1. (Transmog) A way to acquire items that no longer exists

Hi,

I have searched but not managed to find a transmog topic specifically about items that no longer exist in the game. There are quite a few items from Vanilla (and TBC too?) that no longer exists in WotLK, that would be cool to have for transmog purposes. Now I understand and agree that transmog items should be "hard" to get, otherwise there won't be any uniqueness to having a rare transmog set for example. I understand the drawbacks of implementing some kind of NPC where you can buy whatever transmog item you want for like 1000g / piece.

At the same time, it's a bit of a shame that there are some really cool transmog sets that are simply impossible to get because either all the items, or some of the associated items of the set, is no longer available.

Example: The lvl 60 Naxxramas Icebane Plate set consisted of 7 item parts. Now only the chest, waist & feet remains available in WotLK through Blacksmithing. The entire set used to be available through the old lvl 60 naxxramas, where there was a vendor in the raid that would teach you the blacksmithing recipes. This would be one of the coolest looking transmogs for a DK like myself, but the dream fell short as soon as I discovered the above.

I do not currently have any fantastic idea of a system that I can propose. I do however think it should be hard and long way to get ones hands on one of these "non-existing" items. Maybe adding them to the loot tables for Naxxramas bosses in 25 man, with very low drop rates, like 0.1%?

I would love to hear other people's opinions, is this something you think should be implemented?

EDIT: This would apply for Lordaeron, as unlike Blackrock for example, you can't buy these items in the store.
    Edited: June 23, 2020

2. as the old naxx quests still work in wotlk naxx (tested on my tailor) simply adding the materials required to complete the turn-in quests in Light's hope to the loot tables for bosses / trash could allow players to obtain said transmog items through raiding current naxx

3. You can buy the old t3 from Coin shop, Sell some gold on trade and you got it.

4. @Islingr - Didn't know the quests worked still. In that case, yeah it would be enough if the associated materials could be acquired somehow.

@Disktrasa - I'm playing on Lordaeron, and one cannot buy any t3 or armor items at all there.