1. Fresh 80 druid new to WoW

Hey guys,

This is basically my first lvl 80 character and I’m a bit confused on how to spec and gear my druid for PvE. I’m torn if I should spec to a Boomkin or stay as Feral and gear as a tank. Both specs are interesting but which one is more noob-friendly for me starting out? I read bear tanks are one of the best tanks in the game and really rewarding to play but I’m not confident to lead raids. Should I just be a Boomkin and try to learn the ins and outs of raids and raid strategy from afar? Thanks!

2. Hey guys,

This is basically my first lvl 80 character and I’m a bit confused on how to spec and gear my druid for PvE. I’m torn if I should spec to a Boomkin or stay as Feral and gear as a tank. Both specs are interesting but which one is more noob-friendly for me starting out? I read bear tanks are one of the best tanks in the game and really rewarding to play but I’m not confident to lead raids. Should I just be a Boomkin and try to learn the ins and outs of raids and raid strategy from afar? Thanks!
    Hi,
    there is "Dual-spec" option - you can buy this for 1000g at your class trainer and then you can swap between two specs, co you could do both unless you want to save one for pvp or something.

Tank spec is really good for gearing pre-raid - much shorter que to farm dungeons for emblems to buy starter set.

Both are desirable for raids. Boomking is easy and bear is the simpliest tank to play. It has very basic rotation, and not many defensives (one of them has short cd, so its not like you miss defensives, its just less thinking about which one to use when) - that allows you to focus on other things. That being said, that other things, like boss positioning, taunt switching, etc are important. You can't really learn it all without doing it (you can and should read all about boss abilities and tactics and watch some videos, but actually doing it is different), same goes for boomking, but mistakes on tank are way more serious (raid-wipe, vs your death).

In either case it is by far easier to do with a guild - try to find one.

3. Thanks for the advice jendah! I might spec to Balance and probably spec restoration once i have the money for dual spec thanks!