1. My experience so far. (3-4 months in)

Since I play alliance, Horde experience will vary.

In the beginning, the server will feel abandoned, because majority of players are 90 and doing 90 things. That's completely fine, because the journey to 90 is not that difficult if you played this expansion before. You can que RDF during your leveling, but don't expect to join one unless you're playing with 5 friends. Overall, people will be helpful, and if you ask appropriately, they will aid you. Just don't beg, and you will be fine.

You will encounter some disconnections during your leveling, and sometimes fall through a floor or two, but the website has an unstuck feature, which nullifies that issue. (falling through the floor is still an issue) Some locations have really buggy areas which will play with your mind, and some of the flight paths will force you to relog to regain control of your character. Fortunately, all of these things have a simple cure until they are permanently fixed. Someone thought ahead when they released this.

Not all quests are fucntional, but the majority is doable, and some even finish the quest automatically if you wait a moment. There is some convenience in that, and I hope they apply this type of function to all non-working quests until they get fixed. Most dailies work as well. Infact, there is a popular way to finish 78-80 by doing the argent tournament, seeing as they are all available to complete.

I believe half of the Cata dungeons do not work, as i've tried entering them and no dice, but the ones that do work, work well. I have not experienced a single dungeon in Pandaria yet, but that was by choice, but there is plenty of shouts for RDF at level 90, so I assume most are functional.

Wintergrasp is not functional, neither is tol barad (correct me if I'm wrong please), which is a shame, because some of those honor quests would help new characters catch up.

surprisingly, we have a market, and I feel very confused by this, but there are demands for several things out there. I've recently provided some food items to someone who needed them, so there is value in gathering if you choose to do it. Transmog is very popular at the moment, and people are always trying to sell their things for someone else's looks. At the moment, there seems to be a high demand for leatherworking and blacksmithing, so for anyone looking to join the market, this would be a good start.

The people are generally friendly. Everyone always tries to start up events for world bosses or heroics. Everyone seems to be welcome, as long as you can pull your own weight, unlike icecrown. We have guilds who invite new players to help them catch up, and recently, I've spotted a guild which is trying to revive this community with old players joining. So, overall, the activity is very visible, and I am seeing more people daily.

After hitting 90, I am bombarded with things to do, and unable to decide my destinations on a daily basis. I generally like to stretch my time, but only if I found something profitable to do. Recently, I've spent far too much time on this server, because I've found several things I can do, but not enough time to do them all.

Bgs are very active. Someone is always spamming to join and I know a handful personally that do join daily. Being cross faction, it helps for a que to begin. World pvp is a joke, but you already knew that going in. (yes, people do attack you if they feel their time is not wasted)

Overall, from my experience, I've found a reason to stay. It's a different environment than icecrown, and everyone secretly already knows each other, which makes for some pretty humorous conversations. People will simply appreciate that you have chosen to play here and fill a role someone needed to. Worth giving it a try in my opinion.

As a side note: "is this a dead server?" has become a meme here. It basically starts a conversation and gets global chat to become active. Try it sometime.
    Edited: June 20, 2020

2. Thank you for sharing. Mop is the only expansion that makes me come back. We used to be more players but I prefer a small but tight community and familiar players unlike Icecrown where nobody knows each other.The PVP is definitely something you can't get anywhere else. I do a couple of bgs and sell some stuff on the auction every week. They just need to slowly fix bugs and content and the server will be fine. When someone ask me if the server is good, I just tell them I enjoy playing here. See you in game Allysuks/Abysmal !

3. catch up with timeless isle chests which contain 496 gear (NPC chromie can teleport you, then get flight path),
    and opening isle of thunder which has pve quests (for armor upgrades) and pvp for 375 honor daily
    there is also 150 honor from 3 quests in grizzly hills (venture bay).
    so you dont have to start bgs naked

the isle of thunder can be unlocked with a fairly low geared 90, make sure you finish the scenario
    or you will be bugged.
    you fall off mount at beginning but just wait it out, and you may die a few times if too low geared but any class can finish it low.

tip: on timeless isle you can use a add on the see all chests on map
    just search "handynotes timeless 5.4.8" on google

you can go to timeless after 85 and get all chests solo, but you will die many many times
    but its well worth it
    make sure to go in the cave with the ghosts and get the crystal of insanity
    which drops from the blue crystals, at low level i would run in, die then ress past the mob usually you get it within 5 minutes in there this is a item which boosts all your stats by 500 and is non consumable
    Edited: June 21, 2020

4. i mean if a guild would help me level id join rn and download it . id even pick a class/spec they wanted/need

5. I got no specific questions other than, is it safe to invest time into mop realm at this time?

I see devs work a bit on it and fix things, but I am afraid of closure just like neltharion happened or even the big molten to warmane shift where characters were lost.
    Would love to try it for a bit but low numbers may imply closure notice at any time and effort spent would feel bad then.

6. they are working on things, and there is no plans to close it.
    it is also by far the most interesting expansion here. leveling and gearing is no problem
    if you have a brain or google
    no one here is asking for a higher gearscore/ilvl then the raid drops either.

7. I got no specific questions other than, is it safe to invest time into mop realm at this time?

I see devs work a bit on it and fix things, but I am afraid of closure just like neltharion happened or even the big molten to warmane shift where characters were lost.
    Would love to try it for a bit but low numbers may imply closure notice at any time and effort spent would feel bad then.
    That's completely up to you. When I started, like I mentioned, it felt abandoned. As you progress though, you will notice the numbers appearing much more frequently. People are always pushing to do something and the server itself is fairly active. The community has decided that Horde does have MORE of a community than alliance, and I play alliance, so I'm actually wondering what the experience might be on Horde.

Play if you want to, but we're still receiving changes without notice. It's not reported, but fixes happen.

8. the horde is actively doing raiding and has a couple populated guilds
    with some good people in them.
    i dont see much on the allie side except the one pvp guild

9. Valesia, I get what you are doing, I think it's great. I just dont think it will work. What can we do if the server isnt profitable for the staff? Should we donate for nothing like begging for attention? I would do it

10. Valesia, I get what you are doing, I think it's great. I just dont think it will work. What can we do if the server isnt profitable for the staff? Should we donate for nothing like begging for attention? I would do it
    This server is funded by icecrown/frostmourne. You have nothing to worry about. Frostmourne is going to become a consistent profit, so don't worry about funds. What people need to do is, upvote some of the things on bugtracker, so that they have weight to them. Show activity and let them decide what resources they can apply here. Regardless of what they do, I know where I'm staying.