1. Greatness trinket for disc

Probably a dumb question, but how would you value greatness for disc? The passive int to buff mana (mana kind of feels rough if you don't have a good comp to ensure stuff like tide, innervates etc) and crit. I'm not in a hardcore guild or anything so atm getting any of the other good trinkets is likely a ways off.

Would love to hear thoughts ;)

2. July 2, 2020  
    it's decemt. although not a viable option; it's an 18k investment, which you could sell on site for coins, buy an illustration and still have some coins left. There are other trinkets, which are also good and relatively easy to get (saph trinK!)
    Mana hymn gives temporary +20% to maximum mana, which is an 20% amplifier to any +%x mana replenish. Use arcane torrent every cd until you have 0-20% mana, throw shadowfiend, cast mana hymn+arcane torernt=100% mana. Pairing Hymn with mana tide is a huge mana regain for the whole raid, which you should do.
    Raid with discord and ask for those cooldowns. Make a macro on mana hymn with /s MANA HYMN IS UP and make sure shamans are ready to throw their totem at that time. Make a macro, where you ask for innervate/mana tide. Always have mana potions and use them.

PS> Raiding with druids/shamans/any1 who doesn't know how to use their cds is not a good idea.

3. July 2, 2020  
    It's ok as a placeholder to have better regen, but as you become better at disc and learn to maximize Rupture and do things Dozorto1 said you almost never run out of mana, so spellpower becomes the best stuff after you have capped GCD with haste.
    Maybe give all encounters some thought, on which ones you can take advantage of Rupture, on which ones you could change to some regen trinkets maybe, that would be something very effective. Maybe that's not even necessary, we don't know what are your goals an what content you are doing.

4. July 4, 2020  
    Fair points, I didn't think about the selling the gold for coins etc. I bought the trinket before reading that, so far I'm quite happy. And to the above about mana being better when you're more skilled - very true, I'm quite inexperienced on wotlk disc pve, getting better now though :)

Thanks for your comments guys.

5. July 6, 2020  
    I saw that you were posting about t7, so its safe to say you're playing on frostmourne. While learning to manage mana better with rapture is a good strategy for t10, especially due to how the fights are structured, using dmc + gemming intellect is a very viable (and in my opinion the optimal) strategy on Frostmourne at the moment. While t7 fights are piss easy and short, Ulduar fights are going to be much longer and healing intensive. Additionally, there aren't always mechanics as perfect as infest on LK for maximizing rapture gains as a disc. I would advise keeping the darkmoon card for Ulduar, paired with illustration if you can get it, or forethought talisman otherwise.

6. July 9, 2020  
    I saw that you were posting about t7, so its safe to say you're playing on frostmourne. While learning to manage mana better with rapture is a good strategy for t10, especially due to how the fights are structured, using dmc + gemming intellect is a very viable (and in my opinion the optimal) strategy on Frostmourne at the moment. While t7 fights are piss easy and short, Ulduar fights are going to be much longer and healing intensive. Additionally, there aren't always mechanics as perfect as infest on LK for maximizing rapture gains as a disc. I would advise keeping the darkmoon card for Ulduar, paired with illustration if you can get it, or forethought talisman otherwise.
    Thanks for your advice. I swapped gems to sp today to test it out, was alright. In uld I may return to int however.