1. June 2, 2020  

I had strangest experience on raid last night

I play this game for 15 years on original and half dozen private servers, I have 15 well geared characters on Icecrown and recently started to play on Frostmourne, I have 3 geared toons there. You may say that I've been on lots of raids. I've seen ppl bend or brake the rules any possible way. But what happen last night...

I was on VoA25 raid (Frostmourne) as warrior tank. All went well, no one dies, we killed the boss. Among the drop there was warrior PvP hands. There was 2 warriors in raid - me as tank and another as dps. Surprisingly the raid leader ask dps warr if he want the item, he said yes and he give it to him without roll them first. I ask him why we didnt roll for it, RL said that its his main spec and I cant roll for it. I try to explain to him that there is no tank PvP items and for that reason tanks and dps use same items for PvP. He said "My raid - My rules" and if I want to roll for PvP items to come as dps.

What do you think?

2. June 2, 2020  
    It seems to me like an unfortunate misunderstanding and poor knowledge on the RL's part. I don't feel as if there is sufficient proof to assume ninja-ing (unless, say, they are from the same guild, in which you can make a case for the motive), but if it bothers you that much you can try reporting via an ingame ticket. Not sure if there's anything else you can do, except maybe make it clear the next time you go into VoA.

From a personal standpoint, however, I think that you should have been allowed to roll.

3. June 2, 2020  
    You would roll for it in my raid. Main spec and offspec make sense when there are e.g. pvp agility gloves for druid and there are 2 druids, one resto and other one feral.

4. June 2, 2020  
    What if that resto druid offspec is pvp feral? He is supposed to make pve feral spec to get the gear?

5. June 2, 2020  
    All he needs to do is to tell everybody he will roll for feral items instead of resto items before the raid starts. Or you don't ask about MS changes in your raids?
    Warrior doesn't have much choice since there is only one version of PvP gloves.

For VoA I personally even know who will roll for PvP items and who won't. Just to avoid these situations.

6. June 2, 2020  
    All he needs to do is to tell everybody he will roll for feral items instead of resto items before the raid starts.
    No, he has to tell everybody that he wants to do that and everybody has to be okay with that.

7. June 2, 2020  
    Maybe he needed the PvP item for an actual uppgrade even for his PvE set?
    I remember when these "rules" started taking place, it was normal that people got prio to PvP items if they were playing that specc, then these "rules" about whoever can roll pvp items came to place, I was against it at the time because ANYONE can roll on ANY PvP item even if they have 0 honor kills while the other guy who has couple of thousand of honor kills dosen't get it. And leaders does jack **** to inspect if those people actually even have any pvp items or even ANY items for offspecc at all, after all people in raids, specially pugs are ****ing greedy as ****, they roll on whatever they can just because "ohh an epic". I'll bet that theres thousands of players out there with a whole boatload of items for offspecc they wount ever use.
    Edited: June 2, 2020

8. June 2, 2020  
    All he needs to do is to tell everybody he will roll for feral items instead of resto items before the raid starts. Or you don't ask about MS changes in your raids?
    Warrior doesn't have much choice since there is only one version of PvP gloves.

For VoA I personally even know who will roll for PvP items and who won't. Just to avoid these situations.
    I usually let roll PvP items for any one of spec, simply because pve healer can have dps pvp spec with which he wont be able to join and do his part in raid. Begging everyone to gain basic chance to roll for PvP spec just because your PvE spec is something else to me seems pretty unfair. And no, I don't give any special advantage to people with more HK's, and if that item sits in his bank - doesn't matter to me, he earned it.

9. June 2, 2020  
    No, he has to tell everybody that he wants to do that and everybody has to be okay with that.
    I am not sure why you take it out of context because I have said "before the raid starts". And if people don't like it, they can leave the raid and not be saved in the instance. Or if more people don't like it, then the resto druid wouldn't be allowed to roll for feral items and he could leave the raid and not be saved in the instance. But the agreement is always made BEFORE the raid starts.

