1. Coming back home <3

I can't believe how happy I was when that WotLK load screen finally came up. Like many, WoW has been one of the most influential games in my life. The hubbie and I first dipped our toes into it back when we were living in South Africa with terrible DIAL UP connections (jeez, to think we even attempted lol). We had our first experiences with private servers because we couldn't afford retail at the time, and had made a small name for ourselves in a community that tried to first develop first wow-like spawns in the pre-anquiraj era. It was a lifetime ago, but if anyone remembers Southern and Shadowthorn that was us. :) Anyway, we did eventually go to retail and for almost 10 years we lived the WoW life proper. After Cata, we moved back to the US and pretty much started life from scratch and had to leave our virtual home behind. I couldn't come back because now retail has changed so much to the point of it being unrecognizable among other things. And so I found myself here, in Warmane, and all those feels are coming back. I decided to try this place out after watching someone stream their 25 ICC heroic run on their boomkin a few days ago. I know I'll probably not be as successful as I once was back in the heydays of my youth, but to be able to come back to a world untouched by the vagaries of corporate today just brings a tear to my eye. And I shall enjoy it. <3

2. so you had a privete IP. can i ask you what happens if this server gets too big? can the developers get in trouble? can they sue and close everything?

Welcome back. its like we never left.

i am a 10 year wow noob but i wanna do this all the way now lol

3. Ah, I don't know anything about that. That question you'd have to ask the folks who keep this place running. ;) I, myself, didn't actually run servers, just helped rewrite spawn database files.