1. Witness of a COD scam?

Hey, all. I have a small question. I just logged in on Lordearon and found a very curious mail. It was a COD package, that contained a Black Vitriol crystal, which cost 500g. Before you ask, no, I didn't accept it, as I was aware of such in-game tricks. However, I am not certain whether this was a reportable case. Normally, a COD scam would look like this:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=331544

i.e. it would contain a false information, that the players are getting freebies from the staff. This wasn't my case. The mail I received was completely empty (with the exception of the overpriced item), so I am not really sure, that it was considered a scam. It was an attempt for that, no doubt, but it didn't contain any bait. So, what should I do in the future if I witness a similar thing? Should I bother reporting it to the GMs?

[line-through]Thanks in advance[/line-through]
    Edited: October 29, 2023

2. You'd get the most correct answer by asking this question in game to the GMs via ticket since it is indeed sort of sketchy.
    Personally, I don't think they'd consider it a scam.

3. You'd get the most correct answer by asking this question in game to the GMs via ticket since it is indeed sort of sketchy.
    Personally, I don't think they'd consider it a scam.
    Thanks, Thorbjorn, for the advice. You are absolutely right, that it would be best to contact the GMs themselves.
    Edited: October 8, 2023