1. 30 Coins? For any level?

The title sums it up: This is a question and a suggestion to that question. Please forgive me if this has been asked before (I can't believe it hasn't) but I googled it and searched these forums and couldn't find a similar topic. Feel free to leave a link to a post that answers my question and considers my suggestion.

Here it is: I have 2 24ish level characters that I didn't end up enjoy playing so I considered the character trading system. Why not make a few coins and let someone pay a few bucks to save some time. However, the automatic pricing doesn't scale to level, so it is a flawed system. Why would I purchase a level 24 character for the same price as a level 40, 60, or even 80 character?! Because it has no gear it is worth the same? I think not. Leveling from 24 to 80 takes from what I've seen others obviously power-leveling characters because they had no professions or dual spec is almost a week of /played time or so.

That's my question: Why the same price for all level naked characters, not taking into account professions, mounts, speccing, etc?

Consider: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary

vs.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary

or

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary

Why is there no scaling for any attribute of the character except gear?

My suggestion is to create an algorithm that accounts for multiple variables and provides an accurate minimum price.

Thank you,

Kastlen
    Lordaeron

P.S. Warmane would benefit from an improved and scaled pricing system since more characters would sell therefore increasing the number of transaction fees for such sales.
    Edited: June 26, 2020 Reason: Duplicate post was deleted

2. First of, no one wil lever buy a ****ing level 24 character, **** takes literally 10minutes to get to that level. 2nd- having no profs doesnt mean you got power leveled, only mean you rushed to level 80 and dont care about profs because that **** is all do-able end game.

just make a new character and move on, delete that character you dont like and go on

3. What about a level 60 naked character or level 71? Should they be priced the same as level 80? And professions, mounts, etc do take time and/or reputation to acquire, so they are worth more. I appreciate your input, but it doesn't address the flawed system.

4. Fmtansei, if you had looked he was referring to Lordaeron (x1), not Icecrown (x7).

I'm still not sure there's a market for it, given how you'd be competing against a full 80 for 30 coins. Would anyone really pay 15 coins to start at level 40 when it gets exponentially harder as you level? Maybe?

5. Off the top of my head, a 1/32 hrs (squared) graph would yield a rough estimate for level alone pricing. There are other valuable aspects to a character aside from gear that makes them more valuable and accounting for other attributes that cost the most important resource of time I would include.

I would consider buying a level 40 with some developed professions and dual specs for a third of a bare-bones 80 but then I think a week's worth (at least) in-game time is worth more than 30 coins(euros/dollars).

I still don't have an answer why different level characters with no gear are priced the same and my suggestion stands that level and other attributes should effect the pricing to provide a reasonable marketplace.

I realize I'm wasting my time (ironic I know) replying to this, but it just makes no sense and buyer beware.
    Edited: June 26, 2020

6. Off the top of my head, a 1/32 hrs (squared) graph would yield a rough estimate for level alone pricing. There are other valuable aspects to a character aside from gear that makes them more valuable and accounting for other attributes that cost the most important resource of time I would include.

I would consider buying a level 40 with some developed professions and dual specs for a third of a bare-bones 80 but then I think a week's worth (at least) in-game time is worth more than 30 coins(euros/dollars).

I still don't have an answer why different level characters with no gear are priced the same and my suggestion stands that level and other attributes should effect the pricing to provide a reasonable marketplace.

I realize I'm wasting my time (ironic I know) replying to this, but it just makes no sense and buyer beware.
    It's because warmane aslo has character boost to direct level 80 for 20 coins that's why the warmane character trade system has been set up to minimum price of 30 coins. As you can go see for yourself in character trade that there are lots of competition to even sell level 80 character that's why people put in all efforts like equip all BOEs possible, level up at least 2x major professions, make one or few reputations to exalted like the ashen verdict for free icc ring, learn dual spec, have fast flying 280%, and finally put in some extra gold in the character to be on top of the competition. All these are to sell the character for 30 coins which is 10 coins more than warmane's price, so that's the reason nobody wants to buy a naked level 80 character with no effort put in for 30 coins because warmane itself does it for 20 coins which is cheaper.

Different level characters are priced the same to make them fit into the same competition as well. You can even sell higher level bracket twinks like 60, 69, 70, or 79 for 30 coins, of course with good twink gears and other things that I mentioned above. Actually, people even sell level 1 character for more than 30 coins just because it has got good name.

With that being said, whatever the level the minimum price for character trade set up by warmane is 30 coins to ensure everyone fits into the same competition with good amount of effort put into their characters to sell their characters more than warmane's level 80 boost price.

7. I get it, I'm just surprised at the number of characters on the market with no effort put in. I play on Lordaeron so there is no option for character boost and 80s range from 30-900 or more coins. It's crazy and great potential for taking advantage of naivety. I don't agree with the system on Lordaeron because I think it's worth more to level an 80 at 1x and should have a higher base price.

That aside, why does anyone bother to post a random level 19 character when it's obvious that it will not sell. I see the reason for the cool name, but the whole market is ridiculous on Lordaeron. For instance, I bought a warlock with 3 heirlooms at 71 because I've leveled a lock before and the looms will be inherited by my next alt so it was worth what I paid for it, but it is a fact that in the same price range there was a level 42 with greens, etc.

I'm getting off my original topic that level and the attributes you mentioned should scale the price, but you make some good points so again it's the buyer's responsibility to realize the flaws of this marketplace and not be taken advantage of.

Thanks for your input

8. The level 19 makes sense for twinking.

I agree that it makes no sense to enforce the lowest selling price of a character without considering the level.

9. The guy made briliant opint and all you do is attack it for pointless reasons. There are people who are willing to pay for lets say level 69 twink. It takes some time those of us that actually work in real life to level up to that point. So making Warmane allow us to donate would be really smart. In the end, they got nothing to loose.

10. If someone who wants to buy a level 69 twink, he'll pay the 30 coins for it, easy as that. If you take a look at the gold market on trade, people are undercutting each-other every time. If they remove the minimum cap, the same would be done with characters as well to the point where people wouldn't utilize warmane's level-up functions but rather just buy a character for 15 coins, or say even 20. You are paying 20 coins to buy a character level 69 and have to level just a bit more to get to an 80? Why bother using the instant level-up then? Etc. They got plenty to lose, in truth. Warmane diminishes coins with each successful transaction. Reducing the minimal value would mean less of a transfer fee? Or less coins for the seller? Plus the overall hassle of having to implement it.

11. lol even on a ****ing x1, it takes literally 1h30 to get level 24, who tf would pay coins for that ****, literally no one, just ****ing make a new toon and move on, not our fault you dont like the class

12. July 4, 2020  
    lol even on a ****ing x1, it takes literally 1h30 to get level 24, who tf would pay coins for that ****, literally no one, just ****ing make a new toon and move on, not our fault you dont like the class
    I'd love to see you ding level 24 in 1 hour and 30 minutes on Lordaeron x1. Please. Make a video of that with a timer. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Edit: And you're wrong. I've sold more level 20-40s then level 80s on Lordaeron. I am at about 25 toons sold. (And yes, I can provide screenshots)