1. July 3, 2020  

Cat or Moonkin for Wotlk?

Hi.I play on Frostmourn. 1 of my specs is Tank and i need to decide on a DPS spec to go with when Ulduar arrives. PVE and PVP. I have played both Cat and moonkin to 4,3k gs. So basicly i need some help deciding. I like both specs but they are quite different. The way i see it:

PVE: - Cat is more complex in all areas of the game but especially in PVE its more rewarding but also much more stressful to play managing all the dots and buffs and debuffs. I really dislike savage roar. In raids its fine but in dungeons and just pve or farming its really annoying.
    - In comparison the Moonkin is much more chill to dps with in every pve situation. But when i do good dps as cat it feelsmuch more rewarding since you really done something as Mooonkin its rather meh pressed the button that lights up basicly (eclipse). The DPS seems to be around the same but in stressful situation Moonkin does more cause easier to play.
    - Also since i play Tank its easier to gear cat since no matter what spec i am i can roll on melee leather and when i get an upgrade the cat just gets the worse piece so its not wasted unlike with boomkin.

PVP: - Cat is much more complex having to keep up savage roar, having instant cyclone and bear. But when you master it its also very effective which i havent yet. Often you i can burst someone down but im squishy aswell. In arena i like Cat in Battlegrounds less so since a leather dps in the frontlines doesnt do well and beeing solo just isnt that good in BGs. In 1v1 situation when i open i win most times and when beeing opened on atleast cat is decent.
    - Boomkin on the other hand again is much more easier to play but it is not as good 1v1 and maybe even really bad. If you have cds you own people if you dont you die. In BGs Moonkin is much more fun my survival and damage is better. Also the heals are pretty good for a dps HoT and run saves my life often. Except for Starfall and when people let me freecast i cant burst people and am more or less dependent on dots. I havent played Arena as Moonkin but i assume its either you pull all cd and Burst or you die.

I know only i can answer this question but maybe you can help with your expierience. Thanks
    Edited: July 3, 2020