1. June 1, 2020  

Lack of damage for my crogue.

Hello,

I play combat rogue on Lordaeron server and I have found out that I am doing way lower DPS then any other rogues. Of course I read some guides (main one was written by Fluffyinsect from Warmane), I use proper rotation, I have proper gemming and enchants, gear isn't that bad, but I do around 4-4.5k DPS on training dummy, it jumps to 5k when I use trinket/racial. My average DPS on 10man raid is around 6.5-7k, on 25man it's around 8k. I measured all my stats to find any disproportions, but everything seems fine. Maybe someone else know what am I doing wrong ? My guildmate does the same damage as me, but she is around 300gs lower (my actual GS is 5908).

Rotation I use most is pure Eviscarate, which means getting Slice'n'Dice up all the time, getting 4-5 combo points and releasing them with Eviscerate. I also tried a rotation with Rupture and less Eviscerate, but damage I do seems to be the same. Stats shouldn't be a problem, I actually have around 70% Armor Penetration (around 1000).

Link to my character : https://armory.warmane.com/character...daeron/summary

I am actually on my way to get Sharpened Twilight Scale and Deathbringer's Will as trinkets and replacing my actual wrists with Toskk Maximized Wrists.

I'm not trying to be top kek dps, but I know that my class can do better. If someone find any flaws, I will be very grateful for your opinion.

Cheers !

2. June 1, 2020  
    The dbw and sts are going to help immensely with your dps you'll find out, however, it would be clear to me that you did not read FluffyInsects guide that well... I've read it probably a dozen times, so I know it quite well and he specifically states that going evis build is a no-no unless you're near arpen capped, he recommends 85%+ I would beg to say even higher personally like 90%+, and 60% crit... Evis build is mainly for that, I see rogues going your evis way all the time it saddens me because it's not as strong as rupture especially when you dont meet those requirements. You should respec to rupture and take the rupture talent + rupture glyph (or ToT glyph if you have rogue partner to trade with). Your rotation is going to be keeping up rupture and slice and dice and filling in eviscerate when you have extra energy.

Do not forget that your opener plays a large roll in it too be sure to reread his guide on that part. Also I noticed you're on Lordaeron which is why the numbers seem smaller but you should be pulling something like 9-10k in a 25 man raid at 5.9k gs. Keep in mind that raid comp is everything... you're really looking for that 20% melee haste from FDK or Enhance Sham, the 10% AP aura from a few classes and all the generic buffs as well. If you go rupture spec (which you should since it's superior to evis) then having a feral in group (or arms warrior lol) will provide you the bleed debuff and extra damage as well.

When it comes to the poison setup portion of your talent tree, I see lots of people play with point weights into Vile Poisons/Improved Poisons but I really think the best setup is 1/4. 1 into Vile Poisons and 4 into Improved Poisons, maybe also try adjusting that. Not that it should make more than a couple hundred points of dps better but it will help boost you since with Vile Poisons you gain an extra 7% damage with all poisons and Instant Poison is usually top 3 in damage done.

Hope the info helps a little. Good luck.
    Edited: June 1, 2020

3. June 1, 2020  
    Hi,
    What the guy above me said and let's also add that your gem choice is weird (Meta gem and the blue gem 10 crit + 15 stamina are a big question mark). Also why are you sitting at 21 expertise?

So I bothered and procreated your gear (except i fixed the gemming). I went both ARP gem-build and agi-crit build. 5 mins of DPSing for both. I included 1 haste pot and all the debuffs/buffs(BL included) that are useful to a rogue. As for Glyphs I went Rup, SS and KS. IF you are trading with another rogue, you replace Rupture with ToTT Glyph.

Anyway here are the results. Before deadly poison started to mess with recount. I ended up at around 10.5k DPS.
    Using Nedlee instead of Mark yielded around 11.1-11.5k DPS
    Let's note that TotT trade would yield additional 3% or 5%(Glyphed) of DPS.

