1. Why aura mastery as prot?

Hello. I’m a little new to prot Paladins. My question was why do we go for the AM spec instead to going for the ret talents for more threat? And is the 4 set bonus really worth it? 12% dodge doesn’t seem much.
    Thank you

2. Play what you want to play. These cookie cutter specs are for min/maxing. Personally I run seal of command and pursuit of justice for trash and 5 mans. I play to have fun not impress/carry some person on the internet.

3. Hello. I’m a little new to prot Paladins. My question was why do we go for the AM spec instead to going for the ret talents for more threat? And is the 4 set bonus really worth it? 12% dodge doesn’t seem much.
    Thank you
    AM spec was invented to deal with LoD at low % ICC buff. Unless you go for no buff ICC you don't need it - it helps your raid still though.

There is a debate about 4 set.. you can either get a bit more EHP (by going for more offsets) all the time or decent dodge proc - just a note it's worth more than 12% reduced dmg taken for its period - depending on your avoidance chance it should be close to 20%.

Again on 30% ICC buff it doesn't matter much what you pick.

4. Wow. Thank you so much for the quick replies. Guess I’ll stick to 2 set bonus and the ret talents.
    One last question... is seal of command worth it? Does it play a major in aoe tanking? Would u recommend a geared or bis prot pala spend a point on it?
    Thank you.

5. It makes aoe tanking quite a bit more comfortable. But threat 9n big pulls can be solved by MD.

Is it worth loosing a bit of survivabiliy for? Up to you to decide.. for me it was, because I pugged a lot and many ppl forgot they can MD.

6. Command is worth it. With and especially without MD. In the end, it's a QoL talent and very much worth it.
    I've never ran into situation where AM from a prot would be called for.

7. July 1, 2020  
    Hello. I’m a little new to prot Paladins. My question was why do we go for the AM spec instead to going for the ret talents for more threat? And is the 4 set bonus really worth it? 12% dodge doesn’t seem much.
    Thank you
    Aura mastery will never EVER be as valuable as 2/2 vindication, one of the most crucial talents for protection Paladin.

8. July 1, 2020  
    Aura mastery will never EVER be as valuable as 2/2 vindication, one of the most crucial talents for protection Paladin.
    While AP debuff is essential, Vindication is worst one to rely on. It should be taken care off by bear/fury war pretty much always, freeing 2 talent points for prot pal.