1. Block Capped Prot Paladin - Anubarak 25hc

Greetings Warmane Members and Staff!

Had to put these thoughts out there, in the hope of some feedback or maybe personal experience of players.

Now, I have seen quite a few Protection Warriors that are block capped, and tank the adds at Anubarak 25hc. Essentially, you can tank any number of adds as a Prot Warrior, if you have got the block gear set. Quite a few players in guilds who do ToGC 25 Insanity, have these block capped Warriors on horde. I've seen a few on the Alliance side, too.

My question is, has anybody tried doing it on a Paladin? I'm currently at 6.2k as a Prot Paladin, and with Holy Shield up, I am at the 102.4 required block cap. BUT, come 8+ adds on Anubarak, and the Holy Shield will melt, leaving me naked (block wise) at 72~%. Has someone worked around this?

Do we aim for the same set and gear as block Warriors, to try and reach cap without Holy Shield?

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers
    Edited: June 27, 2020

2. There are many Paladin block tanks that did the job, so it's possible. The biggest difference between Paladin and Warrior is the fact that Warrior stun is only frontal cone BUT it get applied instantly and lasts 4s, while Paladin has a 360 AOE stun BUT it has some small amount of travel time to the add and only lasts 3s. It isn't much of a difference but Warrior has more room for mistakes when it comes down to it.