1. What do I install? I notice different expansions

what exactly do I download? I know I have to choose the windows client under the options but I notice I can choose different expansions under the options. What exactly do I have to choose to download the full client?

2. Do you want The Burning Crusade era WoW, Wrath of the Lich King era WoW, or perhaps the Mists of Pandaria era WoW?

What are the differences?
    Lvl caps:
    TBC: 70
    WotLK: 80
    MoP: 90

What else?
    You can play TBC content in WotLK and MoP, but that content may not be finely tuned as it's in TBC
    You can't play higher level content in lower level expansion. So there's no new/added content of WotLK or MoP in TBC.

Recommendation? WotLK (old) - client. Then see which realm suits your fancy.
    There's a reason why most people like WotLK (lore, PvP, PvE, nostalgia) and it's Warmane's selling point.

There are 4 active realms for WotLK client.
    Blackrock is instant lvl 80 PvP realm.
    Frostmourne is seasonal realm that resets yearly (don't quote me on time frame).
    Icecrown is x7 realm. Most played realm, usually full and has long queue if you don't donate once.
    Lordaeron is x1 realm, "blizzlike" hardcore. Fights are harder than they are in Icecrown.

3. Thank you for the response. I’m going to try and choose frostmourne server based on the information I read about it. What is the difference between choosing WotLK (old) and new? You recommended I choose the old one. Can I choose same server (frostmourne) on old or new expansion ?

4. Thank you for the response. I’m going to try and choose frostmourne server based on the information I read about it. What is the difference between choosing WotLK (old) and new? You recommended I choose the old one. Can I choose same server (frostmourne) on old or new expansion ?
    Difference was purely between models in-game. New launcher had updated WoD models while the old has old models from WotLK era. New one has been removed recently with no explanation so you'll download the old when trying to download the new one aswell.
    Frostmourne is WotLK only realm. For WotLK launcher you can choose Frostmourne, Icecrown, Blackrock and Lordaeron. Others won't show up in the launcer.