1. Wotlk Race change/Name change questions

Hi! I have a few questions regarding race change/name change, specifically on Icecrown:

1. First of all, does race change come with a name change as well?

2.Secondly, and most important, if I change name of a character on Icecrown, does the name become available instantly for me to use on another char or is it locked for a period? If so, how long? And does it differ if the new char is on a different account?

Thanks in advance!

2. Alright nice, thanks for the response!

3. Alright nice, thanks for the response!
    I'd just like to add your name might be bugged for some time until you relog few times or close+open WoW.
    When I got a race change with a rename nobody could whisper me until I relogged a few times. Had that problem for few minutes so don't panic if it happens to you.

4. I'd just like to add your name might be bugged for some time until you relog few times or close+open WoW.
    When I got a race change with a rename nobody could whisper me until I relogged a few times. Had that problem for few minutes so don't panic if it happens to you.
    Alright I will keep that in mind, cheers!

5. July 7, 2020  
    Trying to race change but it keeps saying I must be offline? I've closed WoW completely and it still gives me error

6. July 7, 2020  
    Trying to race change but it keeps saying I must be offline? I've closed WoW completely and it still gives me error
    Restart PC and don't boot WoW. Go to website and do the name/race change.