1. Farming vanilla / tbc raids for money

I've seen people say you can farm old content for money but I can't work out how - me and some friends cleared ZG and some others and the gold drops from bosses and trash was barely worth it, even with vendoring and disenchanting etc. Is there a knack to it / something were missing? Can't find any guides beyond "you can do these for money"

2. On Icecrown (better gear ofc) I used to solo MC as a prot paladin for around 2.5k purely in gold drops off bosses I think. Took a little while though. Bring a friend to significantly reduce the time (but also the money). Not to mention some mats out of there sell for a decent amount.

3. Really depends on what you're farming. Gold drops are nice when you're doing a 40 man raid by yourself, but you make more with the DE/BOE/etc. If that stuff sells, it largely depends on if ppl want what it drops.

TBC stuff sells because currently Mongoose enchant is BIS for all tanks. Once Ulduar comes out, it will be BIS only for Bear tanks. People leveling enchanting need mats that are harder to come by, such as large prismatics. They aren't super difficult to find, but thousands of people are farming RDF heroics for dream shards, and maybe a few dozen do TBC content which drop the large prismatics. It's supply and demand. Flood the market and the price will tank.

In ZG you're gonna get a lot of blues, which don't sell for a ton because it's so easy to farm 5 man dungeons for the same items. In my experience if you're gonna farm lvl 60 content, faster and more efficient to do 5 man dungeons unless you're doing MC or maybe AQ20. BWL+ will require more than just 1 person.

Another example, today while I was leveling an alt, I did a full clear of BRD. I looted all the gem bags and DE'd all the stuff that dropped. I got about 300g worth of mats and about 35 stacks of runecloth. Took very little effort, and I wasn't trying to make gold, just level my alt.