1. It was 100% my intent. My philosophy is this: If they're not going to fix it, then we might as well go full speed ahead and crash this train. I encourage everyone with multiple accounts to do the same. The sooner we break it, the sooner they will fix it.

2. I know many of the Massive Boxers because I talk to them :P

Overall, almost all of them don't donate beyond the 10 coins for Premium because they make so much Gold from the Gem Vendor. If you look at the Auction House, most of all sellers are Multi-Boxers selling Gems in large quantities, the Gems are like Candy to them.

If you win a WG with 40 accounts, it's about 70 Gems on the spot each time! (About 50 Gems if you lose) They make so many Cardinal Rubies that they over flood them then start going into King's Amber then other Epic Gems.

For normal players, JC has been killed due to the oversupply of excess gems due to Multi-Boxers and Fully Geared players who play for fun, and buy Gems as a way to spend Honor. These players will never need Gems because they are already fully geared, and only add additional gems to the economy.

There are no "Tailoring Vendor", "Blacksmith Vendor", "Leatherworking Vendor", "Alchemy Vendor", "Engineering Vendor", "Enchanting Vendor", "Inscription Vendor", or "Cooking Vendor", "First Aid Vendor", or any Vendor that sells anything profitable non-Profession related with Honor Points. This is why JC is not worth it. Epic Gems were harder to get in retail, but there candy here.

And I know, Retail had a Epic Gem Vendor, so it's here. What retail didn't have tho was the natural consequences of being stuck on a specific expansion :P

3. This thread is good example why multiboxing is allowed.

Multiple people contributing, lying and even going out of the way to disrupt gameplay to prove their point.

And not single reasonable factual argument was presented.

It is the equivalent of 0 resil pve players coming to conclusion that shadowmourne is overpowered after facing gladiator warpal in arena.

4. If you win a WG with 40 accounts, it's about 70 Gems on the spot each time! (About 50 Gems if you lose) They make so many Cardinal Rubies that they over flood them then start going into King's Amber then other Epic Gems.
    Those numbers are not correct. You won't gain much more than 10000 honor per win, which translates to a single epic gem. Losses is about 1/3 of that. With a 40 box setup, you are looking at 15 to 40 gems per Wintergrasp, or 3000 to 8000 gold per battle. It is still really good for less than 1 hour of gameplay, prep time included.

5. I gain about 10k for a lose, and and 10k for a win. Multiboxers make a lot of the honor from getting several HKs

@dccct it may be a bug. but had some strange stuff happening. I get 10k if I win or lose. Sometimes, I even only get 1 or 2 marks for a win, believe its mercenary mode
    Edited: June 30, 2020

6. Multi boxing in BG is a cancer that is bad for every one ..

7. I gain about 10k for a lose, and and 10k for a win. Multiboxers make a lot of the honor from getting several HKs

@dccct it may be a bug. but had some strange stuff happening. I get 10k if I win or lose. Sometimes, I even only get 1 or 2 marks for a win, believe its mercenary mode
    I have heard of Wintergrasp awarding extra honor in General Chat but have not noticed it myself. Just curious, how did you conclude it was caused by Mercenary Mode?

8. Concluded it's Mercenary Mode because I was getting ~ 1/3 the Honor when I Disabled It

9. Concluded it's Mercenary Mode because I was getting ~ 1/3 the Honor when I Disabled It
    Interesting. Mine is always on on all of my accounts.

10. July 2, 2020  
    It was 100% my intent. My philosophy is this: If they're not going to fix it, then we might as well go full speed ahead and crash this train. I encourage everyone with multiple accounts to do the same. The sooner we break it, the sooner they will fix it.
    It's more likely that you'd get into trouble for using extra accounts to get extra honor than it is likely that any change will be made, or at least that's how it seems from the past 10 years. I really think Warmane should hire top PvPers or use polls to make their decisions on the way PvP is handled, as it's undeniably an unhealthy situation, and from the staff members I've faced in PvP, they tend to be low rated players and probably not the best candidates to make well formed decisions to make the PvP gameplay functionally better.

