1. June 1, 2020  

Rogue or Warrior for PvE and PvP

Hey guys I was wondering what is the best PvP and PvE (mostly) class between this two. Which one is more satisfying to play ? Which one have more DPS in PvE ? Who look cooler ? And who is easier in PvE ?

2. June 1, 2020  
    Both have pros and cons, Rogue playstyle in PvP is very different then any other class, it's unique and if you like it you're going to get hooked, Warriors are the top dog in Arenas, high damage output and if you master the stance dancing, a force to be reckoned with.

For PvE Rogues can be both Combat and Assasination, I've seen both speccs do very well but the highest 2 Pro Rogues I know of have been combat, When you get arp capped, up to BiS gear you will do amasing damage with rogue in PvE, Warriors are very much the same once you get Arp cap. Once you learn your class you will be at the top of the damage.

I have both classes and played them a lot, Rogues are much harder in PvE but less dependent on raid buffs for high damage output, With my warrior I beg for a Feral druid every raid to maximise my damage (and they are rare).

Boss fights like marrowgar where warriors can cleave and whirlwind the spikes they tend to shine, but on solo target boss fights fester and rotface are to the rogues advantage. I'm very close to BiS (without shadowmourne) on my warrior and not many stats differ, 6,5k Gs. My Rogue which is 6,3K Gs can out dps my warrior, very dependent on how much you crit though, but in general from having rogues at 6,4k + they out dps my warrior every time, unless I can cleave adds, like LK, Lady, Marrowgar, little bit on sindi tombs.
    People often say Warrior is the top dog in PvE but without that Shadowmourne your not and you can manipulate the "Recount" numbers from cleaving but that's it.
    Rogues have a much higher single target damage and with Blade flurry + Killing spree you have an insane AoE damage CD for a short time, Their weakness is they have to stay on target 24/7 and changing targets and loosing combo points.
    Rogues have a much higher skill cap in PvE while warriors are pretty simple to be honest, Your arm and fingers will cramp from smashing buttons as warrior.

In the end though, it all depends on what boss fight you are doing, Warriors will do better on some and Rogues with do better on others.
    Edited: June 1, 2020

3. June 1, 2020  
    I have a ret pally for pvp is he similar to warr in pvp?

4. June 1, 2020  
    well yes and no, Ret paladins are easyer, Warriors weakness in pvp is they can't get out of slow effects, you can slow the enemy though, and charge, to some extend. Retri paladins are better for 1v1 but they dont have any Healing reduce effects so they lack the tools to kill healers effectively, Warriors have about the same damage output (little lower) but with healing reduce aswell.
    In PvP a discussion between classes can go on and on... and on and on until the end of days, but to keep it simple i'll settle with that.

5. June 1, 2020  
    Retribution paladins are one-man armies in world PvP and battlegrounds. Unless you find a pocket healers, warriors will feel like half a class compared to your ret pally. It is hard to play a rogue well in group fights --- one mistake and you're dead. That's why it's usually bad news when your team is stacked with rogues. Why not try them both out on Blackrock?

6. June 2, 2020  
    So, I was playing retri + SM, warrior + SM and rogue over 6k gs, I'll tell You how it looks from my perspective.

Paladin with SM have really massive dps in pve, its quite easy to aoe, rotation is easy af (or skill prio). With SM they are really just a half of inch behind top dpsers (which are rogues, wars, mages). For pvp, its double-edged blade. Running on Your horse, enabling wings, hitting judgment + meele+dmg from judgment, while all crits, can take mid geared player from 100% to 20%. For low geared players, its like insta death. They have a lot of utilities, stun removal, root removal etc. HOWEVER, what I hated about it - healers are lauging at me. Yes, there were few cases when I destroyed healer as well (cooldowns+trins pop matched etc), but its quite impossible vs quite good healer in 1v1.

Warrior with SM is totally beast in pve with good gear. Get arp cap and Your damage is insanem specially if You have some adds to cleave. I agree with others saying on single target boss, bis rogue can outdps bis warrior, even with SM. They are still in top 3 dps classes for sure. I love their T10 bonuses cause its all rounded near MOAR DMG. Just like warrior playstyle in pve, You dont have much to do - all You can do is maximize Your dps and its nice (No stupid utilities like paladin or tricks of trade/combo points as rogue). For pvp, its tricky. With some great crits and endurance he is really beast, specially with healer aside. However, You may or may not like stance dance, as well as weapon switch. Good timed bladestorm is satisfying af tho.

Rogue is specific. In pve You gotta concentrate near combo points. Its easier than it seems tho. I dont like his t10 bonuses and You gotta use trick of trades from time to time. His dmg on single target boss is totally sick and Id said with bis gear he can even be above warriors/mages/paladins. His burst with adrenaline rush and blade flurry is absurd, I dont see anyone who can come near rogue on single target while he pops his CD. In pvp, he is different than war / pala. You may like it or not, cause he is assassin. You cant just rush in like as pala or war. However, choosing target while being in stealth mode, assassintating from behind, critting enormous numbers and teleporting with Shadowstep is so satysfying, feels like heaven. And RIP for all low/mid geared chars, while You just SS+Ambush+BS+evi them in like 1,5s, taking em down from 100-0.

So all 3 have good and bad sides, in the end its up to You, what matches Your playstyle best. You literally cant pick anything bad here.