1. Is vanishing spells only on the blackrock realm?

Playing on frostmourne realm, I've noticed that vanishing spells or hunter shots before they hit me, still hit me. Unlike on the blackrock server. Is this for anyone else? Intentional?

2. I haven't had any trouble with vanishing spells. not sure if it used to work with hunter shots but i wouldn't expect it to. the only trouble with vanishing spells i've had is that it's extremely ping dependant.

3. its the same on Icecrown.
    chances to successfully vanish stuff feels way higher on blackrock than any other realm. feels like its a different core but idk. maybe just less latency bcus less people?

4. Vanishing does work fine on Icecrown, the issue I think is that the delay is very short on Warmane. In the car community, we call our intuition of untested horsepower gains as our "butt dyno", and using that term in a WoW scenario, my butt dyno tells me the delay is between 100-150ms, which is far below what blizzards was set up like. They had random intervals between 1-400ms, based on how far along that 400ms tick was when you used your ability. This made vanishing spells far more forgiving.

With 100ms, I am completely incapable of vanishing enemy rogue's blinds on reaction, even focusing hard on it. I've been using the vanish mechanic like this for 10 years, so It's just a matter of the latency being too high. The ping has to travel to the server and back, so I believe your real MS will be double what is displayed on the UI, though I could be mistaken there, meaning I have about a .2 second delay after pressing a button for it to work.

Even using /cast [@exists, harm] vanish does not work with 100ms, which basically allows your vanish to automatically fire off the moment someone casts a spell on you if you have no target, so this fully takes player reaction time out of the equation. If mousewheel spamming vanish with a macro can't respond fast enough to vanish a spell with 100ms, it seems like their delay is definitely set below 200ms, making it extremely difficult to do things that were easily possible on retail unless you have under 50ms.

Side note, I vanished a kill shot on icecrown yesterday, it does work. The flight time of a projectile is determined the moment its casted, so if there's any distance change, like you and the hunter closing distance, the shot will register after it hits you. If you're moving away from them and gaining distance when they take the shot, it will register many yards before it physically hits you.

Edit: also, the Blackrock core is identical to the other server cores since they did the cross realm BG/Arena merge, as far as I'm aware. The core immediately felt slower, and game mechanics changed right when they did the merge. One huge example was if you spammed sap on a rogue right as they vanished, they would get sapped as they left combat and the vanish would get wasted. This is no longer possible since crossrealm. It is a shame really, as the AT core definitely felt better than Warmane's does, but I imagine it wouldn't be possible for crossrealm to function unless all the participating cores were identical.
    Edited: September 18, 2020

5. Edit: also, the Blackrock core is identical to the other server cores since they did the cross realm BG/Arena merge, as far as I'm aware. The core immediately felt slower, and game mechanics changed right when they did the merge. One huge example was if you spammed sap on a rogue right as they vanished, they would get sapped as they left combat and the vanish would get wasted. This is no longer possible since crossrealm. It is a shame really, as the AT core definitely felt better than Warmane's does, but I imagine it wouldn't be possible for crossrealm to function unless all the participating cores were identical.
    Playing with very low latency, such as <10 ms, it happens to me VERY VERY OFTEN to vanish, but still getting hit by spells. (Like i'm vanishing, bang, got out of stealth + blinded, for example). Sometimes, the spell is canceled, but still you get out of stealth for some reasons.
    Concerning sapping vanishes, i created a rogue myself just to sap vanishes in duels. It works 100% if you anticipate and spam sap hard enough. Turned out that Rogue became my main, and I do this quite often even in arena. Many people insult me "Cheater, i'll report you" and so on. Never saw any report over here tbh.

Anyway, sap vanishes works perfectly. Vanishing spells is kinda weird.

Justabiitch.

6. Vanish i believe it works proprely what it doesnt work proprely is Cloak, every single time, you cloak a DK can disease you, even tho you got 90% to resist any incomming magic / damage / debuff wtv....

7. Vanish i believe it works proprely what it doesnt work proprely is Cloak, every single time, you cloak a DK can disease you, even tho you got 90% to resist any incomming magic / damage / debuff wtv....
    And sometimes the cloak works that you get 100% immunity against anything lmao, it's a spell that is either working correctly or that 10% is just not liking you.

