1. June 3, 2020  

/stopcasting & Pyroblast is it worth it?

Initially, I thought it would be worthwhile create a macro like this to instacast Pyro whenever it proceed:

/stopcasting
    /cast Pyroblast
    /stopcasting

with the second /stopcasting in place to avoid hardcasting a Pyro. However, I have noticed that it's possible to clip your fireball with this command (especially using Quartz)

One of it's benefits is being able to refresh the 2pc T10 bonus if another Hotstreak proc occurs while it is up.

Is the stopcasting macro worth it, or is it better to just go with the regular pyro spell overall?

2. June 3, 2020  
    Nope, not worth it. The only way the other hot streak procs when the first is up is on living bomb explosion so just watch for procs right before and dont start a new cast if you have a proc on you.
    Other than that you never overlap hot streaks even if you've started a new cast - it takes 2 crits, so 2 casts at least.

3. June 4, 2020  
    Thank you, I'm gonna keep both bound and primarily use the non-macroed one to see.

Any other feedback welcome mages

4. June 4, 2020  
    As stated above, once hot streak procs, it takes at least 2 casts for it to proc again. You're not in any particular rush to use the hotstreak proc, so therefore it's not worth using a /stopcast macro.

The most important thing you should be aiming for as a DPS to improve your damage output is uptime: You always want to be casting something 100% of the time, or on the global cooldown. Using a stopcast macro hurts your uptime heavily. Movement management, mana management, and similar other skills all play into increasing your total uptime.

That said, using the correct rotation is also important, but in this case you won't waste a hot streak by pressing it 1 spell late by accident, if throughout a fight you get 30 hotstreak procs, you'll still land 30 pyroblasts. May as well go for higher uptime.

5. June 8, 2020  
    Getting rid of the /stopcasting macro has caused a seismic increase in DPS. To the tune of around 2000 overall.