As good as it is to try to remain as blizzlike as possible, the game is far from blizzlike just due to the infinite patch duration. The way stats have been designed, the way arena was balanced, and issues like multiboxers in full bis was never accounted for, because it didn't have to be. This game functionally feels very little like original wrath did. Many specs that people actually frequently used back then are basically no longer played period (assassination rogues used to be the majority in PvP as an example), the majority of the PvP population just plays human, paladins and DKs are way overrepresented, 90+% of the arena comps in the top 50 ladder are holy paladin/plate humans, the list can go on. Small changes would actually make the game feel MORE like Wotlk did than leaving it untouched as it is just due to people having so much time to learn and abuse the meta and the rules.

The real WG battles in retail never had this multiboxer abuse, and I think Blizzard would have VERY likely did something just like my suggestion of removing /follow in WG/BG to fix the problem, rather than letting literally 200+ people suffer quality of gameplay issues every 2.5 hours due to it. I donate a bit here and there on both my accounts, but would definitely donate more if the quality of PvP was better here. I'm a very experienced player on all classes, but what's the sense in donating for gear if I know I'm just going to end up stuck in the same cycle either way, facing 6.8k gs hpal/arms hpal/dks from 1500-3k rating, and completely relying on multiboxers to win or lose my WG games? I'm absolutely positive I'm not the only one who feels that way, and it would actually financially benefit Warmane to stop viewing multiboxers are a cash cow and being too firm in their stance on them, as it's been a huge point of contention on their servers since the very beginning, and only prevents people from wanting to donate when they see PvP as a dead end that's being ruined by things that have absolutely zero relation to player skill.

11. July 2, 2020  
    Why would I get in trouble when I see mboxer with level 77-79 druids AFK in stealth mode regularly in Wintergrasp. I also see others doing nothing but fish the entire battle. Wintergrasp is not a battleground. As long as I'm not botting I doubt they will take any action. I at least try to cap workshops, and that's more contribution than those who AFK in graveyards.

12. July 2, 2020  
    It's more likely that you'd get into trouble for using extra accounts to get extra honor than it is likely that any change will be made, or at least that's how it seems from the past 10 years. I really think Warmane should hire top PvPers or use polls to make their decisions on the way PvP is handled, as it's undeniably an unhealthy situation, and from the staff members I've faced in PvP, they tend to be low rated players and probably not the best candidates to make well formed decisions to make the PvP gameplay functionally better.
    Not a single top PvPer cares about WG. You keep trying to make custom changes to realm based on keeping things blizzlike.

As good as it is to try to remain as blizzlike as possible, the game is far from blizzlike just due to the infinite patch duration. The way stats have been designed, the way arena was balanced, and issues like multiboxers in full bis was never accounted for, because it didn't have to be. This game functionally feels very little like original wrath did. Many specs that people actually frequently used back then are basically no longer played period (assassination rogues used to be the majority in PvP as an example), the majority of the PvP population just plays human, paladins and DKs are way overrepresented, 90+% of the arena comps in the top 50 ladder are holy paladin/plate humans, the list can go on. Small changes would actually make the game feel MORE like Wotlk did than leaving it untouched as it is just due to people having so much time to learn and abuse the meta and the rules.
    Seems like you want to change the entire game because you don't enjoy it? You sure this is the right game for you? Why don't just move on to game that isn't this flawed?

The real WG battles in retail never had this multiboxer abuse, and I think Blizzard would have VERY likely did something just like my suggestion of removing /follow in WG/BG to fix the problem, rather than letting literally 200+ people suffer quality of gameplay issues every 2.5 hours due to it.
    Once again you have no idea what you are talking about.

The ''real WG battles in retail'' is some fancy dream you made up like 90% of your posts.

People literally have not played WG outside of getting 15-40 marks for item.
    It was not uncommon to see 10+ tenacity just from player count difference.
    You can see this by watching old WG videos and see that 90% of them have 3-20 tenacity due to not enough players on one side.

Blizzard didn't care about WG you can see numerous posts on old forums mentioning this.
    It literally took them until season 7 to add level 75 requirement to join Wintergrasp.
    There was no que system or teleport system before season 7, you could literally just fly to enemy fortress and stay there from the start etc.

Should Warmane also prohibit people from playing holy+arms or dk because apparently you don't like it?

