1. Macro / Addon

Hi!

I want to switch between Find Herbs and Find Minerals so I can farm both at the same time.

Can I use a Lua Script in a macro to do that or can I be banned for it?

Also, can I use addons from https://www.curseforge.com/ for the same purpose or can it lead to a ban aswell?

~Verbalis
    Edited: June 12, 2020

2. Super safe way to do it would be:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence Find Herbs, Find Minerals

3. Super safe way to do it would be:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence Find Herbs, Find Minerals
    The thing with that macro is that it's still Lua code anyways. Wow commands run Lua code on the background.
    The only difference is that the other script is more complex and allows it to be automatic.
    I am not using any external files or anything to run it.
    I can use it in Wow by default.
    I'm just making sure there is no dumb rule that can get me banned for using something the game allows by default

4. One click = one action was the original rule set by Blizz and Warmane most likely follow this rule.
    So if you physically press the button and each press/release is triggering one action you should be fine.

Using anything that would cycle this sequence OhieMitzen posted for you would be automation -> ban.

5. One click = one action was the original rule set by Blizz and Warmane most likely follow this rule.
    So if you physically press the button and each press/release is triggering one action you should be fine.

Using anything that would cycle this sequence OhieMitzen posted for you would be automation -> ban.
    Thanks for your reply!

The rules say things about 3rd party software and unfair advantages over other players.

Regarding 3rd party software it should be clear that a macro doesn't rely on 3rd party software.

Regarding unfair advantage, Lua scripts are available to everyone and, in my opinion, should be treated just as an extension to the game.
    Addon's are nothing more than Lua scripts.
    Take Gladius for example.
    Players who use it have a clear advantage over other players.
    However, you can't be banned for using Gladius addon. At least I haven't heard of it. Anyways, it would be silly if it happened.
    It simply enhances your perception of the environment in order to optimize your gameplay.

In a similar fashion, the macro I talked about also enhances my perception of the environment in such a way that I can optimize my farming.

So, if using Gladius isn't considered an unfair advantage, using this macro or any addon that implements some sort of script similar to it also shouldn't be considered an unfair advantage and thus using it shouldn't be something you should be banned for.

However, this is just my opinion.
    As I play on this server and I don't own it I have to abide by the rules.

So, if any Administrator could give me feedback on this issue it would be highly appreciated.

6. Macros and addons have limitations set by Blizzard. For example, certain actions can not be made without a key press from the player. That's why they are allowed and 3rd party software rule doesn't apply to them.

There is an old post by a staff member here: https://forum.warmane.com/showthread...=1#post2511380

You could make a turbo button that would spam the macro while you hold a button pressed. But if you make it spam the macro without you pressing and holding a button, that might be considered botting and could lead to a ban.