1. Blood DK Bugs (GLyph of DS and DRW) are they fixed yet?

Quick question. I am considering going Blood for PvP shenanigans in bgs as I remember being literally unkillable 1v1 and even in some 1v2 situations back in cata and want to somewhat relive the fun of being an actual pvp tank.

I remember a while back someone said don't bother because blood is too bugged in this version of the game. In particular the two bugs that I remember where

1. Dancing Rune Weapon only does 10% damage instead of the advertised 50% in the tooltip

2. Glyph of Death Strike doesn't actually work at all

Have these issues been fixed? Having ungodly amounts of PvP survivability on top of very fun burst cds was a blast in cata, and I even had many macros designed specifically to taunt nerds in bgs to wasting time focusing on me while my teammates had free reign.

2. 1. Dancing Rune Weapon only does 10% damage instead of the advertised 50% in the tooltip
    It's not supposed to do 50% of your damage.

2. Glyph of Death Strike doesn't actually work at all
    To the best of my knowledge GoDS works fine, but you can always test it ig.

3. It's not supposed to do 50% of your damage.

To the best of my knowledge GoDS works fine, but you can always test it ig.
    But according to the tooltip in the talent tree https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#j it says "Same attacks as the death knight but for 50% reduced damage". Am I interpreting that wrong or is it working as intended and the tooltip is what is incorrect?

4. Am I interpreting that wrong or is it working as intended and the tooltip is what is incorrect?
    The tooltip and your interpretation of it are both wrong. Logs from retail (won't be going through the list rn, you can find some on bugtracker) show blood dks using DRW and it doing nowhere near 50% of their attack damage, be it from an ability or auto. Nobody really knows how it should scale. Information about it is extremely scarce and consists mostly of assumptions. In whatever way it worked on retail is likely not reproducible unless Blizzard themselves find it.

5. So then is there really any reason not to offspec blood for said purpose? Your avatar's image makes me doubtful.

6. So then is there really any reason not to offspec blood for said purpose? Your avatar's image makes me doubtful.
    Blood is mostly just perceived as weaker than UH in pvp and worst dk dps spec in pve (slightly lower dps, no usefull raid-buffs)

If you intend to have some fun in pvp, go for it, try it out. Dont expect to get better results than you would get as UH though.

7. Your avatar's image makes me doubtful.
    Don't worry about it. The avatar is just part of making fun of a particularly bad forum poster for the past 2-3 years.

8. Jendah you are wrong about pve. With BiS gear (all 3 specs) worst is frost, and blood can beat UH in shorter fights.

9. Jendah you are wrong about pve. With BiS gear (all 3 specs) worst is frost, and blood can beat UH in shorter fights.
    A blood dk thread isn't complete without a messiah telling us the mythos that is a best in slot blood dk. When will you people accept the fact that blood does not miraculously start beating frost and unholy at bis?

10. A blood dk thread isn't complete without a messiah telling us the mythos that is a best in slot blood dk. When will you people accept the fact that blood does not miraculously start beating frost and unholy at bis?
    Messiah? Have you ever tried blood? Dont be ignorant, try it for yourself. I try it, and played for past 2-3 years. What I wrote is from experience. I didn't say it was best dk pve spec. But is better then frost and can beat UH in shorter fights. But in general best is UH and most useful. Sry on bad english.

11. Idk, maybe on Normal fights it can beat half afk frost now when this delay has destroyed frost rotation. Even then it's better to get blood tank with deep frost for talons and get /prety much anything/ like another boomie or another fury for higher dps. But when we start to look at Heroic raids blood is lowest dps and utility, has no "niche" and is pretty much invited when other option is to go 24/25. Or when you are in a good position with your guild and they are ok with you going with meme spec.

If you are farming Normal with close to BiS gear groups blood is pretty "ok" I guess and is viable choice after you have all the necessary raid buffs and stuff.

12. Unfortunately i have only 2 screenshots
    https://imgur.com/a/aRXmkQg OVERALL DMG ICC25 8/10 HC
    https://imgur.com/a/hqtPbkk LOD RUN ICC25 12/12 HC DBS HC EVERYONE IS BIS AND ALL WARS, PALAS AND DKS HAVE SM
    In burst i was at 25+k, and i will prob finish with 20k if I hadn't wasted time on the adds.
    Screenshots are from two different guilds and different period of time. On first one i was 6.7, on second 6.8 (only penumbra missing for full biss).
    One more thing to add i was belf at this time, but orc is far more better for dks (any spec).

13. That's great, everyone go respec Blood because you can do 20k dps on DBS if you ignore adds!

But on serious note, I have seen Blood do better than that, seems those numbers are from some 5th run of the week, judging by everyone elses numbers. If you had DK from every spec on equal skill/gear you would be third of them. Tbh I remember multiple times where I did over 20k dps with UH on dbs from which 3-4% was on adds, maybe that was before something was fixed, for sure happened before we got this "batching" or whatever that makes Icecrown a delay lagfest.

No one said Blood does 8k dps. It is pretty viable under some conditions. If it's fun for you, go for it, it great. But in raid where everyone does some 95% of their spec potential Blood simply wont cut it.

14. My point was that blood is not as bad as people try to present it, and many do that. Second screenshot is from one of the best guilds on Icecrown, second run. And that guild farm 15-20 lods per week or even more. If there aren’t people out there who get the most out of their classes I don’t know where they are then. I'm not saying everyone should respec blood, for me ideal raid setup is hybrid blood tank and one UH for DKs. But people need to stop disrespecting blood, because many don’t play it or don’t know how to play it.

15. FUNFACT!
    If you replace a Blood DK with another Fury Warrior, you get more raid dmg!
    THEMOREYOUKNOW!

Unholy provides Ebon Plague.
    Frost provides Imp Icy Talons.
    Blood does less DPS than a Fury Warrior.

2 + 2 = 4 also btw, in case some of you forgot.

After you get ALL the buffs/debuffs/auras/cds in the raid, you want all other spots to be filled with best in slot Fury Warriors, in case you want to maximise the raid dps overall.
    If you want to have fun, you can go with w/e raid comp and still kill Lich King with 30% buff inside the citadel.

Blood DK, BM/Survival Hunter, Frost/Arcane Mage, Muti/Sub Rogue, Ele/Enha Shaman, Destro Warlock, Arms/Prot Warrior are specs that you play for fun, not for maximising performance. If you manage to pull DECENT DPS with these specs, it DOES NOT mean that the spec is AWESOME and BETTER than other options, it means that it does DECENT DPS (when best in slot) and nothing else. :D

Blood as a spec is good for couple of things when it comes to WOTLK.
    Tanking.
    Soloing dungeons/raids pre-wotlk.
    Some PvP duels against Melee classes.
    Blood as a spec is NOT good when it comes to PVE if u want to maximise the damage output.
    Blood as a spec is OK if you want to play it in PvE for the lulz, altho I really dont know how spamming Heart Strike like a mad man is any more fun than rotations provided by Frost or Unholy DK.

P.S. Unholy with Gloren should have done more overall DMG for whole of ICC, since it has 10 times better trash dmg, just saying... :D

123 ... Last