick question. I rolled a Holy Pally and ran some quick dungeons. I was in a low level 5 man dungeon, 20-30 and rolled and won a shield with spirit on it for my holy pally. This makes sense to me, it was an upgrade and although not an amazing stat but a helpful one. I was absolutely destroyed by my fellow dungeon mates and called a ninja looter to the point they were confident I am going to get a 5 day band.

I see bans taking place left and right on world chat. Is this an abused system? The loot rules were group loot and you could only roll if the loot was viable to you.

I'm convinced myself I'm just not going to play if I get banned for this. This game is just for killing time, but want to know more about this going forward. Seems like the rules of this server has created some foul players.

Thanks for your time,

The Holy Pally

2. May 29, 2020  
    It's plain & simple.
    If you were in the role of "Healer" for that specific dungeon and you won an item that attributed to your role - then you are fine.
    If you were, let's say a DPS with an OS in holy, but you did have a healer in your group who would need on the item as MS, then yes, you can banned for it.

3. May 29, 2020  
    Unless you had an ele shaman with you in the group I don't see who would have the use for a shield with spirit. Maybe warr/pala tank but since it is a shield with spirit you are gonna have the advantage as a healer, especially if it is an upgrade for you.

4. May 29, 2020  
    Thanks for the replies,

Although, my question hasn't been answered. I wouldn't mind putting some time and effort into this server but not if there are players that are abusing the report system. The server doesn't hide the fact it bans players as I see it popping up left and right on the world message.

I know I did not "ninja loot" and won an item that was viable for my spec. My question is, if we see this behavior at such a low level where the gear will be replaced in 30 minutes due to a 7x XP gain, what is this behavior like at 80?

Do I need to walk on egg shells when it comes to gear or am I seeing empty threats?

Thanks

5. May 29, 2020  
    My opinion on the lower level dungeons is, if you're willing to not care about loot rules at level 30, why would you care about the loot rules at level 80.

I tried to inform/educate a dude who ninja'd an item in RFD - just told him what he did and that it will get him into trouble later on if he does it - he proceeded to tell me to **** off, eat his ***, along with other insults. After that I reported him for ninja'ing. Didn't plan on it, but then he was a **** about it.

People only get uppity when you need for OS. Or like if you're healing and a piece of gear with hit drops and you need it - vice versa if you're dps and need a mp5 piece.

Overall it's not bad, just need on gear for your spec and you're fine.

6. May 29, 2020  
    what is this behavior like at 80?

Do I need to walk on egg shells when it comes to gear or am I seeing empty threats?
    If we are talking about RDF HC, you'll get an odd one here and there but generally nobody cares because everyone is pretty much outgearing those dungeons and are playing just for fun or emblems.
    General rule is that you don't need blue bind on equip items unless they are an upgrade. If you get an item that is raising your GS ignore the *****s since GM's are not stupid to ban someone just because they need an item to get better.

7. May 30, 2020  
    Thanks for the replies,

Although, my question hasn't been answered. I wouldn't mind putting some time and effort into this server but not if there are players that are abusing the report system. The server doesn't hide the fact it bans players as I see it popping up left and right on the world message.

I know I did not "ninja loot" and won an item that was viable for my spec. My question is, if we see this behavior at such a low level where the gear will be replaced in 30 minutes due to a 7x XP gain, what is this behavior like at 80?

Thanks
    A popular quote on this forum seems to be 'Only roll Need for upgrades on the spec you entered the dungeon with.'

As long as you adhere to that, you'll be fine.
    Usually the 'walk on egg shells' happens a bit more when you're trying to gear for OS (I know it doesn't feel natural for many people for their OS roll to be on the same priority as a Disenchant roll), but by that point you'd probably be able to find your OS gear from guild raids anyway (or have enough gear from those to queue on said OS, which allows you to Need safely).

But yeah, RDF HC is a bit 'riskier' in that regards as raids generally have Master Loot, so it's a more controlled environment.