1. July 4, 2020  

Does Slam reset swing timer?

Topic. I installed the Quartz addon after speccing into an Arms 2H Slam build so that I could time Slam right after my auto attacks. Yet after I downloaded the addon and started using Slam, I noticed that the auto attack bar doesn't reset at all after using Slam; it only pauses during the cast time before continuing again. Is this actually true ingame or a UI bug? It seems to be true upon testing, but I always remembered Slam to reset the swing timer so that players (with low ping) always timed it right after auto attacks. Is this not the case anymore in 3.3.5? In that case are there any advantages to timing Slam or should we just spam it?

2. casting slam does delay weapon swings just as casting shattering throw, it doesnt cancel neither skip it, it just delay it.

3. If you are playing Arms with 2/2 Improved Slam, casting Slam is fine, just don't mindlessly spam it, and keep an eye on rage.
    If you are playing Fury with 0/2 Improved Slam, casting Slam is not what you want to do.
    And as Zeltik said, it only delays the weapon swing, which only lasts for as much as it took for you to cast slam.