1. July 3, 2020  

New player here. Some Questions about Server / Donation

Hello,

English is not my main language and I'm sorry for my grammar.
    I'm a new player I started with a friend 3 days ago. Our goal is to reach lvl 80, gearing up to do some lvl 80 dungeons and maybe one day Icc and Battlegrounds / Arena.
    We were playing on Frostmourne without realizing it for 2 straight days, that it was seasonal and we changed to Icecrown.

1: We are both over 30y old and played on the official server a while. Is it possible to keep up on this Server learn new things and reach our goals ?
    2: About that donation... well, we only have to pay once for the premium member status to skip the queue or ? We can only play 2 hours a day after work and don't want to wait to play.

Yesterday we entered Duskwood with lvl 22, didn't fully cross the bridge (first time pvp flagged) and got killed by an other player. Is this Server too hard for us who don't know anything about wotlk ? 3: If so, are there any alternatives for us ? We was on the classic Server and didn't like it. Should we stay here ?

2. July 3, 2020  
    Welcome, Yes and yes, many people say and I agree with them, say that from Classic wow up to WotLK, WoW got harder every xpac, From Cataclysm the game dumbed down, Yes cataclysm had Ragnaros heroic but generally speaking.

About the donation you only have to donate the lowest ammount 1 time and you will skip queue forever.
    Maybe the player in duskwood was high level and you just didn't have a chanse, otherwise it might be a veteran player like myself leveling his 20th alt.
    The server has been here since 2009, so a lot of people have been endgame for a decade, a lot of people are better then you but that's the case everytime you start a new game.
    Just remember to get in to a guild you both like when you hit 80 and get some gear, the Pug scene can be somewhat off-putting, Raid wise.

3. July 4, 2020  
    As far as Icecrown goes, the best bet is to find a helpful guild, as it would greatly accelerate your learning process. Yes, it's possible to learn the game through random pug groups, but you will be going through a lot (and by a lot I mean a LOT) of salt, which I don't think is worth it. Fortunately, nowadays we have a lot more available information outside the game - forums, streamers and such, which will definitely help you learn faster.

But yeah, getting ganked (being killed by other players, including level 80s) is something that you'll eventually learn to avoid/minimize. Just know that it happens to basically everyone during the leveling process, so it's not because you suck or anything - it just happens.

4. July 4, 2020  

Yesterday we entered Duskwood with lvl 22, didn't fully cross the bridge (first time pvp flagged) and got killed by an other player. Is this Server too hard for us who don't know anything about wotlk ? 3: If so, are there any alternatives for us ? We was on the classic Server and didn't like it. Should we stay here ?
    Yeah since Ashenvale is too big to catch unsuspecting players every bored Horde player goes to Duskwood. My advice is to avoid Stranglethorn vale, Tanaris and Un'goro for leveling. Since you are playing on x7 xp it shouldn't be too much of hassle to just lvl up in northern part of EK till you are 61-62. After that just go to Zangarmarsh/Terrokar since Hellfire is swarming with gankers from both sides. Howling Fjord is also more peaceful so that is a solid starting point for Northrend leveling.

WotLK has less grinding compared to previous expansions and is slightly easier, but still not too dumbed down like expansions that came after. In theory it should be a perfect mix of challenge and beginner friendly content.

5. July 4, 2020  
    Thank you. I will keep this information in mind if we are high enough to enter this areas :)

6. July 4, 2020  
    Oh yeah, I forgot one thing. Why not start on Icecrown immediately if have only 2 hours per day to play? Frostmourne is a progress server so it requires a solid chunk of regular playing if you want to experience early WotLK content.