Agi-crit gemming

Arp gemming

Edit:
    1 more with Nedlee instead of Mark trinket
    Edited: June 2, 2020

4. June 2, 2020  
    Yep, guy above mentioned already. Having 21 expertise jut hit my eyes at first. IMO lack of expertise has bigger impact than choosing pure evi/rupture talents.

Please put into head meta gem +21 agi with increased crit dmg. It requires 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue gem. To cover this just put somewhere Nightmare tear. Then socket some extra expertise to have 26/26 and keep gem for hit in chest to be at 9 % like now.

Your both trinkets are questionable. I think banner + scorpion from FOS can much lower your GS and keep dps same as now. Of course It means you need again to figure out hit rating If putting away Mark of Supremacy. Go lower with those trinkets can boost your performance/GS aswell.

5. June 2, 2020  
    Your both trinkets are questionable. I think banner + scorpion from FOS can much lower your GS and keep dps same as now. Of course It means you need again to figure out hit rating If putting away Mark of Supremacy. Go lower with those trinkets can boost your performance/GS aswell.
    Why are trinkets questionable? HWT is like one of the better trinkets you can have till you get either HC Fang or DBW/Taij/STS.
    No Banner is bad you dont swap out a 245 ilvl tirnket for a 200ilvl one.
    Mark + HWT or HWT + Nedlee is fine.

6. June 2, 2020  
    Wow, I did not expect so many responses, especially from Fluffybully himself :) Thanks a lot for all those crucial tips, they help a lot. I have found that switching talents for Rupture + Rupture glyph helped, now I am working with proper gemming (indeed I picked up wrong meta gem). I have dropped a Gloaming Sark chest from RS10 which fixed my expertise (now I have 31 expertise).

One question for you Fluffy - when you used Needle Encrusted Scorpion as second trinket, it gave you even more dps (from crits) but how did you fill that lack of hit rating from Mark of Supremacy removal ? Gems ?

Big thanks for you all, especially for you Fluffy for such an effort to solve my problem. You are the best :P

7. June 2, 2020  
    Wow, I did not expect so many responses, especially from Fluffybully himself :) Thanks a lot for all those crucial tips, they help a lot. I have found that switching talents for Rupture + Rupture glyph helped, now I am working with proper gemming (indeed I picked up wrong meta gem). I have dropped a Gloaming Sark chest from RS10 which fixed my expertise (now I have 31 expertise).

One question for you Fluffy - when you used Needle Encrusted Scorpion as second trinket, it gave you even more dps (from crits) but how did you fill that lack of hit rating from Mark of Supremacy removal ? Gems ?

Big thanks for you all, especially for you Fluffy for such an effort to solve my problem. You are the best :P
    Well yes gems how else? Also why would you replace T10 chest with RS one? You overcap yourself with Expertise and lose ARP..?

Assuming you have the Nedlee gem(replace 2 enchants as well) yourself like this:

Head:
    - Meta: 21 Agi 3% increased crit
    - Red: 20 ARP
    Neck:
    - 20 Crit gem
    Shoulders:
    - 20 ARP
    Cloak:
    - 20 Crit gem
    Chest:
    - 20 Expertise
    - 20 Crit gem
    Wrist:
    - 10 Agi 10 Hit
    Hands: 20 Agi enchant
    - 2x 20 Hit
    Waist:
    - 20 Hit
    - 20 Arp
    - 20 Hit
    Legs:
    - 20 Arp
    - 20 Hit
    - 10 All stats
    Feet: Icewalker enchant
    - 2x 20 Crit
    Ring1:
    - 20 Hit
    Ring2:
    - 20 Hit
    Main Hand weapon:
    - 20 Expertise

Your stats should end up looking like this:

That's my last 2 cents to you, read the guide properly, as then you cant screw up gemming, rotation.

Edit: I forgot that you are an Orc.
    Edited: June 2, 2020