8. I haven't had any trouble with vanishing spells. not sure if it used to work with hunter shots but i wouldn't expect it to. the only trouble with vanishing spells i've had is that it's extremely ping dependant.
    ye, have the same problem on icecrown, vanish simply doesnt work. One time, arcane mage used slow on me while i was vanishing, and it got me out of stealth, which should be imposible: if i vanished before his cast , he shouldnt be able to target me, if i vanished after cast, vanish should remove it... One important thing is, on icecrown you can vanish vs pet in sprint, it stays on you and instantly hits which makes enha shaman your worst enemy. Sadly, we cant buy shadowmourne so warmane doesnt care much about rogues. All plate classes are boosted on this server, its fact.

9. ye, have the same problem on icecrown, vanish simply doesnt work. One time, arcane mage used slow on me while i was vanishing, and it got me out of stealth, which should be imposible: if i vanished before his cast , he shouldnt be able to target me, if i vanished after cast, vanish should remove it... One important thing is, on icecrown you can vanish vs pet in sprint, it stays on you and instantly hits which makes enha shaman your worst enemy. Sadly, we cant buy shadowmourne so warmane doesnt care much about rogues. All plate classes are boosted on this server, its fact.
    Your cryouts are boosted or you wanna have several "fck everything" buttons that let you ignore tools of other classes?
    For the record, pets "charge" is applied to you the moment it casts, just like warriors "charge/intercept"

10. For the record, pets "charge" is applied to you the moment it casts, just like warriors "charge/intercept"
    He didn't say a word about pet charge though?

11. He did. "Pets in sprint" can not be anything else. Why? Well, cuz spirit wolfes also have "spirit leap" which he is mistaking for sprint. Sprint is available for all pets, yet noone would take it (wasting precise talent point of per), and for ones who don't know how spirit wolfes work it clearly seems like they do it under "sprint", when in reality it is "charge/leap".

12. Lol dude, sprint and charge are 2 different skills. Btw vanish is broken and i can say this as hunter. Its funny when i shot rogues, they vanish, but my shots somehow manage to hit them after that. Its weird i dont know how to explain , but it wasnt like this 1 year ago.
    Its like, rogue vanish and i lose my target instantly, but still i shot autoattack into literally nothing, and guess what happen, i hit that rogue that i didnt even had in target xD. God bless this bug

13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCXg...index=6&t=148s

watch it on 0.5 or 0.25 speed if you cant see it.
    ill upload more vids on weekend, gotta work
    btw its on min 7 or something , i put it in video description (have no tool to cut it yet)

14. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCXg...index=6&t=148s

watch it on 0.5 or 0.25 speed if you cant see it.
    ill upload more vids on weekend, gotta work
    btw its on min 7 or something , i put it in video description (have no tool to cut it yet)
    I guess there is no point of posting "proof" of the issue on forum.
    You can link that youtube video on your old "report" on bugtracker.

That said I understand how frustrating is to get Vanish/Shadowmeld broken like that but, in case you guys were not aware, this "vanish issue" was present on Retail as well.

Here players complain https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...kets-VS-Vanish
    ... But on a pretty regular basis, I launch rockets at a rogue, they vanish, and the rockets still tag them, knocking them out of stealth ...
    vanish has always been and will continue to be BROKEN blizzard has known since day 1 and just never fixes it.
    BROKEN - meaning, that it doesnt work as they say it does. If you vanish AFTER a spell is cast, yet BEFORE it lands, its supposed to bypass you, but 80% of the time....it doesnt.
    welcome to van..err failish.
    Here a Blizzard post (written during 3.3.x patch):
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...cation-vanish/
    We tried a different approach to fix Vanish in a recent patch while it was up on the PTR. It didn't fix the problem (which has everything to do with spells already being in the air) and let rogues use Vanish as a second Cloak, which wasn't the intent. When we backed out that change, we said we were going to try a different approach where we calculate when spells are launched on the server side. Nothing has changed since then and I really can't give you any more information than that. Making more "Lol Vanish doesn't work" threads isn't going to speed that process along, and will just continue to annoy other forum participants.

15. Here a Blizzard post (written during 3.3.x patch):
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...cation-vanish/

I'm also interested on that vanish mechanic, which was one of the main thing that made a good rogue and a bad one back in tbc (in a more easier way ofc)

Did you check that post? https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...more-intended/
    It says that since 4.0 PTR the vanish immune is no more, so we can legitimately thing that in the 3.3.5 patch it was made so that vanish immune for a very short time, like it's visible for example on this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otkuhHWbys (i know it's not on an official one, but the effect is visible there)

Like we can also think it's a general immune and not an auto-attack weak one, and probably lead to a script somewhere broken if not directly on the spell itself

12 Last