I think Blizzard would have VERY likely did something just like my suggestion of removing /follow in WG/BG to fix the problem
    Majority of your posts are based on this lie. Blizzard never removed follow from BGs because of multiboxers but because of bots.

Even after follow was removed it was still possible to interact with pets and mounts to move same as if your characters were following. (you can watch BG multibox videos throughout 2013-2019 to see this in action)

World PvP zones equal to WG still allowed multiboxers to participate and use follow function.

I donate a bit here and there on both my accounts, but would definitely donate more if the quality of PvP was better here. I'm a very experienced player on all classes, but what's the sense in donating for gear if I know I'm just going to end up stuck in the same cycle either way, facing 6.8k gs hpal/arms hpal/dks from 1500-3k rating, and completely relying on multiboxers to win or lose my WG games? .
    The fact that you consider WG high end PvP and complain about holy+arms or dk in arenas makes you look laughable.

WG is not an end game battleground.
    It's low level entry battleground that is fundamentally unbalanced and flawed and rewards you with 1 piece of usable low ilvl gear.
    You can literally afk in workshop respawn and force multiple enemy players to stay there.
    You can kill people while being imune etc.
    I literally don't know a single end game pvp player that ques for WG in last 5+ years (even before more than 2 players mass multiboxed) because there is no real competition or challenge or ''relation to player skill''.

13. July 2, 2020  
    Their house, their rules. That being said, most players aside from multi-boxers and moderators seem to think multi-boxing is getting out of hand. I would not be surprised if it turns out to be a net loss for Warmane since most new boxers don't seem to have donated much, if at all: They have garbage gear and some aren't even max level. To add to that, it is a huge turn off for new players, a potential source of revenue.
    Edited: July 2, 2020

14. July 2, 2020  

I mean, you make it sound that they are invincible. You can multibox too, there's nobody telling you "you can't".

15. July 3, 2020  
    I tried it once in 2010 with 5 shamans on the Warsong server. It was clunky and not really a lot of fun for me, though it was funny at first to one shot people with lava burst. It's generally not very fun at all from a mechanical perspective due to the restrictions of dealing with follow; it's only fun because you can feel more powerful than anyone else.

To Rocotpcha, the weekly quests in WG and honor gain even for losing are better than doing bgs, so it's good for gold. What do you play by the way that makes it so funny that I think the human Hpal/Awarr Smourne meta is toxic and boring? I play every class, and a few comps can counter it, but most are pretty hopeless. The comp requires very little communication or mechanical skill, and isn't really a lot of fun to play against at all. The only comps I like facing them on is rogue spriest and mage priest. The first comp I ever hit 2k on was hpal/awarr, despite having played rogue far longer than warrior. It's not as big of an issue as MB, but was worth bringing up as those two aspects of this server are the only two that greatly impact the fun of it. Every good player I've ever befriended has disliked the comp as much as me, aside from the ones who play it as their main comp. I don't consider WG "high end PvP", but it is an end game aspect of the game and one of the few PvP options we have outside of BGs and arena.

You are correct that Blizzard changed /follow in BGs for botting, and that's part of what I'm arguing for. It's a net gain in every aspect for the vast majority of the population, and it doesn't hurt anything but multiboxing and afk/botters. How can you justify standing up for that? Are you one of those people? WG balance greatly depended on the server you played on. Servers with good horde/alliance balance didn't have a bad tenacity issue, and Blizz probably should have done a better job designing tenacity or changing the way queuing worked to make that piece of the system work better, but that's a different issue to what I made this thread for. One player shouldn't be the sole decider of a BG meant for 240 people.

Removing follow in places that it only causes problems apparently is equivalent to "changing the entire game because I don't like it" sounds like you're definitely a multiboxer if /follow in BGs and one PvP zone is "the entire game" to you. None of you people ever make good arguments, you just try to attack people's intelligence when they disagree with you abusing the game at the cost of other people's experiences. Even if it hypothetically didn't affect me at all, it's extremely obvious to see how much it bothers a lot of people on this server, and it would make me pretty stupid to disregard that and pretend it's all fine and dandy just because it doesn't personally affect me. Your opinion must be flawless and completely infallible, I feel so honored for you to bring your 200iq to this thread.

First 1234 ... Last