10. June 2, 2020  
    I am not sure why you take it out of context because I have said "before the raid starts". And if people don't like it, they can leave the raid and not be saved in the instance. Or if more people don't like it, then the resto druid wouldn't be allowed to roll for feral items and he could leave the raid and not be saved in the instance. But the agreement is always made BEFORE the raid starts.
    Nothing was taken out of context. When it's said isn't the point, the fact is simply saying you will do it is irrelevant. People have to agree with it, the raid leader has to make it official, and the rule will probably be valid for everyone, not just for you. If people don't like it, it's YOU who leave the raid, not everyone else.

11. June 2, 2020  
    Nothing was taken out of context. When it's said isn't the point, the fact is simply saying you will do it is irrelevant. People have to agree with it, the raid leader has to make it official, and the rule will probably be valid for everyone, not just for you. If people don't like it, it's YOU who leave the raid, not everyone else.
    I am not sure what are you talking about...I said "in my raid" which means that I am the raidmaster.
    Raidmaster set the rules when composing the raid and players are free to join or not to join if they don't like the rules. People agree with this by joining the raid. The point is to tell the rules everyone before the raid and not during or after the raid.

12. June 2, 2020  
    I am not sure what are you talking about...I said "in my raid" which means that I am the raidmaster.
    Raidmaster set the rules when composing the raid and players are free to join or not to join if they don't like the rules. People agree with this by joining the raid. The point is to tell the rules everyone before the raid and not during or after the raid.
    Raid leaders can't set all the rules or whatever rules they want because Warmane has its own rules which can overrule the raid leader's rule that will end up getting you banned. You are limited to set only few rules regarding the loot as a raid leader before the raid starts or before the 1st boss encounter.

13. June 2, 2020  
    Maybe he needed the PvP item for an actual uppgrade even for his PvE set?
    I remember when these "rules" started taking place, it was normal that people got prio to PvP items if they were playing that specc, then these "rules" about whoever can roll pvp items came to place, I was against it at the time because ANYONE can roll on ANY PvP item even if they have 0 honor kills while the other guy who has couple of thousand of honor kills dosen't get it. And leaders does jack **** to inspect if those people actually even have any pvp items or even ANY items for offspecc at all, after all people in raids, specially pugs are ****ing greedy as ****, they roll on whatever they can just because "ohh an epic". I'll bet that theres thousands of players out there with a whole boatload of items for offspecc they wount ever use.
    If you take PvP item as upgrade for PvE set, then tank have advantage to roll for it because ressilence act as defense (decrease chance to get critical hit) and PvP items have more stamina than regular item.

14. June 2, 2020  
    Raid leaders can't set all the rules or whatever rules they want because Warmane has its own rules which can overrule the raid leader's rule that will end up getting you banned. You are limited to set only few rules regarding the loot as a raid leader before the raid starts or before the 1st boss encounter.
    The whole discussion here is about loot rules so I don't know why are you bringing "some other rules". Not to mention that everything I mentioned is in boundaries of warmane rules. And the second part of your answer is exactly what I said. Again I have no idea what are you trying to say.

Yet none of you offered your opinion or advice to FiFito...good job.

For other smartas*es, these are the warmane rules:

What qualifies as ninja?
    - Master Looter taking items that were not reserved or giving them to players that did not win, unless it's 2nd highest roll when winner had no use for the item (rogue rolling on caster trinket).
    - Changing looting rules during the raid, after it has started.
    Example: You joined a raid that was being advertised as one with no reserved items and after first boss raid leader says that he reserves item x from last boss.
    - Player exploiting game bug to bypass master loot. In such cases it is best if master looter would fill report that shows player leaving the raid and empty loot window.
    - Player need rolling (group loot) on items which he cannot even use.
    - In RDF needing on items for OS (unless everyone in party is explictly fine with this).
    - Need rolling for other players to have 2 or more roll chances at one item.
    - Kicking players from raid for no reason, especially before distributing loot from boss kill that they participated in.

15. June 2, 2020  
    If I recall right there was a big thread about ninja looting rules a while back, where 1 guy asked if it was ok to "reserv every single item that drops" and he got the answer from a forum mod that it's totally fine, if he can even get people for the raid with those loot rules, also loot rules like that should be posted in the global message, not right before first boss after people wasted a lot of time waiting for raid to fill, that's just a douche move.

Yet none of you offered your opinion or advice to FiFito...good job.
    There's a lot of opinions posted in this thread, the reason no one knows for sure is because the "ninja looting policy" has loopholes all over it.

12 Last